Comprehensive Training Regimen (roman)

DreJaDe

Comprehensive Training Regimen (roman)

Post by DreJaDe »

A tech that would decrease (-5/-6 turn) to promotion per turn time of the hatati line only inside their MEGA BUILDING.

Cost- 4 turns
Castra exclusive tech

Maybe can be divided into two techs?
So 4 turn and another 4 turn tech. Each will decrease their promotion time by 3 turns each turn inside the mega building.

I think this can be a good scaling system for them as the game progresses since you can never spam then enough but I think you can make them better as time goes on.

I will assume that it will be so much useful cause players can probably train 3 at once or maybe more because of the carts but that might only happen in big maps since hastati line is a roman barracks exclusive.
Sombrar +1

Re: Comprehensive Training Regimen (roman)

Post by Sombrar +1 »

So it would kind of work like two auras that the Castrum Romano applies to itself where the hastati for each of these technologies researched for each turn that stays inside the Castrum Romano will decrease -3 turns of the promotion effect?I like alternative ways to speed up the process of improving the hastati because as the most basic infantry of the Romans it should become more accessible or get better faster than the Roman legionary at least in the early to mid game.

If the mechanics can't be done, perhaps just give the Roman castrum a skill with type 3 range that can reduce the hastati promotion time.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I wouldnt want them to have too many easy time to upgrade, swordsman line need 12 turns to upgrade to man at arms, it will depend on how many turns the roman techs cost to determine how easy it should b to speed up hastati promotion
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Sombrar +1 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:35 pm If the mechanics can't be done
I do think its quite possible.

Delaying time is already possible, and I believe decreasing promotion time already exist in AOF as a skill only though I think.
godOfKings wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:07 pm it will depend on how many turns the roman techs
Its a hard to get tech since it will be a Castra exclusive tech plus they need to be inside castra to work.

Later in game, hastati will have a hard time to fight against later troops so I think it would be nice that as time goes on, they will much easier time to upgrade.

It will be like 2 turns on actual training + more turns for promotion... It will be kinda turning them into more costly knights still.

Return to “Techs”