AOS Easter Egg units

If you have any new upgrade idea, than put it here.
It can be one of these: unit, structure, technology, effect.
Best if you can give: unit/structure icon, and unit/structure properties
And a description how you imagined the new upgrade.
StormSaint373

Re: Easter Egg units

Post by StormSaint373 »

As ive promised, so shall I deliver...

You want stats? Description?

Pulled the shield from back to arm.
Attachments
StormSaint373.png
StormSaint373.png (1.1 KiB) Viewed 3718 times
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

@Endru1241 , how does one acquire an Easter Egg unit?

I still havent found Stratego.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

It's not in.
I haven't put anyone yet.

Easter eggs hints (shopitems) will be put on the bottom of the column. The text will give some sort of riddle/hint about what map should be played to obtain it. On the map some sort of visible message (simplest - on the start) should be displayed with hint/riddle what to do to get easter egg. Specific trigger will unlock it.

Stats - I'll balance myself, but one can give overall theme - what direction should stats be balanced towards. It should always be dependent on others though, so best idea is buffs/nerfs, e.g. by some sort of aura. It would be best to fit theme to real forum or game attitude.

As for map and exact placement, as well as hints/riddles propositions - pm me or even better, write through email.
Age of Strategy design leader
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Or a new campaign with all easter egg available maps. But too tricky triggers. Or assigning new easter eggs to respective maps designed by them.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Understood...

Guess I'll need to look for Stratego's map.

As for Storm-Saint...

Speaking from a player's stamd point...

Favored abilities are convert and heal
I make use of Religious units/auras/abilities

I also favor using Nords... Despite their cost... Their versitiliy and specific niches cannot be overlooked.

Description: Clad in Plate and chain, StormSaint Leads his troops from the fore. A beacon unto those who share the faith... He employs an effective arsenal that many would be reluctamt to close with. He can convert enemies, amd heal allies. He is also good with his broadsword... Forged by battle and blessed by Stratego, and Endru. He has forged alliances with the northmen. After such a huge-scaled campaign, he has been forging his destiny. With such an army... He leads an inquisition. A "Tempest" that shall sweep over the land... For weal or woe...

(Think maybe a templar/Teuton)
Decent fighting capabilities, not best... But good.
Can convert and heal
Maybe an aura that affects Nords and religious...
Divine fervor: provides SR and armor? (A mere suggestion)

As for campaign... Ive been working on one, perhaps it'll do?
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

StormSaint373 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:04 pm
As for Storm-Saint...

Speaking from a player's stamd point...

Favored abilities are convert and heal
I make use of Religious units/auras/abilities

I also favor using Nords... Despite their cost... Their versitiliy and specific niches cannot be overlooked.

Description: Clad in Plate and chain, StormSaint Leads his troops from the fore. A beacon unto those who share the faith... He employs an effective arsenal that many would be reluctamt to close with. He can convert enemies, amd heal allies. He is also good with his broadsword... Forged by battle and blessed by Stratego, and Endru. He has forged alliances with the northmen. After such a huge-scaled campaign, he has been forging his destiny. With such an army... He leads an inquisition. A "Tempest" that shall sweep over the land... For weal or woe...

(Think maybe a templar/Teuton)
Decent fighting capabilities, not best... But good.
Can convert and heal
Maybe an aura that affects Nords and religious...
Divine fervor: provides SR and armor? (A mere suggestion)

As for campaign... Ive been working on one, perhaps it'll do?
Placement on own campaign or one, that on contributed to - sure it fits perfectly - let's discuss details on email.
As for stats - I think conversion would have to be removed, but increasing conversion chance can be used.
So healing and either more powerful version of divine right or additional aura/ability would work. Fervor/high morale are a little too universal. Ii think abilities should focus on some categories only (well, with stratego as exclusion).
Do you have an idea for some unique weaknesses?
Maybe stormsaint unit would get faith armor (in the meaning, that most units would be reluctant to attack him), I don't know though what units would get bonus against that.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

He is foot unit thus cavalry should have bonus normally.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

I'd say along with cavalry...

Storm Saint would be weak against those who have no loyalty or use under-handed methods of combat

So mercineries and poison wielding units would have bonuses vs Storm Saint.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Oh, im able to pick my own unit counters?
Very cool.

All Nordic units has a balanced dmg bonus against QuadrupoleStrat, please.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

I really dont know were are these units
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Morningwarrior wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:44 am I really dont know were are these units
Me too.
The most probable explanation is that they were not put in game yet, which btw is always announced in version log.
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Should the ee solving riddle trigger has to be in a map designed by the respective player represented by the unit?
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Hyuhjhih wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:23 pm Should the ee solving riddle trigger has to be in a map designed by the respective player represented by the unit?
It doesn't.
Some of selected contributors never did any maps.
The riddle will show the way (once it's all implemented).
But at my recent speed there can be another important contributor coming along before I'll manage to add current propositions.
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Endru1241 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:47 pm
Hyuhjhih wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:23 pm Should the ee solving riddle trigger has to be in a map designed by the respective player represented by the unit?
It doesn't.
Some of selected contributors never did any maps.
The riddle will show the way (once it's all implemented).
But at my recent speed there can be another important contributor coming along before I'll manage to add current propositions.
this is the secret units are not hidden but protected within the game files, in a very dark and gloomy part.
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Game files?
No that wouldn't be enough protection.
Currently they are so inaccessible, that they only reside in this topic and my mind.
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

Btw, one weeks before AoS chat were very hillarious about "another ee" hints that some folks found in various older maps in game.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Did anyone read Fantastic Mr Fox as a kid? (Or even as an adult :) ) The way it ended, with the three farmers on an endless stake-out, with the words "...and as far as we know, they are still waiting."

Well, in our case, as far as we know, he is still looking :lol:

Still, at least people like that highlight how friendly and decent the rest of the AoS family is :)
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
Shark guy 35

Post by Shark guy 35 »

phoenixffyrnig wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:09 pm Did anyone read Fantastic Mr Fox as a kid? (Or even as an adult :) ) The way it ended, with the three farmers on an endless stake-out, with the words "...and as far as we know, they are still waiting."

Well, in our case, as far as we know, he is still looking :lol:

Still, at least people like that highlight how friendly and decent the rest of the AoS family is :)
I love that book. Mr. Dahl is a great author, I have quite a number of his books.
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week".
-General George S. Patton
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

I'll probably change my sprite. To something.

Edit: Nevermind.
Last edited by Badnorth on Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Last edited by Badnorth on Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Last edited by Badnorth on Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I like my image very much

I have edited it into a GENERAL now 8-)

Low armor, high hp, high dmg, bonus against infantry, cav and elephants, weak to spears, offensive buff to allied infantry and cavalry
Last edited by godOfKings on Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

The God of Kings had risen to power by believing in only one motto: slaughter the foundation and the pillar will topple. And the best way to carry out his motto is to run like crazy and dodge every barrier and wall in his path until the only thing standing in-front of him are the weak peasants and builders of the enemies.
Follow him and he will teach your army how to apply his motto in the real life art of war.

Cost 4
Hp 30
Atk 16
Armor 4/1
Speed 5
Category: medium cavalry

Bonus:
Siege machine, Heavy foot melee, Mounted:
25% 20
Heavy Mounted:
50% 24
Siegemachine armored:
200% 48
Elephant:
250% 56

Ability (applies to: foot melee, mounted,
doesn't apply to: pole arm wielders, heavy foot melee, shield bearers, elephant, heavy mounted, mounted slow)

Take the Helm
Aura
When God of Kings begins the charge, he sets the standard for his army's capability. Thus his army gets pumped with chicken blood and rushes to keep up with his pace. With enough men and momentum, God of Kings will become unstoppable and slaughter through his path.

Allied melee infantry and cavalry in a 3 tile area gets
Atk +5
Armor +1/+1
Speed +1

GoK's Order
Buff Spell
Sometimes there will be some enemies in strategic positions who your opponent will depend on to stop your charge, the God of Kings can assign one of your units with the mission to separately strike that enemy down even if it means running into the devil's mouth. All for victory!

Targeted allied melee infantry/ cavalry at 3 tile range gets
Atk +5
Speed +1
Lasts 2 turns
Cooldown 3 turns
Attachments
unit_ee_godOfKings_horse.png
unit_ee_godOfKings_horse.png (2.16 KiB) Viewed 3081 times
Last edited by godOfKings on Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:49 pm, edited 29 times in total.
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

godOfKings wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:16 am Buff
Leadership aura
Allied infantry and cavalry in a 6 tile range gets
Atk +8
Armor +1/+1
Speed +2
This is deadly bad imho.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

So u think coolguy giving +2 range to siege units is NOT bad? My hero only buffs melee units and doesnt give much armor buff so its not impossible to kill my other units

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

The generals order is ok with cd 3 last 2 so only 1 can be buffed at a time. But this one is mentioned as a passive effect aura, that simultaneously buff all units in range. With +8 attack and +2 speed, even a basic swordsman can run and heavily demolish a fortress ( a hoplite or huscarl in range is a nightmare) and 7 speed cavalry can cut through most armies and wreck havoc valuable sieges. Considering coolguy, it has already gone through some unwanted buffing ( just because cg is outpowered without another ee to compare with). And the coolguy is pretty useful as an early tank and a late siege modifier. Yep the +2 range of siege( esp trebs) was bad , but it was fragile enough to get down in an efficient hit. And the castles mid game could also get a long treb shot and with severe mend bonus to patch a hit or two.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

The thing about aura is that if a unit leaves the aura range he will no longer get the damage buff, so for ur swordsman to wreak havoc on the fortress u need to bring hero near enemy defense where he is at more risk of dying
Also due to 3 turn cooldown he will still only b able to apply buff to one unit at a time so lasts 3 turn is ok

Meanwhile as coolguy buffs sieges so he stay behind where it is harder for enemies to reach him

EDIT: I have made him into a horseman so he is also weak to spearman now

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

The funny thing is i already got the perfect riddle to unlock my hero in the campaign i am making (The Rebel King)
Last edited by godOfKings on Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Squirrel5555

Post by Squirrel5555 »

I think this unit is insanely good :lol:
Most officer units give like +1 power and armour and only to a specific unit type.

And this dude has +1 to both armour types, +8 ATTACK (that is even more crazy when bonuses are considered), and the +2 speed on its own is :!: :!: :!: Also it gives it to both cavalry and infantry...

And in top of that a targeted buff aswell :lol: I'm starting to believe a swordsmen buffed by all of this would one shot a castle and traverse half the map too.

I know this is a special unit but they shouldnt be balanced off of CoolGuy who was insanely powerful unless you want these only available in fun unit games.
AOD Team - Join Us!
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

They r Legendary easter egg units, u can only make 1 of them during the game, plus its not an op unkillable unit, so since u know its buff is so dangerous then obviously u would try to kill it first

And the plus 10 atk bonus is only applicable if the hero is near the buffed unit, we have camel fear, demoralise and throw nets that give -5 to -6 atk so it can offset those situations

Aura buff atk changed to +5

Return to “New upgrades (unit, structure, technology, effect)”