Personalizing campaigns

Put here any ideas, suggestions about existing maps, or new maps.
Shark guy 35

Personalizing campaigns

Post by Shark guy 35 »

I recently played the delight-gorgon campaign, and I though it was really well made. I also got an idea: What if you could make choices to influence the campaign? I'm going to use the delight-gorgon campaign as an example. Warning: It will contain spoilers, if you haven't played this campaign, I recommend you do, and then come back. So, in the final mission, the archer convinces your troops to march against you. What if, by using triggers, you would be forced to make a decision if you would stay with your troops or go with the guys that came?. Depending on which choice you make, the next map will be different. It shouldn't be too hard to code, and I think it will be a very nice feature.
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week".
-General George S. Patton
Midonik

Re: Personalizing campaigns

Post by Midonik »

The person using map editor can use triggers to set something like that up. Like, if you move your unit it disables one line of triggers and enables the other or smt. If you expect an dialog box, it would require coding.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Re: Personalizing campaigns

Post by Hyuhjhih »

I think he meant controlling AI units like simple commands.( Like mcod , mlog and we can call it agelog) But i am sure this would definitely be a headache for Daniel (if he will ever consider this), ➕ the command part of the ME would be hard stuff for those who dont know it well.

And , it would be a cool addition in game.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC

Return to “Maps, campaigns”