New Handgonner unit Upgrades. Arquebusier and Musketman. ANSWERED

TheOrder971

New Handgonner unit Upgrades. Arquebusier and Musketman. ANSWERED

Post by TheOrder971 »

New Upgrades for Handgonner A.K.A Hand Cannon.

- 2nd upgrade: Arquebusier Upgrades from handgonner
Arquebusier:
An arquebusier was a skilled infantryman armed with an arquebus, a primitive firearm from the 15th to 17th centuries. These early musketeers played a crucial role in the evolution of firearms and warfare. Arquebuses were heavy, muzzle-loaded weapons that required slow reloading, making marksmanship and teamwork essential. Arquebusiers were known for their role in early modern battles, gradually paving the way for more advanced firearms.
To Arquebusier.png
To Arquebusier.png (1.71 KiB) Viewed 1194 times
Upgrade Arquebusier.png
Upgrade Arquebusier.png (1.23 KiB) Viewed 1194 times
- 3rd upgrade: Musketman Upgrades from Arquebusier
Musketman:
A musketman was an infantry soldier equipped with a musket, a more advanced firearm compared to the arquebus. Musketmen emerged during the late 16th century and played a pivotal role in the military tactics of the time. The musket was a smoothbore, shoulder-fired firearm that used a matchlock or flintlock mechanism. Musketmen were key figures in battles and sieges, known for their devastating firepower and the ability to volley fire in formation, which revolutionized warfare during the Renaissance period.
To Musketman.png
To Musketman.png (1.56 KiB) Viewed 1194 times
Upgrade Musketman.png
Upgrade Musketman.png (1.06 KiB) Viewed 1194 times
Stats

Arquebusier
HP: 17
Attack Power: 9
Range: 7
Miss (Speed) 10%
Armor: 2
Piercing Armor: 1
Speed: 4
Sight: 6

Musketman
HP: 20
Attack Power: 12
Range: 7
Miss (Speed) 10%
Armor: 3
Piercing Armor: 2
Speed: 4
Sight: 6

Handgonner, Arquebusier, and Musketman. have the Same Damage Bonuses but adding effectiveness as Infantry class.
+30% Against Irregular infantry, Light Infantry, Medium Infantry, Heavy Infantry and Ranged "Flesh and Blood"

Bonus Notes: I Want to Request to Update the Game with New Units and balanced.
Link for Update Ideas.

Axeman unit: - https://www.ageofstrategy.net/viewtopic.php?t=13590
Modern Solder FUN unit: - https://www.ageofstrategy.net/viewtopic.php?t=13594
Mounted Hospitaller unit: - https://www.ageofstrategy.net/viewtopic ... 00#p143500

Please Reply Now to be ACCEPTED and IMPLEMENTED for Requesting Suggestions right now.
Sunrise Samurai

Re: New Handgonner unit Upgrades. Arquebusier and Musketman.

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Gunpowder unit upgrades are a big no in general case. The existing gunpowder units are a holdover from a previous design leader and are not time period appropriate already. Advancing them to better versions just pushes the time period issue further.
The glorious sun rises again
TheOrder971

Post by TheOrder971 »

Hey Everyone Reply please.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

TheOrder971 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:18 pm Hey Everyone Reply please.

please stop using bigger letters! thanks!
Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

To be quite honest, I also don't like the idea of updating levels for musketeers, as they were designed to represent the first versions of gunpowder units. so they will be weaker in certain points when compared to archers and crossbowmen for example, but perhaps you can take advantage of these technology images to be a technology to just buff one few musketeer units such as: Tanegashima Ashigaru, Musketeer,Strelet, Mounted Musketeer.

These two technology images could each give +1 attack and +1 range to the respective units, so there would be two technologies, the first costing 5 and the other costing 6 and can be researched in the advancement center.

Maybe you could use this image of what would be the musketeer's second level as an alternative look for him in the game?
TheOrder971

Post by TheOrder971 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:33 pm
TheOrder971 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:18 pm Hey Everyone Reply please.

please stop using bigger letters! thanks!
Okay understood.
TheOrder971

Post by TheOrder971 »

Sombrar +1 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:37 pm To be quite honest, I also don't like the idea of updating levels for musketeers, as they were designed to represent the first versions of gunpowder units. so they will be weaker in certain points when compared to archers and crossbowmen for example, but perhaps you can take advantage of these technology images to be a technology to just buff one few musketeer units such as: Tanegashima Ashigaru, Musketeer,Strelet, Mounted Musketeer.

These two technology images could each give +1 attack and +1 range to the respective units, so there would be two technologies, the first costing 5 and the other costing 6 and can be researched in the advancement center.

Maybe you could use this image of what would be the musketeer's second level as an alternative look for him in the game?
Man... these are Handgonner with two upgrades. we must add to the game.
v094517

Post by v094517 »

The game's focus is on warfare before the true early-modern era, so Handgonner upgrades may not be fitting to the time period.

However, there is a planned new technology improving gunman miss chance/range/damage, so your tech image can be used for that.

Alternatively, the units can be added as map editor units and the techs as map editor techs (not unlockable in normal games, researched using map editor triggers). This will allow maps with Arquebusier/Musketeer training to be made.

I like your ideas and images, and support additional core units/ships/machines/structures to be added.
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Sombrar +1 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:37 pm To be quite honest, I also don't like the idea of updating levels for musketeers, as they were designed to represent the first versions of gunpowder units. so they will be weaker in certain points when compared to archers and crossbowmen for example, but perhaps you can take advantage of these technology images to be a technology to just buff one few musketeer units such as: Tanegashima Ashigaru, Musketeer,Strelet, Mounted Musketeer.

Yeah, that seems reasonable for me too. Not sure if it would conflict with Endru's plans for balancing them though.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Like mentioned above - I'd rather not bring in musket.
Knowing even a bit of military history - musket was really brought in at the start of modern early period. Or it could even be said, that it brought those changes.
That is outside of AoS time period.

Proposed stats explain perfectly why it's outside the period. Even if toned down - trying to represent it even in the general direction of reality - they would make archers obsolete. And heavy armored units probably too. That is not good.

Anyway - gunpowder shooters are up to changes, but rather to make them more convenient to use.
Age of Strategy design leader
TheOrder971

Post by TheOrder971 »

Endru1241 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:41 am Like mentioned above - I'd rather not bring in musket.
Knowing even a bit of military history - musket was really brought in at the start of modern early period. Or it could even be said, that it brought those changes.
That is outside of AoS time period.

Proposed stats explain perfectly why it's outside the period. Even if toned down - trying to represent it even in the general direction of reality - they would make archers obsolete. And heavy armored units probably too. That is not good.

Anyway - gunpowder shooters are up to changes, but rather to make them more convenient to use.
Ok. I We like Early Modern Period Era. we must add the Advancement Center. can reply please.
TheOrder971

Post by TheOrder971 »

Hello Everyone Reply in the post.
TheOrder971

Post by TheOrder971 »

Hello Everyone Requesting.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

TheOrder971 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:24 am Hello Everyone Requesting.
I think this is already rejected
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

It is rejected
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
TheOrder971

Post by TheOrder971 »

DreJaDe wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:29 am
SirPat wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:04 amIt is rejected

NOPE. These Are Not Rejectable. Here is the Upgrade unit. Look Interesting.
Here are Handgonner with Upgrade Chart.
Here are Handgonner with Upgrade Chart.
Musketeer UPG list.png (4.46 KiB) Viewed 851 times
We Must To Be Accepted and then Implemented.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

TheOrder971 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:00 am NOPE. These Are Not Rejectable. Here is the Upgrade unit. Look Interesting.
I appreciate the effort and it does look nice but again... Its rejected.

Most people didn't like the idea. Even the "Game Designer" don't prefer it.

Btw, you cannot make decisions what is to be implemented or be accepted in game.
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

TheOrder971 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:00 am
DreJaDe wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:29 am
SirPat wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:04 amIt is rejected

NOPE. These Are Not Rejectable. Here is the Upgrade unit. Look Interesting.
Musketeer UPG list.png

We Must To Be Accepted and then Implemented.
No. The timeline of aos is before that started
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
TheOrder971

Post by TheOrder971 »

@Stratego (dev) I Want to Implemented the unit. this is Some new Gunpowdered unit requested Will not REJECTED The Unit.

Note: No Skin post Requested.

Sincerely
TheOrder971.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

please do not ping me, Endru can answer you if a unit idea is accepted or not.
and he did already.
TheOrder971

Post by TheOrder971 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:24 am please do not ping me, Endru can answer you if a unit idea is accepted or not.
and he did already.
Okay.
Endru1241

Re: New Handgonner unit Upgrades. Arquebusier and Musketman. ANSWERED

Post by Endru1241 »

I set the topic to answered.

Graphics could be used as map editor units or somewhere far in the future if we could find some way to solve all discussed problems.
But it won't be brought in anytime soon, as it's being outside of AoS timeline.
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “Unit - ranged (like archers)”