Leaderboard meta statistics

Things that do not fit any other section
Lucifer

Leaderboard meta statistics

Post by Lucifer »

It would be supremely useful to record the following statistics from multiplayer matches:
- % of matches in which [faction] is played
- % of matches in which [faction] won
- % of matches in which [unit] is played
- other important statistics you could think of.

where [faction] and [unit] is all factions and units in game. This would help experienced players learn more, and it'd help devs know which units and factions need buffs/debuffs. Theoretical discussions are good and all, but they are rather subjective and prone to biases from devs. In addition, it will help focus on units which are thematically cool, but not often used (such as cavalry archers, particular subclasses, weak spellcaster units, etc).

Lastly, this would be simple to implement by adding data collection whenever units are created in multiplayer matches.

PS: This is inspired from the rather helpful data for each card in Marvel snap (for example: https://marvelsnapzone.com/cards/hela/ ).

Thoughts?
Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Leaderboard meta statistics

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i very like the idea but i am afraid of the bias of newbie players, they kinda not so relevant imho.
Lucifer

Post by Lucifer »

True, though I think that itself would be useful information. For example, what units do newbies gravitate towards, and if those are performing adequately. It's hard to get feedback from new players who *didn't* like the game, so this would present a way to record that that data.
Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Hm...
Rather good idea actually.

Only i am thinking that some functions of it should be unlocked after player reached certain level.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:21 am i very like the idea but i am afraid of the bias of newbie players, they kinda not so relevant imho.
Set it up to give statistics by player level. You actually want newbie stats specifically, so you know to keep their most used units in mind to try and retain players
The glorious sun rises again

Return to “Others”