Age of Strategy - War of Factions - Map 5

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
Xray

Age of Strategy - War of Factions - Map 5

Post by Xray »

Hello, this is my first post so I apologize if I posted this in the wrong place!
I'm having a hard time beating this map, I play all missions on rock hard, and I'm trying to complete every campaign. I have all upgrades etc and I play on Android. I feel like I'm missing a trigger that's story based but I'm not sure, any suggestions? Thanks so much.
Revenant

Re: Age of Strategy - War of Factions - Map 5

Post by Revenant »

Hi,

i was able to beat this map a couple of months ago - even within the 3 starts requirement.
If I remember correctly it is enough to eliminate all enemy troops that are within the perimeter of the walls. I'm not 100% sure since it's been a while, but I think that's the trigger to win this map.

Oh, and BTW if you are trying to complete all campaigns, you will latest in the hard campaigns find a lot more maps that can't be beaten anymore. Many of these maps have been created a while ago and might have been solvable back then, but a couple years and many updates later, some maps have become impossible to solve.

-Revenant
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

hi!

so as a result do we need to change anything on map?
thanks!

daniel
Revenant

Post by Revenant »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:05 am hi!

so as a result do we need to change anything on map?
thanks!

daniel
I'm not 100% sure...
I played this map again now several times and wasn't able anymore to beat it. That does not necessarily mean its unwinnable, but at least it is very difficult and hence not a fit for an easy campaign.

Some suggestions that might make this map easier:
- remove the enemy factories (limits the amount of enemy troops to a fixed number, although this might not have great impact on difficulty of the map)
- remove the enemy siege machines (enemy has 3 catapults and 1 trebuchet)
- remove enemy's ability for loyalty, so that units can be converted

I don't know if these changes can be done easily...

Just my 2 cents.
Revenant
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

1 year late (sorry) but this map is still winnable under the turn requirements

A lot more trickier than before thanks to having the enemy start with loyalty. You can still use priests and the king of Facebook to bring many enemies down to red and finish them off after.

You can also train mercenaries with better stats since your factories are close to the enemy and any newly trained units won't last long.

Bills for horses
Varangians for inf
Router for archers
Flails for hoplites

I trained nothing else

You may also delete walls that may get in your way.
If you can't defeat the enemy anymore start over. Defending the city and vanquishing the invaders is the only way to win.
OLÉ

Return to “Campaign map discussions”