Training ground - IMPLEMENTED

Alexander82

Training ground - IMPLEMENTED

Post by Alexander82 »

This is a building where you can train melee elves and research evasion techs (maybe only counter and melee)
Age of Fantasy design leader
Puss_in_Boots

Re: Training ground

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

The only thing I could argue, because it's addition to the game was inevitable, would be the name. I wouldn't like to see this long awaited building to have the name, "Training ground on it."

Also ideas of this had already been opened, so might wanna take a look there for something more suitable.
OLÉ
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Maybe something comparable to the night elves of Warcraft III, with an ent to train younger elves in the skills it has acquired in it's long lifespan.

Elder ent warrior
Cost 10
Hp 40
Armor 0
Pierce armor 5
Power 10
Range 1
Actions: 1
Trains elf melee
Spells: training (range 3, duration 1, cooldown 3. Gives veteraning power to an elf melee unit for a single turn.)

The training doesn't end when a unit is produced. This keeps the natural theme, with a building that isn't just a building. The cooldown and short duration, plus required proximity of the building to combat, means it is very hard to abuse the ability to train units. If you do somehow manage to get a few kills in under the veteraning effect, however, the resulting unit will be notable.
The glorious sun rises again
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

That does sound very nice.

My only problem is how the mother ent compares to it, which is supposed to train ents, but...

I feel like we can get away with this as:
-It cost more than a mother ent, making this "more experienced" than other ents.
-Many players may have asked for a melee unit training facility, and this one not only produced units, but has an extra attack bonus for melee units on top of that.
OLÉ
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Hey, having veteraning power on every elven unit is out of question. They aren't melee centered and with both auto healing and ranged units that would likely to be abused.

Ok for the idea of a ent as trainer (that would also allow for a moving building) but I wouldn't go further.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Okay I'd say half the costs to 5 of its just a remake of mother ent.
OLÉ
Sunrise Samurai

Might work. I figured the veteraning power would need some harsh limitations. An expensive building that has to be absurdly close to the front lines to make it work was something I thought would limit it enough. Especially with the cooldown and only allowing it to target elf melee. I knew better than to think it would ever be fair on elf ranged. The last thing we need is a quick archer to get that :shock:

Anyway, trying again: sans veteraning
Cost 8
Hp 40
Armor 0
Pierce armor 5
Power 20
Actions 1
Speed 1

Loosely based from uruk tent stats, with some changes. It moves, slow like any other moving building, but has an attack it can actually use. That's enough to show it knows how to fight in melee, and should force attackers to be careful in melee with​ it. The high cost is partly to keep elves from having too much melee focus, for flavor.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Yeah. The attack might be a nice addition
Sunrise Samurai

I'm also thinking the attack goes right into the elf theme we have of "the buildings fight back" from the bramble walls and sacred spring. I remember you saying the attack on sacred spring was accidental, but it feels like a protective warding over it. The description even fits. I've noticed the attack power on these rarely hits anything, but it does seem to deter half-hearted attempts from​ weaker melee attacks. It won't stop a master orc warrior, but it will​ make a swordsman think twice.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I understand your point but in that case it really doesn't make sense. Ok for ent buildings though
Sunrise Samurai

Yeah. Are the last stats good?
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I'll check later. If you have taken uruk tent stats plus attack it might require a higher cost (elven buildings have generally less hp/armor).
Sunrise Samurai

Less hp, no regular armor, added the attack and the movement. Remembering that ent workers are more expensive than goblin slaves, the same cost is still a little slower just because of having fewer workers.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

At the start of the game is certainly true (i'm experiencing that is pretty slower to produce uruks only).
Sunrise Samurai

I noticed. That fact is costing you in our game. I expected you to repel my archers, not let me take a tc and off some workers on you mid volcano building.

Uruk spam may not be suitable in small maps.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Of course not. It is probably a winning tactic in very long games when you are already at a stalemate
Alexander82

Re: Training ground - IMPLEMENTED

Post by Alexander82 »

- IMPLEMENTED

Return to “Archived - Elven Units, Buildings”