Fungal reforestation

Sombrar +1

Fungal reforestation

Post by Sombrar +1 »

Good morning, I would like to post here an idea of ​​technology for the myconids, the technology will allow all 2-cost infantry and perhaps even 3 of the myconids to be able to build more basic myconid structures such as their mine and barrier version that will be researched in the mycelium farm for 5~7 turns
tech_fungal_reforestation .png
tech_fungal_reforestation .png (3.99 KiB) Viewed 224 times
Description: With advances in research and a greater amount of resources, myconids began to develop spores and structures that were cheaper and easier to build, speeding up the process of terraforming the surrounding environment, providing more suitable places for their survival, thus, myconid soldiers receive knowledge and spores capable of quickly propagating throughout the environment environment while being easy to cultivate.
estructure_pockets_spores  (1).png
estructure_pockets_spores (1).png (1.58 KiB) Viewed 224 times
This will be a version of landmines for the myconids with the following statistics:

Hp -> 15
Attack -> 10 fixed damage
Armor against physical and energy attacks -> 3/1
Vision -> 1
Area of ​​effect -> 1

It will have the toxin effect and explode, affecting everything within 1 square of him, as well as he will have an ability that every 4~6 turns within 2~3 squares of him he will be able to instantly generate another one just like it, thus spreading around the surrounding area, with the following description: Large pockets of spores are cultivated in the soil by removing all surrounding vegetation, expelling large quantities of spores into the air, slowly modifying the environment and air with their spores,such pockets can reach up to 1 meter in height, storing large quantities of spores within themselves that explode at the slightest impact, leaving the surrounding area very difficult to breathe and toxic due to the different types of spores released.
estructure_myconid_germinator .png
estructure_myconid_germinator .png (2.57 KiB) Viewed 224 times
And this will be like a barrier for the myconids, having the following statistics:

Hp -> 45
Attack -> 5
Armor against physical and energy attacks -> 5/2
Vision -> 4

It will have a 1 range effect that will cause poison -2 movement slow, with its special ability being able to just build another one of itself in a barrier-like manner. of thorns from the Age of Fantasy elves, thus being a very useful defense for the myconids, having the following description: As the battles progressed, the myconids began to suffer more and more against enemies with heavy weapons and having their structures destroyed in attacks and bombardments, so as a way to protect their buildings, they developed these huge twins capable of building others of them alone, offering solid and self-sufficient protection, making it difficult for people to pass through invaders through their territory, expelling small poisonous spores and using their roots to slow down enemies attacking them from beneath the ground.
Midonik

Re: Fungal reforestation

Post by Midonik »

We already have ideas for a barrier and mines in the Units section. I dont think I could mod in a tech that gives units the ability to build stuff, unless you know of such a tech in some other ao game. Summoning ability instead would be possible.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

In fact, the technology would only block these two buildings for the myconids 2 cost infantry, they would already have the option to build these two structures but you would have to research these this technology to allow the infantry to build it, just as a blockade.

So the idea of ​​the myconid mine generating other mines through an ability with a long cooldown is acceptable? And the barrier being able to build another barrier is also useful?Perhaps the idea of ​​the Myconid Germinator could be considered as a more expensive barrier where myconid units would be able to enter it to heal a little more while having 1 space of capacity?

In fact, it was my lack of attention and I forgot to look as I already had an idea for a barrier and an image for the myconids, but perhaps the idea of ​​technology to block these two constructions for the infantry can it be of use?
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Sombrar +1 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:41 pm In fact, the technology would only block these two buildings for the myconids 2 cost infantry, they would already have the option to build these two structures but you would have to research these this technology to allow the infantry to build it, just as a blockade.
That could work I guess, although then those structures will be locked by the tech for other units as well. So the buildings would need to be unique to the 2 cost infantry imo. I dont really want to add even more structures to myconids than what is already suggested (since there is plenty). Another thing about combat units building stuff is that they can spend their action to create a 1 hp barrier from a not fully constructed building (see AoWw) which I dont like.
Sombrar +1 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:41 pm So the idea of ​​the myconid mine generating other mines through an ability with a long cooldown is acceptable? And the barrier being able to build another barrier is also useful?Perhaps the idea of ​​the Myconid Germinator could be considered as a more expensive barrier where myconid units would be able to enter it to heal a little more while having 1 space of capacity?
The barrier being able to build other barriers is actually planned. I dont know about mines doing that too though.
Again, myconid have a ton of buildings, although I dont think they have a bunker style building like what you suggest at the end so maybe that can be added. There is a building called a sporulator though, I feel like the names kinda overlap.

Before you suggested the buildings having some debuff aura, I think? Maybe that can be something unlocked by tech.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

I thought it might be an idea to add some common debuff auras to some myconid builds, like divided into two levels, for example one giving an aura of 1 range of poison for some buildings and the second level maybe aura with acid or toxin? It would be an idea to take advantage of the various structure options that myconids will have.

Now as there is already an image for a barrier that had already been posted before, if it is considered I thought that the weakest barrier could be built by the infantry and the strongest by the common builders of myconids if the idea is accepted.

Return to “Myconids”