AOS Easter Egg units

If you have any new upgrade idea, than put it here.
It can be one of these: unit, structure, technology, effect.
Best if you can give: unit/structure icon, and unit/structure properties
And a description how you imagined the new upgrade.
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Re: AOS Easter Egg units

Post by Hyuhjhih »

This is the part where i discarded it.
Ah.... don't judge, it is only the layout. And dont mind what he have in his hand. 👇🏽😉

Since i had spend too much for its 3D look, it might look creepy.
Attachments
Odin By Hyuhjhih Sigma 9.png
Odin By Hyuhjhih Sigma 9.png (1.99 KiB) Viewed 1878 times
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

I'm not really fond of Front-facing units. But i guess i'll give it a bunch of changes. Perhaps if i gave it a more savage look i would use it as a Easter Egg unit.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Actually i think i'll just draw a new one. Maybe with a more fantasy design. Not now but later.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

The edited one btw. Can be a primitive Warchief of something in AoS.
Attachments
fuahfaegjiheguh.png
fuahfaegjiheguh.png (1.67 KiB) Viewed 1875 times
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Wow cool. And he still carry his cool 👇🏽 :lol:
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

I don't know why i'm trying so hard in this freaking Easter Egg unit. I guess the next one i make is last now.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

BadNorth
Description:
A Guy with his hand-made double-barreled shotgun. A Fighter unit that will provide support till it get's out of use. Has 2 Actions and a Moderate attack, Low Range, Melee Damage and a high armor count. Recommended usage is Early - Mid game. This unit can provide support using his unique aura called "Guns and Glory" which increases the combat capabilities of other gunman units.
Stats:
Cost: 4
Hitpoints: 22
Damage: 10
Power Range: 1 (50%)
Speed: 3
Armor: 8/10
Range: 2
Actions: 2
Sight: 5
Mental Resistance: 100%
Abilities:
Guns and Glory (Aura) -
Gives +2 Attack,+1/1 Armor and +1 Range to nearby allied Gunman units. Aura Range: 2.

Categories:
Gunman, Foot, Very Agile Defence.

Inconvertible, Legendary, Movement costs an Action, Same counters as CoolGuy.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

unit_ee_badnorth.png
unit_ee_badnorth.png (707 Bytes) Viewed 1817 times
indicator_guns_and_glory.png
indicator_guns_and_glory.png (222 Bytes) Viewed 1817 times
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Is this acceptable @Endru1241?

BadNorth Pros and Cons.

Pros:
High Damage per turn
Aoe Attacks
High Armor
Guns and Glory Aura
Melee Damage

Cons:
Movement costs an action
Low Ranged Unit
Easter Egg Unit
Legendary Unit
Cannot Occupy Structures
Lower Health
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Now thats called an above decent stats deal.
The gun metal part(the shotgun barrel) need a little more shine so it gets more distinguishable from the "badnorth"

Thats it, it's perfect
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Lightened Shotgun Barrel and Changed a couple of Stuff (Pants and Briefcase).

Image is inspired by Graves from League. A Shotgunner Champion.
Nickname "BadNorth" is a 20's (Or possibly 30's) Man wearing a Gray Coat, Navy Blue Shirt, Team Colored Pants, A Red Mask and Navy Blue Boots. Has a Briefcase beside it storing Ammo and other stuff and uses a Hand-made Double-Barreled Shotgun (In the AoS World he was the first one to make it).
Attachments
unit_ee_badnorth.png
unit_ee_badnorth.png (720 Bytes) Viewed 1793 times
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Changed the mask to another color.
Attachments
unit_ee_badnorth.png
unit_ee_badnorth.png (722 Bytes) Viewed 1777 times
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

It really needs the mask? Ah! The fine💸....
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

I find masked or helmeted unit sprites good-looking. Gives off a Rogue, Mercenary or Knightly feel depending on the Headgear. The Sprite i've made has the looks to represent a Hired-Mercenary, so i made a mask to conceal half of it's face.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i just learnt that MTG changed legenday rule, so maybe we can too :)

so easter eggs should be set to UNIQUE instead of LEGENDARY (so all players can have 1-1 units from them in same game)
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Btw i m still not clear on how to put an easter egg unit in game or how to make a campaign trigger to make the unit available
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

easter egges should run tru me, so ask me if u want any to be in - thanks!
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Well - they need to have jsons and some abilities first.

I have been delaying putting Easter egg units for other things quite some time already.
Maybe I'll finally start with them after finishing help file changes.
But no promises.
I have enough experience to not give them off so easily if I know how much work is needed.
Age of Strategy design leader
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Oh, so CoolGuy will actually get a tiny bit less op now by the fact that you can throw another one back? XD

Also adding some more (like one for Stratego and one for Endru) would be nice, maybe making a player only able to choose one of them, and each having a focus on different stuff (like CoolGuy is focused on siege, for example)

...also should they be balanced units, or just for fun? We (as in a lot of the, if not most, currently active veteran players) usually agree on not using CoolGuy in multiplayer because otherwise the matches get really one-sided in favour of whoever has those 13 range trebs lol
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Reviving this topic cuz i liked the puzzle to unlock coolguy and also the puzzle to unlock myself is also ready, with many changes made and also nerfed a lot @Endru1241

Description: This is God of kings, a great general under the heavens! After retirement of the first design leader, he became the next design leader of AOS. He has only a few counters (ranger, spy, scout dog, laborer, battering rams, pole-arm wielders)

Inconvertible
Unique unit

Categories: Melee, Flesh and blood, Agile defense, Mounted
Cost: 4
Hp: 30
Atk: 10
Armor: 5/5
Speed: 5
Sight: 5
Action: 1
Builder: tc and fortified tc

Aura: Great General's Charge
Aura on allies
Description: All units follow the lead of the great general and charge forward!

Aura range: 3
Effect on target:
Power: +5
Mental resistance: 100%
Heal affect: + 100%
Categories: Culture Neutral AND Melee AND (Light Cavalry OR Medium Cavalry OR Chariot OR Light Infantry OR Medium Infantry) EXCEPT Pole-arm Wielders, Mercenaries

Speed: +1
Categories: Culture Neutral AND Melee AND (Light Infantry OR Medium Infantry) EXCEPT Pole-arm Wielders, Mercenaries

Spell
Wedge formation strike
Targets enemies
Description: Great general uses a tactical formation to drive deep through enemy formation with momentum, dealing heavy damage
Spell range: 1
Cooldown: 2 turns
Effect on target:
-20 hp (deflected by armor)
Power range: 1
Power range dmg: 75%
Categories: Flesh and blood, construct
Attachments
spell_ee_gok_wedge_form_strike.png
spell_ee_gok_wedge_form_strike.png (1.35 KiB) Viewed 510 times
spell_wedge_formation_strike .png
spell_wedge_formation_strike .png (1.25 KiB) Viewed 518 times
aura_great_general_charge_effect.png
aura_great_general_charge_effect.png (334 Bytes) Viewed 545 times
aura_great_general_charge.png
aura_great_general_charge.png (303 Bytes) Viewed 545 times
unit_ee_godOfKings_horse.png
unit_ee_godOfKings_horse.png (2.16 KiB) Viewed 545 times
Last edited by godOfKings on Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:43 am, edited 8 times in total.
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

The active ability is not OK.
At least description.
An attack from single person, that damages whole unit and also adjacent units?
So in some scenarios - even over 1000 people?

Martial arts fantasy.

As this is a unit - it's obvious the guys in the center (and what image would commonly show) must be accompanied by some soldiers.
So it needs to be explained in tactical way.
Age of Strategy design leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

After discussing with endru i added a more realistic spell, although its not my greatest art work XD

b2198

Post by b2198 »

With this, a player will be able to train both CoolGuy and GoK? I have heavy concerns about that :sweat_smile:

Is there a way to have a "legendary category", in such a way that you can only have 1 unit from that category trained at any given time? Or maybe some sort of a "shared legendary" spec that applies for all units that have it at once?

Also... since we're adding more of these units, I'm gonna copy-and-paste my argument from a month and a half ago in Discord on why I really think CoolGuy (and similarly now, GoK too, to a smaller degree) should be nerfed and the suggestions I gave there:

"If it's allowed in a match, it becomes mandatory to make it or you lose, because the absurdly high buffs it gives to siege weaponry paired with the fact that it only costs 4 turns to make another one if it dies and you can train it in any TC means whoever doesn't have one will be at an extreme disadvantage, so all strategies in that match will need to revolve around the CoolGuy.

It's like the inquisitor situation from a few months ago (or the zerk situation from a few years ago), but way worse."

"Probably some combination of these (or some of these) ideas would be a good way to solve this issue:
  1. Increase its cost significantly (think 10 or more), so that it's not more cost efficient to make a CoolGuy than to counter it (and it might still be, arguably, because 2 rangers +1 wagon = 12 turns, and any of the other counters will get turned to dust before getting in range)
  2. Make it less easily available, maybe only in a dedicated building for this type of special units?
    2.1 and then maybe add a unit for you (stratego) and Endru too, each with different focuses, and allowing players to have only one of the 3 at a time? (not sure if that's currently possible)
  3. Decrease the strength of its aura (especially the +2 range part, as that is VEERY strong when the thing it affects already has 8-11 range, which usually is the case)"
Edit for 2.1: and now we have one for GoK (which I TOTALLY didn't forget to include there back then... sorry...). I still think having more than 1 unit of this type would need that restriction of only being able to have one of them at a time to be balanced though.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

b2198 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:10 am With this, a player will be able to train both CoolGuy and GoK? I have heavy concerns about that :sweat_smile:

Is there a way to have a "legendary category", in such a way that you can only have 1 unit from that category trained at any given time? Or maybe some sort of a "shared legendary" spec that applies for all units that have it at once?

Also... since we're adding more of these units, I'm gonna copy-and-paste my argument from a month and a half ago in Discord on why I really think CoolGuy (and similarly now, GoK too, to a smaller degree) should be nerfed and the suggestions I gave there:

"If it's allowed in a match, it becomes mandatory to make it or you lose, because the absurdly high buffs it gives to siege weaponry paired with the fact that it only costs 4 turns to make another one if it dies and you can train it in any TC means whoever doesn't have one will be at an extreme disadvantage, so all strategies in that match will need to revolve around the CoolGuy.

It's like the inquisitor situation from a few months ago (or the zerk situation from a few years ago), but way worse."

"Probably some combination of these (or some of these) ideas would be a good way to solve this issue:
  1. Increase its cost significantly (think 10 or more), so that it's not more cost efficient to make a CoolGuy than to counter it (and it might still be, arguably, because 2 rangers +1 wagon = 12 turns, and any of the other counters will get turned to dust before getting in range)
  2. Make it less easily available, maybe only in a dedicated building for this type of special units?
    2.1 and then maybe add a unit for you (stratego) and Endru too, each with different focuses, and allowing players to have only one of the 3 at a time? (not sure if that's currently possible)
  3. Decrease the strength of its aura (especially the +2 range part, as that is VEERY strong when the thing it affects already has 8-11 range, which usually is the case)"
Edit for 2.1: and now we have one for GoK (which I TOTALLY didn't forget to include there back then... sorry...). I still think having more than 1 unit of this type would need that restriction of only being able to have one of them at a time to be balanced though.
yes, any new easter egg should be balanced that they are not op. -> if we suceed -> no need change Legendary rule
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

For multiplayer games, i think they can b like the ultimate legendary hero unit, every player can make any one of the available ee units for him, every ee unit can b used only once, after he dies make the next one,

Can a feature b made like after an ee unit is made it is removed from production and other ee units r disabled until he dies?

Also can aura have feature like spells that they cannot b applied when garrisoned? Unit has to b ungarrisoned to use aura so he can b exposed?

At the very least i think there should b a big drawback for losing ee unit so i prefer each being made only once in the game

Another thought i suddenly got, since coolguy gives range buff he should also get counter from a ranged unit, so may b skirmisher? Or slinger? Or may b fire archer to b more unique counter? Wait now that i remember, he already gets countered by ranger right?

Ok forget range, may b we can make it that coolguy cannot use any carrier except unpacked ram? It would make sense with his siege boosting ability

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Personally rather than the unit itself i like more the idea of doing the puzzle and the sense of achievement and satisfaction player will feel for having the superior iq to unlock the unit

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Regarding aura specifically:
I asked stratego about this already but for normal leader units of aof.
He said that for now auras are quite vague things and he can't modify their way of working for now.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

We can do the next best thing, since wats really op about coolguy is the +2 range on treb, we can nerf that part instead

My suggestion, remove range increase from aura, only give the other +5 atk and mending bonus to ranged siege units

Make a separate 1 range increase spell, something like advanced siege modification works that improves affected siege unit

Spell range will b 1
Cooldown 2 turns
Cannot b casted while garrisoned
Spell lasts only 1 turn, so basically for that turn only ranged siege unit has +1 range and coolguy cannot use spell next turn

So only one treb can only get 12 maxed range, and that too every 2 turns instead of every turn

As for gok hero, i believe i reduced the number of categories that could b affected to mainly, light and medium infantry and cavalry, so i should add it above too i guess, should i also reduce it to culture neutral units only? That would b more appropriate since there aint many culture neutral units that can actually reach op stats like double action winged hussar

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

There i changed the categories now it should b pretty balanced without any of the units that can get op stats to b able to further benefit from this hero, also added mercenaries as exception

i think with this both heroes r pretty balanced and even if spammed a lot they shouldnt do too big op things in actual mp games, so just with currently being unique they can still b playable, wat do u think @b2198 @Endru1241

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Also b2 idea of a separate hero making building kinda like wc3 for making easter egg heroes could also work, along with turn cost changes to balance them, the building itself could also b unique for player so player can build only once, does unique attribute work for building same way it works for producing units?

Infact, the building itself could also b an easter egg unit lol, may b hidden in one of the tutorial maps, with no initial clue whatsoever, or the clue is, All first time players have crossed path with this unique building, those who have open eyes will notice it.

Ofcourse this idea will still have to b put on hold for now

Return to “New upgrades (unit, structure, technology, effect)”