unit: net thrower man - IMPLEMENTED

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: unit: net thrower man - ACCEPTED

Post by DoomCarrot »

I think TC and dock is a cool idea. Would be interesting to give docks a way to sort of defend themselves better on land.

And those images are nice, I like them a little better than the old ones. Way to save this idea from the archives. :)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Is there anyway to implement

If Net Thrower goes in row boat it transformes into a fishing boat? or a skill

FYI I Like the Net thrower man pretty cool :D
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

so depending on a percentage chance, it can reduce speed of opponent infantry with throw net ability, will it work on cavalry?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

If it's spell, then we could use Flesh and Blood category for allowing cast and RESISTED_BY_HP spec added - percentage chance to cast would be higher vs low HP units. Strong infantry/ weaker cavalry would have regular chance and very small chance for elephants.
I just don't know exact values (how RESISTED_BY_HP works - it was made for AoF mainly)
Miss chance dependant on speed is possible only for attacks.

I think that instead of not allowing attack and move some limiting values can be considered.
E.g. -3 or 4 speed, -5 power
Age of Strategy design leader
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

as far as i know 15 hp is lowest amount below which ability with this tag has same chance as it usually has (in case of 100% - 100%, in case of 37% - 37%) and 50 hp is highest above which it has guaranteed miss (even in case of 100% chance ability).
and between those 2 values chance is slowly decreasing from normal on 15 hp down to 0 on 50.

It also works on actual hp of unit - so if you will down unit with let's say 200 hp below 50 hp than this ability will have chance to apply.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

This spec is perfect for this ability :)
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

makazuwr32 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:07 pm as far as i know 15 hp is lowest amount below which ability with this tag has same chance as it usually has (in case of 100% - 100%, in case of 37% - 37%) and 50 hp is highest above which it has guaranteed miss (even in case of 100% chance ability).
and between those 2 values chance is slowly decreasing from normal on 15 hp down to 0 on 50.

It also works on actual hp of unit - so if you will down unit with let's say 200 hp below 50 hp than this ability will have chance to apply.
Thanks for explanation - exact chance is what I lacked in understanding.
Actualy DEFINE_UNIT_BIG_POWER_VALUE which is 50 in AoF can be defined for AoS differently.
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “Unit - melee infantry”