every gunman ignore armor and tanegashima changes

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
SirPat

every gunman ignore armor and tanegashima changes

Post by SirPat »

I noticed that the musketeer is useless dont have bonusses and dealslittle dmg so maybe give it ignore armor and the tanegashima ashigaru should be trainable after gunpowder tech
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
godOfKings

Re: every gunman ignore armor and tanegashima changes

Post by godOfKings »

Rather than ignore armor, i would like to see a demoralising fear effect from loud noise (should b weapon effect similar to poison/burning) with may b some bonus on heavy armored infantry. And stop sprouting ignore armor all the time, ignoring armor itself from a bullet hitting iron is op and illogical
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

Sounds good, it shouldn't have effect when there is an religious or morale unit in a range. This could work on mountes units reducing their speed.
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
SirPat

Re: every gunman change and tanegashima changes

Post by SirPat »

about give it an effect that gives -2 armor to enemies in a range of 5 and maybe also -1 or 3 dmg but why -2armor cause as much as i nknow musketeers attack armor not p.armor test it out and maybe also give it slowing weapon and weakening weapon maybe to op?

i have 2 plans

a.) Weakens nearby enemies dmg and armor/P. 5range or Demoralize this approach makes it a fearsome unit that will assist your units but doesn't really need to fight cause he misses alot but when he succesfully hits an enemy it wouldn't deal much dmg

b.) Has New weapon effect "Damaged armor" that gives -2/-1 armor and has slowing weapon effect doesn't stack So it'll be like it have ignore armor even yhough it doesn't because if a swords man have armor upgrades which is +2 musket will give it -2 to make it useless plus at its first shot at an enemy it doesnt remove the armor all ready cause it'll give it -2/-1 after the attack like most effects this approach will make like a more deadly unit but it misses alot so it is quite balanced plus he hardly hits horses making it useless against horses just like normal ranged units and i like the idea of bonus aginst Heavy foot only but should only getlike +2 bonus dmg only and effect should have about 6 duration cause armor dont regen? :lol:

and tanegashima should miss abit more often and needs gunpowder and maybe give damaged armor to tanegashima also or not??

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
L4cus

Re: every gunman change and tanegashima changes

Post by L4cus »

SirPat wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:19 am about give it an effect that gives -2 armor to enemies in a range of 5 and maybe also -1 or 3 dmg but why -2armor cause as much as i nknow musketeers attack armor not p.armor test it out and maybe also give it slowing weapon and weakening weapon maybe to op?

i have 2 plans

a.) Weakens nearby enemies dmg and armor/P. 5range or Demoralize this approach makes it a fearsome unit that will assist your units but doesn't really need to fight cause he misses alot but when he succesfully hits an enemy it wouldn't deal much dmg

b.) Has New weapon effect "Damaged armor" that gives -2/-1 armor and has slowing weapon effect doesn't stack So it'll be like it have ignore armor even yhough it doesn't because if a swords man have armor upgrades which is +2 musket will give it -2 to make it useless plus at its first shot at an enemy it doesnt remove the armor all ready cause it'll give it -2/-1 after the attack like most effects this approach will make like a more deadly unit but it misses alot so it is quite balanced plus he hardly hits horses making it useless against horses just like normal ranged units and i like the idea of bonus aginst Heavy foot only but should only getlike +2 bonus dmg only and effect should have about 6 duration cause armor dont regen? :lol:

and tanegashima should miss abit more often and needs gunpowder and maybe give damaged armor to tanegashima also or not??
I dnt lk the idea of reducing armor effect. I think it is really op. A desmoralizing effect reducing movement by the fear plus reducing foes attack by 1 or 2 is enought. Then it would be a medium damage support unit. Remember that the first gunpowder weapons in europe were brutal, including against cavalry. Years later, horses were trained to keep going straight, on spite of the sounds.
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

actually i was thinking on-hit fear effect like poison that reduces speed and attack of target unit by -1, also miss chance should b same as slinger (slinger almost has 100% chance to hit 3 speed unit) while against horses, i was thinking a melee ability like using bayonet, as for tanegashima, it needs reduced damage to 10 perhaps, armor should b 1/0, miss chance same as slinger and same effect
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Actually Muskets were also known as Heavy Arquebus which can peirce metal plating than an arquebus giving me the idea of giving negative armor and Demoralize is already in aos but I dont remember what does it do actually Im planning to change the musket even more by adding the ancestors of the musket and upgrade them until the musket
Heres an example

1.) Fire Lance
chinese spear with a pack of gunpowder at the end making it able to blast fire to the enemy and deal extra dmg but can only be used once

2.) Handgonne
a staff like weapon with a miniature cannon at its end little range maybe 3-4-5

3.) Arquebus first firearm

4.) musket A heavy version of the Arquebus it can pierce plate unlike arquebus

SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Late Reply post sorry

and Tanegashima Uses an Arquebus and musket is a deadlier version of arquebus so maybe 8 dmg for tanegashima and 10 for musket

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Even if It can damage armor, its just a single hole, unless someone pierces that same hole again the armor will still bear some of the damage, rather lower hp itself means both injuries, wounds and damaged armors etc.

Wat about matchlock pistols? Wen were they used? Didnt samurai carry firearms like them?

Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

I actually planned some gunpowder rebalance.

First of all I planned to rename musketeer, at least to arqebusser.

Introducing handgonner as main gunpowder unit, arquebusser would be even stronger, but requiring another tech - matchlock.

Then giving real boost of stats or usefulness to all gunpowder era units.

Guns piercing armor were one of the methods, but it's a little illogical.
In the time handgonne was introduced to european battlefields people actually started to use even more armor (so first guns were either ignored and armor advancements were because of other weapons or they were additional cause for it).
It would also be useless against some units.

Recently I got some other idea - gunshots in form of ability. Using environmental special with area range of 1 it can be % chance to miss (unfortunately unaffected by speed) with second related effect being 3-4 area range of horse fear (somehow weaker than camel fear) and even more weak effect in range of 2-3 for the rest of units.
Cannons could use the same, but with a little bigger range. Main environmental effect could also have area range of 2, but with % chance instead of near perfect accuracy.
Age of Strategy design leader
Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

you guys should check my arquebusier post
~Gral.Sturnn
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

Gral.Sturnn wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:06 pm you guys should check my arquebusier post
Post the link
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

L4cus wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:10 pm
Gral.Sturnn wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:06 pm you guys should check my arquebusier post
Post the link
https://www.androidutils.com/forum/view ... 788#p92876

Its even accepted xd
~Gral.Sturnn
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Gral.Sturnn wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:12 pm
Post the link

Its even accepted xd
I am even seeing potential two unit images. One could be used as arquebusser, the other as handgonneer.
That's what You meant?
Age of Strategy design leader
Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

Endru1241 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:35 am
Gral.Sturnn wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:12 pm
Post the link

Its even accepted xd
I am even seeing potential two unit images. One could be used as arquebusser, the other as handgonneer.
That's what You meant?
Not exactly, ine of them is a 30 years war musketeer and the other one is a landschneckt, preferably the landschneckt should be the arquebusier, the other one, a musketeer.
~Gral.Sturnn
Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

Handgonner should look more crude and with earlier armor.
Attachments
images (79).jpeg
images (79).jpeg (34.17 KiB) Viewed 2449 times
~Gral.Sturnn

Return to “Unit balancing”