Tribal Archer & its Upgrade

MaharajaInfernape

Tribal Archer & its Upgrade

Post by MaharajaInfernape »

I have a suggestion about a unit Tribal Archer which deals poison as well as is of low cost. Their stats are made so that they are useful in early-to-mid-game but not in late game. I also have a suggestion about it stats.

Stats
Cost: 2
HP: 8
Power: 3
Effect: Poison
Range: 4
Armours: 0/0
Speed: 4 (100% on Road, Stone Road, etc. and also in forest)
Sight: 4 or 5
Action/turn: 1
Produced at: Primitive Hut
Bonuses: (Same as Archer)

Upgrade
Upgrade cost: 4 or 5 (but not more than 5)

Stats
HP: 11
Power: 3
Effect: Poison
Range: 4 or 5
Armours: 0/0
Speed: 4 (100% on Road, Stone Road, etc. and also in forest)
Sight: 5
Action/turn: 2
Bonuses: (Same as Archer)
Last edited by MaharajaInfernape on Sat May 15, 2021 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Badnorth

Re: Tribal Archer & its Upgrade

Post by Badnorth »

Stats are overpowered. The poison effect with the cheap cost itself is the dangerous part here, With Range 5, Cost 2, Speed 4 it'll make it a very good unit against infantry. Just spam this and put them in a Siege Tower and you have yourself a Dominating force of poison Archers. And Unit Poison Archer already represents a group of archers equipped with envenomed arrows, so maybe the concept should be changed.

Also, with this in it, who would use normal Poison archers and the Ranged units in Primitive Hut?
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
MaharajaInfernape

Badnorth wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:54 am With Range 5, Cost 2, Speed 4 it'll make it a very good unit against infantry.
Then reduce its range to 4. That's why I have also made its power only 3. They are easily produced and can only spread poison.
Badnorth wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:54 am put them in a Siege Tower and you have yourself a Dominating force of poison Archers.
I suggest disabling Siege Tower (and, if possible, also other towers such as Guard Tower, Fortress, etc.) to be not able to carry any Primitive unit.
Badnorth wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:54 am Also, with this in it, who would use normal Poison archers and the Ranged units in Primitive Hut?
Primitive tribes are known for using poison arrows.

From this reason this idea came in my mind. I have suggested the stats so that they are very weak and can easily be slain, can run away fast and hide in forests, and shoots poison arrows frequently.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

MaharajaInfernape wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:24 am I suggest disabling Siege Tower (and, if possible, also other towers such as Guard Tower, Fortress, etc.) to be not able to carry any Primitive unit.
Endru wouldn't do this change just because of this single unit, it's silly to only exclude primitive units on occupation.
MaharajaInfernape wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:24 am From this reason this idea came in my mind. I have suggested the stats so that they are very weak and can easily be slain, can run away fast and hide in forests, and shoots poison arrows frequently.
Would be okay if it was a 3 turn unit but no, also why does an archer have a speed of a skirmisher? I don't think it's a good idea to make it have that amount of speed, it can do hit and run tactics which was made for skirmishers.

The upgrade is also unbalanced, 2 actions for a 2 turn ranged poison unit is definitely not right, poison stacks you know? It will make it deal a lot of damage per turn to many units at a time. Consider the effects the unit will deal once it is in-game. Just spam those and It'll counter any armoured flesh and blood unit there is.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
MaharajaInfernape

Badnorth wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:32 am Endru wouldn't do this change just because of this single unit, it's silly to only exclude primitive units on occupation.
I suggest this because, realistically, primitive tribes (I guess the words 'Primitive units' here refers to tribal people who are mainly hunter-gatherers or are not what is called 'modern'.) cannot build towers and buildings (such as castles) and likes to shoot arrows (if they do) from trees. Hence I suggest that no Primitive unit can enter structures built by other types of units.
Badnorth wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:32 am Would be okay if it was a 3 turn unit
In fact, I think Poison Archer (a 3-turn unit), and especially Poison Horse Archer, are underpowered mainly because of their costs. Poison Archer can be made powerful by increasing its HP and/or power; but Poison Horse Archer definitely needs to be made cheaper, with possible few worsening of its stats.

Return to “Unit - ranged (like archers)”