A healer riding a pegasus.- ANSWERED

Anchar

A healer riding a pegasus.- ANSWERED

Post by Anchar »

A healer riding a pegasus.
The same healer as on horseback only on a pegasus.
Cost: 5-6
Teaching: the church
Attack: 3
Lives: 30-40
Armor: 0-1
Long-range armor: 0-1
Resistance: high
Speed: 6
Range: 1
Abilities:
Healing,
Double punch,
Removing effects,
Exorcism.
Needed to support air forces and ground forces too
Midonik

Re: A healer riding a pegasus.

Post by Midonik »

The idea itself isn't necessarily bad, but the name isn't not so great... It is way too long. Why not "Pegasus healer" or smt instead?
(That is one of the problems with you other suggestions as well)
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

I wrote such a name so that it would be clear from the title what is inside the topic.All my names look like this: "Bite", "Bronze boot", "Gingerbread man hanged himself", "Super knight king magician archer 5th degree"
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

You can give your name.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Actually at least on this point i am completely against any mounteed casters in general and especially against flying mounted casters for balancing reasons.

Also stats-wise your unit is too healthy for caster. are you sure that is it human and not ettin?
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Yes, I think I went too far with lives, I think ~ 20 will be good. Also, I believe that this fighter will not greatly affect the balance, since in my opinion people are weaker than orcs and stronger than undead, as for elves then this healer will not exist for long under the crowd of archers, and gnomes and lizards are not yet finalized.And the healers themselves are rarely needed, this fighter will exist in the shadow of his foot counterpart. I think you can limit his teaching to the church only for balance.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Well actually he will affect balance greatly for several reasons:
1. Second so fast cavalry caster (which means: 1. hard to kill; 2. too fast when compared to other casters)
2. If combine this with fact that he is flying things will become even worse for balancing: 1. Flyers from melee units (non-polearm and non-anti-flyers) receive 1 damage 2. Flyers can cross any type of landscape.

It is too unfair to give for humans at this point such big advantage. Similar effect would be if someone will suggest for orcs bat riding goblin shaman with base speed 6 and all spells of orc shaman, don't you think?
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

I don’t think so.
With lives in the amount of 20 or maybe less, the absence of armor, this warrior will die quite quickly, and if the archers are also given reinforcement against flying units and this is at a cost of 6, for a similar cost, you can consider a rider on a drake.
At the expense of speed, I propose to initially give a lower speed and when moving to the next stage increase to 6.
Regarding the comparison with the goblin on the bat: The goblin has more lives, it has armor, a ranged attack that will almost destroy a mega building costs only 5 turns. The shaman has, it seems to me, the best restoration of lives, it almost completely heals 100+ lives of ettinu, while the healer does not heal Fighters with 50 lives, the shaman has more useful spells, while it is a pity to give the healer the title of "caster". Area attack and boost look more useful than removing effect and exorcism - both spells are needed only against undead.
The maximum for which the pegasus rider is useful is the capture of centers (people just have problems with this, since they do not have fast water fighters like mermans , skeletons, lizards, which is why I suggested giving them a fighter with a boat ), as well as support for drakes in the later stages of the game.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

for now we should avoid flying casters as they might end up being esponentially more powerful than their land variants (for the same reason we avoided extending even mounting to casters)
Age of Fantasy design leader

Return to “Archived - Human Units, Buildings”