Structure: Orc pit (leveling up orc camp) — IMPLEMENTED (sort of)

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Structure: Orc pit (leveling up orc camp) — IMPLEMENTED (sort of)

Post by Stratego (dev) »

I saw that many of you say orcs are a bit underpowered, so i thought an idea of making those "cheap" orcs.
(cheap=in races section that is stated that orcs are a swarming race with masses of cheap but still considerable strong units)

so the idea is: all "orc camp" you build can be leveled up one by one to be "orc pit"s (or whatever name) and by leveled up it has a default -1 turncost in all units it can produce.

turncost 4
TheBluePhoenix

Re: Structure: Orc pit (leveling up orc camp)

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Its not their cost but their vulnerability to spells and lack of ranged/siege units which make them useless by far
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes. they must be like this this is why i try to make them stronger other ways.
Jqwan

Post by Jqwan »

I have to agree with blue Phoenix on this one Daniel, sorry. I think instead of this idea the monster cave idea which would allow for trolls and ettins to be produced without volcanoes would help and they desperately need faster anti archer units. I really liked my own idea of the goblin doom diver from warhammer if I say so myself. It would be a quick, flying, cheap, anti archer skirmishes unit. This would solve so many problems and allow for orcs to cover ground better. As is they get absolutely destroyed by humans and elves and even undead can just stun lock them wince they have no disenchant. I really think the Orc shamans should get disenchant or something. Huge huge disadvantage. By the nature of the game melee dependent races are just plain weaker since u can only have one unit per square and causes everything to be bottleneckd.
Jqwan

Post by Jqwan »

And yea catapults REALLY hurt orcs lol. The fodder cannon is too useless and expensive to use. It should be inaccurate but have splash damage. I would personally also give it a chance to misfire and just kill the unit being shot to represent the makeshift building capabilities of the orcs.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Orc pit is implemented.
Archived.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Archived - Orcish Units, Buildings”