Treasure chests (in campaign maps)

If you have any new upgrade idea, than put it here.
It can be one of these: unit, structure, technology, effect.
Best if you can give: unit/structure icon, and unit/structure properties
And a description how you imagined the new upgrade.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Treasure chests (in campaign maps)

Post by Stratego (dev) »

There is a vote on things and one is the trasure chests:
http://www.androidutils.com/forum/viewt ... 213&t=5790

here is my idea, please think and make better suggestions (my plan is to make a versatile solution, that will let us build not only gem giving chests)

idea:
- definable as neutral unit
- spec_action: IS_TREASURECHEST
- also stealth (visible only for adjacent unit)
- not steppable, but stops movement right next to it
- on click a popup comes up (only if u have adjacent unit) "Do u want to open the chest?")
- result can be any effectdef:
- an area damage effect
- an area instant buff
- a special effect giving gems to player.
- (extra: can be a list of effects that the chest randomly choses from)
- the chest should have a unique ID on a map, since replaying the map should not give again and again. (eg. at least the gem giving cases)
- extra option: there could be a possibility to give a "riddle" text on the chest and if answered correctly the chest opens.
godOfKings

Re: Treasure chests (in campaign maps)

Post by godOfKings »

Can units that see stealth spot the chest? Or is it special stealth?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:02 pm - not steppable, but stops movement right next to it
Can it be destroyed? Will it block the path of units? Will it affect path of enemy(like structure fire)?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

"Can it be destroyed? Will it block the path of units? "
depends on its json definition, by default i think it can be indestructible and yes, blocking.
the whole thing is that everything is configurable in its json, so every chest can have a unique json.
the only thing i thougt not to include in json
a) is the "riddle" that could be set on same chest types with different riddle textings and good answer setting,
b) also the rewards could be like this : you can have the same chest type but with different rewardlist set, but maybe it is enough in json in the chest type definition, not sure...
"Will it affect path of enemy(like structure fire)?"
what do u mean? interrupting an arrow? - if so than, no, it is like a normal unit nothing interrupts arrow like fireing.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

godOfKings wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:25 pm Can units that see stealth spot the chest? Or is it special stealth?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

godOfKings wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:31 pm
godOfKings wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:25 pm Can units that see stealth spot the chest? Or is it special stealth?
by default can see, but we can make new stealth that can not be seen by them.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Should it b completely random whether a map has chest or not, or should there b even slight clue for the player that yes, there is a guarantee that this map must have a hidden chest somewhere?

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Personally I think that complete randomness is too difficult to discover chest, and a minimum clue of a path divulging from the quest path (designed by map creator) that seems to serve no purpose in winning the map, should b there

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

godOfKings wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:40 pm Should it b completely random whether a map has chest or not, or should there b even slight clue for the player that yes, there is a guarantee that this map must have a hidden chest somewhere?
there are no random generated chests.
only those maps will have chest if the mapdesigner placed it as he/she wishes.

Return to “New upgrades (unit, structure, technology, effect)”