elf_wall - ANSWERED

patroid

elf_wall - ANSWERED

Post by patroid »

Hi
Again.
Should i continue? ?
Or any other ideas... maybe a complete bush... or sth like that??
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: elf_wall

Post by Stratego (dev) »

it is pretty nice! however elf bush is ok for a wall i think - we dont need a new wall for them - do we?
ollie444

Post by ollie444 »

Yeah. Elves should have a wall. Bushes seem too weak/unrealistic to defend a base with.
ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

+1
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Bushes seem too weak/unrealistic to defend a base with.
spiky bushes! :)

i think we go with the bush until launched, after that we can bring new structures and units as we do in AOS (based on votes).
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

For the topic of spiky bushes as an elf wall, it strikes me that they should have lower hp than most walls, but rather high pierce armor and a relatively good attack power, though to avoid confusion when i say this, they still get no actions in a turn. In other words, say 40 or so hp, and give 20 power to use only in counterattacks (10 effective power, given it is halved in a counter) when attacked by melee, though the pierce armor is raised to say 10 since arrows aren't much good against a bush, plus to prevent using range as a defined way to avoid the counterattack. obviously, it would be far less durable against axe throwers, siege equipment, and fire based attacks, but who ever said a hedge of thornbushes would do well against falling rocks or large, cutting axes, and we all know wood burns well. I think this would be more unique and help make the elf walls at least stand out from the standard wall building we have seen so far. Also, could someone add some leaves or other greenery to the spiky bush image, it feels like one standing by itself is a dead tree standing in an undead citadel, not a vibrant, living bush grown by elves to be protection against threats to the woods. I'm thinking other ideas could apply to orcs and undead to help make them stand out more from the humans on this front too, and will try to post other ideas in their respective areas.
The glorious sun rises again
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

If you send me the tiles used for aos walls i might figure out how to build walls that are better looking, for other races
Age of Fantasy design leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok! i have reduced the hp to 40, and armor to 1, and increased p.armor to 10.
the "only"counter attack ability is a good idea, however it is not working now in the engine but later can be implemented.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

alexander: email me so i can send it to u.
Sunrise Samurai

It won't work to program a power and set actions allowed to 0 the same way a quick archer has 2? I'm not sure how you program these so I'm just comparing with other units to guess how it can be accomplished.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

It won't work to program a power and set actions allowed to 0 the same way a quick archer has 2? I'm not sure how you program these so I'm just comparing with other units to guess how it can be accomplished.
You are totally right! It is up on server in 10 minutes! :)
Sunrise Samurai

I like the change to the elf wall. I notice it is cheaper now, but that works since it was made weaker overall. It can be easily destroyed in melee without the need for siege equipment, but it can get costly to do so when the attackers hurt themselves on the thorns in the process. Ranged attacks are now utterly useless against it, as they should be, and ranged attacks that hit normal armor are the way to go, just as I mentioned before. This is definitely a more unique way to defend a base than just a static wall, and will probably force players to either wait for siege equipment, back off, or take significant losses when thorn damage is added to a volley of arrows, with poison and burn included.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Hey Daniel, Any news about the elven wall that i've sent you some time ago?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes thanks for that, but i have to keep that for later since i have to make space for new graphics (and this takes very many space approx 10 unit worth), i receive too many memory errors now - and in fantasy it is quadrupled since we have 4 races not only one.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Hey Daniel, what about putting in the elven wall graphic?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

we have already the spikes, do we need anther
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

This wall can be as stronger defense,but should take 3-4 turns to bulid and be little weaker than humans version. Elves dont need that big buff now,I think.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

the "wall" it is a new look for the spikes. It isn't another unit, just a reskin.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sorry, i prefer the spiky one.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

My wall is based on the spiky bushes but it just create a more thick look
Alexander82