Zombie raise rework idea

Pedro constitute

Zombie raise rework idea

Post by Pedro constitute »

Hello again dev!
Oct 18, 2023
Wanted to create a second post today, it's about the zombie units, generally there is a serious bug with regards to zombie units, if say your zombie units poisons an enemy unit and in the next turn they kill that enemy unit that unit becomes a zombie unit and is converted into your side, however the bugs with zombie units switching side is buggy since in theory the game is applying the rule of "is the unit poison" "if so is it by the zombie" "and if so which factions owns it", probably the glitch occurs since raising the dead unit as a zombie similar to the liches (necromancer and others) ability to "raise the dead" which when raising the dead converts corpses and places your units down, however the zombie unit in question is converted at the same time.

I am probably making a dumb comment so regard this as disposable, but in a little idea, could we give the zombie units the (individual units) all the ability to "raise one zombie" (treated as a spell or skill) with the corpse determining the class of zombie similar to the cemetery reapers except have them only a range of 1 block. It might make the process streamline.
makazuwr32

Re: Zombie raise rework idea

Post by makazuwr32 »

1. Few updates later, after we will be done with buildings update, we will be working on multiple bug fixing (if that is possible).
2. As for this idea — it is similar to idea we have in mind already for zombie apocalypse later (alas it will have its own limits). Will not spoiler here more but i must mention that this idea requires fixing current bug with zombie raising.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

makazuwr32 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:10 pm 1. Few updates later, after we will be done with buildings update, we will be working on multiple bug fixing (if that is possible).
2. As for this idea — it is similar to idea we have in mind already for zombie apocalypse later (alas it will have its own limits). Will not spoiler here more but i must mention that this idea requires fixing current bug with zombie raising.
remark: i suggest this zombie bug BEFORE any buildings update.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

There are multiple problems with testing this bug, especially with time.

Buildings update is a bit easier to work for me for now.

This bug will be next one (especially since we need to fix multiple engine bugs one of which is this zombie bug).
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

it is ok for me if anyone else can volunteer testing - but i dont want to postpone this bug for more months...
i also would hate it playing undead and buffing the enemy...
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

If someone else can help with play testing 5hose bugs than sure it can be worked earlier.

But personally i would be free to play test them only in December.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Lucifer

Post by Lucifer »

I can help with playtesting it. I'll message you on discord about it.
Disclaimer: I do not know how to exactly replicate it. I'm only offering to help try random ideas in multiplayer and hopefully we eventually see it.
Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

thanks!

maybe mak can tell us how to replicate.

Return to “Balancing discussions”