XP for players IMPLEMENTED

If you have any new upgrade idea, than put it here.
It can be one of these: unit, structure, technology, effect.
Best if you can give: unit/structure icon, and unit/structure properties
And a description how you imagined the new upgrade.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: XP for players

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i planned nothing like that for xp. only a measure.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Alexander82 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:33 pm I would like a game mode where xp can actually be taken into account (e.g. one extra starting tc every 10 levels or a bonus to its factory counts dependant from level.
That would be really bad.
Experenced players have huge advantage of knowing the game better and there is not so small chance, that they have more upgrades unlocked.
Giving them another advantage is not good for newer players and the game on the whole.
Things similar to that are very commonly a reason game looses it's appeal, sometimes even to the pointof being unbearable (take any old mmo and try to get into it later on without support of old players).
Stratego (dev) wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:56 pm i planned nothing like that for xp. only a measure.
Thankfully - we have wise dev.
Age of Strategy design leader
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Endru1241 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:09 pm
Alexander82 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:33 pm I would like a game mode where xp can actually be taken into account (e.g. one extra starting tc every 10 levels or a bonus to its factory counts dependant from level.
That would be really bad.
Experenced players have huge advantage of knowing the game better and there is not so small chance, that they have more upgrades unlocked.
Giving them another advantage is not good for newer players and the game on the whole.
Things similar to that are very commonly a reason game looses it's appeal, sometimes even to the pointof being unbearable (take any old mmo and try to get into it later on without support of old players).
Stratego (dev) wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:56 pm i planned nothing like that for xp. only a measure.
Thankfully - we have wise dev.
I was suggesting another game mode. I agree with you that the main game shouldn't be affected by player levels.

About cosmetic prizes... Maybe we can give players some avatars they can unlock (those might be units images or other things).
Age of Fantasy design leader
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Alexander82 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:51 pm Maybe we can give players some avatars they can unlock (those might be units images or other things).
I like this idea. It'd be great if they would appear on chat.
However might take a lot of coding. I suggested that badges would appear on chat so we can know if he/she is an active player maybe we could do that instead.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

If levels are not lost with inactivity, I don't think it will be a good indicator of a player's activity.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

badges are lost with inactivity
xp levels will not
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

QuadrupoleStrat wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:00 pm However might take a lot of coding.
I think it wouldn't be different to implement avatars or badges. Badge images are made the same way of unit images. If @Stratego (dev) makes a space that is dedicated to badges it could also be used by unit images used as avatars.

I think that a player could choose every level a new image to use as his avatar, with stronger units locked at higher levels (e.g. in AoF for level 1 you might just choose a archer, a swordsman or a spearman as your avatar, while at highlevel you might access sub faction units, like imperials).
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

actaully, badges work totally different, and yes, it will be quite a coding to make avatar like things.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:41 pm actaully, badges work totally different, and yes, it will be quite a coding to make avatar like things.
Of course any UI implementation requires work. I just meant that implementing units images as avatars or badges as avatars would not require a different amount of coding.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sorry than i am lost - maybe i dont even uinderstand the idea lol :)
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:02 am sorry than i am lost - maybe i dont even uinderstand the idea lol :)
My idea was to provide gaming images to be used like avatars, and more of these become accessible by leveling up.

for example at level 1 might choose among the labourer and worker avatar and maybe among npc animals or civilians. Every level you can choose a new avatar that you can add to your list (you can switch between all your available avatars anytime). Every 5/10 levels you get access to a new list of avatars (for example the 2nd list might contain all basic infantry units) so you can add to your collection more and more avatars that you can change anytime.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sounds good :)
tamtam12345

Re: XP for players IMPLEMENTED

Post by tamtam12345 »

Any EXP restriction on market maps? I am not sure. :?:
@Stratego (dev)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

what do u mean?
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

I mean limiting maximum XP gained in each map.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

wait, do we get XP from market maps?
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

I tried to open a old test account(with latest GP version) & download a map in the market. Seems we can get XP from market maps.

Return to “New upgrades (unit, structure, technology, effect)”