Civilians

DreJaDe

Civilians

Post by DreJaDe »

Civilians
(no upgrade unit)
Cost: 2
An intermediary between engineer and rifleman in the no upgrade game. Cant fight, can't build any war buildings but can build defensive and logistics one like roads or trenches.

HP:5
Atk: 0
No arm
Speed: 3
Sight: 3

Cant take tc

Mend rate: 10
Higher than rifleman, lower than engineer.

Can build
-roads
-train tracks
-trench
-concrete bunkers
-bunkers

Its cause in no upgrade, factories really cost a lot. 9 turns for 1 factory? I do think its fine to take longer but not that long. A builder that can help them making them will be nice.

What do you think?
@Jasondunkel
@Stratego (dev)
@TntAttack
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Civilians

Post by Stratego (dev) »

or we can give bigger construction bonus to factories - so not 9 but 5-6 turns to build.
TntAttack

Post by TntAttack »

I did a quick search and all nations and with the exception of USA and UK and France, all nations used forced labourers for construction and building.

It might be more appropriate to call them Forced Labourers for the all other nations that did have it.

I am fine with the stats provided, but I do want the focus to be not just "non upgradable" matches but all matches.

What do you think of giving civilians the ability to speed up production by 1, at the cost of themselves?
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

TntAttack wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:34 pm.
It might be more appropriate to call them Forced Labourers for the all other nations that did have it.
All used Civilians in construction before forced labor so I don't see the need to make another different type. Besides, they are meant to have better mend rate than rifleman so it makes much more sense for normal civilians to do this rather than forced laborers.
TntAttack wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:34 pm I am fine with the stats provided, but I do want the focus to be not just "non upgradable" matches but all matches.
That's automatically the case.
TntAttack wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:34 pm What do you think of giving civilians the ability to speed up production by 1, at the cost of themselves?
I want them as construction worker so having to always click on "stop" movement wherever they enter a factory would just make it harder to use.
Stratego (dev) wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:26 pm we can give bigger construction bonus to factories - so not 9 but 5-6 turns to build.
If this is done then what happens to engineers?

Also, I'm quite fine with current Rifleman versatility.
TntAttack

Post by TntAttack »

DreJaDe wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:48 pm
I want them as construction worker so having to always click on "stop" movement wherever they enter a factory would just make it harder to use.
Stratego. Is there anyway to add toggle button on "speed up production units" so that players don't have to "stop" construction to prevent accident "consumers unit to speed up factory"?

Or perhaps consider swapping the current "speedup production" mechanic with the money courier mechanic from AoS, where he uses an ability to speed up production.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

TntAttack wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:13 pm Or perhaps consider swapping the current "speedup production" mechanic with the money courier mechanic from AoS, where he uses an ability to speed up production.
They use both on the same unit and btw, do you really want this?

This might just make the unit cost 3 while being worse than speed up trucks in speeding up production.

Return to “Infantry (last cleanup: 20240130)”