Stealth technology WAITING IMAGE

Midonik

Stealth technology WAITING IMAGE

Post by Midonik »

1st tier - Early stealth technology unlocks:
- covert ops and saboteurs from this topic: viewtopic.php?f=177&t=8969 - technology cost 4
2nd tier - Advanced stealth technology unlocks:
- stealth fighter (topic: viewtopic.php?f=177&t=10141)
- ability for the laser tech that gives it stealth for 3 turn, cooldown 3, wears of at move or attack - technology cost 5.
3rd tier
- stealth bomber - a bomber that has stealth (duh), I think it can keep the cost of the jet bomber, but make it deal less damage, be slower and more fragile, for the great benefit of invisibility
- ability from the fighter to summon air mines - they are stealth, deal damage to planes when walked into, no damage to ground (unfortunately they will also trigger on and stop ground units - I'm not sure how this will work to be completely honest), can be shot down using fighter planes and AA rather easily. They also have vanishing. The cooldown on the ability should be rather high, to avoid spamming. - technology cost 6
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
kingofgalaxies

Re: Stealth technology WAITING IMAGE

Post by kingofgalaxies »

Just to play devil's advocate here:
Don't insectoids already have a stealth bomber (moth bomber)? Would another human one be original enough?
Also, not convinced humans need an extra tech for stealth, as the only concerning unit they have is covert ops.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I don't see a reason for why all races shouldn't have a stealth bomber. Insectoid will be original cause it won't need any technologies.

Also, not convinced humans need an extra tech for stealth, as the only concerning unit they have is covert ops. - I want all stealth tech stealing units to be locked behind some tech (because reptilian ones are). And also we will add more stealth units, there are links in literally this topic.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

?
Attachments
unit_hum_plane_rig_fx 2.png
unit_hum_plane_rig_fx 2.png (2.09 KiB) Viewed 1115 times
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Looks great
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Tho I think you meant to post it elsewhere
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Oh wait, thats the bomber, there is no topic for it?
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Hmm, anyway, I don't see a link here (unlike others), so I guess there is no theme for it either.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

(translator really made "topic" [тема] into "theme" [мотив]?)

There is none atm, I will make one later.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

?
Attachments
tech_rep_changing_colours22.png
tech_rep_changing_colours22.png (1.97 KiB) Viewed 1105 times
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Well the first tier of the tech also unlocks the fighter plane, I'm not so sure this fits that well.

That said, I don't really have a good idea for what this tech could look like.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Maybe move everything about infantry to stage 1, and everything about air to stage 2?
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

That can work. But then let's make the first tech cost 4, and a 3 rd tier as well (so we don't end up with a tech that would need to cost over 8).
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

Yup, problem with too expensive techs is that they block production in a building for too long.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Then what will be inside the 3rd stage?
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Updated. Btw, with time we might wanna add some more stealth units etc into one of techs.

For the second tier, you could try making the image a semi transparent material

For third maybe something air related
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Will it all be in the center? In general, I had an idea to make 3 separate technologies, but in the corresponding buildings: Technology for the infantry in the building for the infantry, it would include saboteurs and a tactical group, but already with a cost of 2-3 moves (by the way, they will remain 4 moves?), Can anyone something else in the future as ideas come in; Stealth technology for tanks in the tank factory (maybe something else as ideas come in); Stealth fighter, stealth bomber and air mines to the airport. It is also possible that something else in the future artillery plant, for example, I had an idea to make a stealth bunker for guns. But this is of course more ambitious and more convenient for the human in terms of balance.
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

Well, regarding the new units, just keep them all at a reasonable cost of turns and make them useful additions to the game so that it will make sense to produce them.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

kingofgalaxies wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:33 pm Well, regarding the new units, just keep them all at a reasonable cost of turns and make them useful additions to the game so that it will make sense to produce them.
Capitan obvious loged on, want a medal?
Anchar wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:26 pm Will it all be in the center? In general, I had an idea to make 3 separate technologies, but in the corresponding buildings: Technology for the infantry in the building for the infantry, it would include saboteurs and a tactical group, but already with a cost of 2-3 moves (by the way, they will remain 4 moves?), Can anyone something else in the future as ideas come in; Stealth technology for tanks in the tank factory (maybe something else as ideas come in); Stealth fighter, stealth bomber and air mines to the airport. It is also possible that something else in the future artillery plant, for example, I had an idea to make a stealth bunker for guns. But this is of course more ambitious and more convenient for the human in terms of balance.

We could do that, actually its quite interesting. They probaly should require the other techs researched to do them then. So I think infantry - 4 turn, tank 4 turn, air 8 turn costs in coresponding buildings. The human tcs are super crowded anyway.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Attachments
a stels 31.png
a stels 31.png (3.66 KiB) Viewed 1081 times
a stels 3.png
a stels 3.png (3.36 KiB) Viewed 1081 times
a stels 33.png
a stels 33.png (3.84 KiB) Viewed 1081 times
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

Midonik wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:36 pm
kingofgalaxies wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:33 pm Well, regarding the new units, just keep them all at a reasonable cost of turns and make them useful additions to the game so that it will make sense to produce them.
Capitan obvious loged on, want a medal?
E.g. is Repair module a useful building? Weak, tedious to construct, ...what else?
That's why my remark.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Well, not everything in the game should be super useful, the repair module is more of a situational structure for repairs during defense (for example, mega buildings)
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

Imo every unit should have a purpose for building it. This one just doesn't. You can't even enter it. It's just a worse, stationary technician. In fact even medical center is useless compared to the drone silo. And here, the comparison DOES make sense as these are special structures, infinitely buildable.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Write about it in the topics on the repair module and the medical center.
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

This was just an example to Midonik's reply.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Well, this was a response to your very funny and general remark, it reminded me of Brezhnev who said that the economy should be economical. Better write, do you like my idea of placing stealth techniques in different buildings or are you for the original idea to make 3 stages in the center, or do you have your specific thoughts ? It would be much more appropriate for the situation than what you wrote, and more would help you achieve your goal.
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

Since airport currently doesn't have a single tech to invent, for that stage definitely. The one for factory probably as well in it for similar reasons. And then it would only make sense to have the first one in barracks, no?
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

How about giving desert, mountain fighters and possibly guerrillas the ability to disguise themselves?
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

Excellent idea, as they're otherwise pretty underused. Winter inf as well tho.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I think it would be too strong for their cost

Well, Im not sure what disguising themselves would mean. Like, do they simply become invisible in wood/desert/mountains/snow? Or is it activeable?

Also that wouldnt really fit these techs

Return to “Humans”