france land lease

Jasondunkel

france land lease

Post by Jasondunkel »

Since France has hardly any units in industry lvl III, how about we put together a separate land lease unit package for France. and if so, which ones should it be? and should they also get jet planes?
TntAttack

Re: france land lease

Post by TntAttack »

I think we should give every nation a jet fighter plane. The Italians had a prototype Caproni Campini N1 (not operational) but for the sake of balance it should be added in as well.

I'm not too familiar to what extent we should give the French but the free France did have a lot of US, British and Soviet aircraft.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... rld_War_II

Perhaps we could give them all/most allied units, but how to balance that?

Maybe we have an embassy building that purchases "units" from allied countries?

Imagine lend lease, but more standardarised??
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

The Italians have the concept jet fighter plane Reggiane Re.2007 in the game. i wouldn't want to give the french that many units since they were dependent on their allies.

I would give you e.g. the later tank destroyers: Hellcat upgraded, M36 Jackson, and for the jet fighters either XP-80 Shooting Star or Meteor F1, but without an upgrade option
Dahdee

Post by Dahdee »

I'm good with the idea of BOTH France and Italy being allowed units of their respective allied nations for balance purposes.

I'm also fine giving them jets.

I would suggest they not be allowed upgraded top of the line units that would never realistically be shared (except base model jet) example: Ok to allow Italy to use base panther but no variants. Ok for France to have M10 but not M10 improved. Those are examples

I'd dare say Italy needs this idea even more than France.

Return to “Balancing discussions”