Barron — IMPLEMENTED

Lynx Shafir

Re: Barron

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Savra wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:55 pm Btw should it have its own set of upgrades?
Citadel?
That can be answered if it has more units, what need/worth upgrades
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Savra, u can try to remove helmet first stance and put a wig.

Like this
letöltés (64).jpg
letöltés (64).jpg (5.18 KiB) Viewed 4437 times
Last edited by Lynx Shafir on Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Imho buffing aura for skeletons would be better than "chilling presence" that would really fit such leader as Barron
Im not coming. Im impending
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Remember one thing: cementary ripper already has group attack 1 aura.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

Why would a skeleton need hair? But if you all would like it to have it have hair then I'll add it.
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

A barron is a barron - smug and proud - must look handsome even if it's dead.

Also not all sceletons are bare (meant not only armor).

I thought it's more thematic to wear a wig (first stance) than a helmet.
Allows to have a pale face too.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Hmm, well in that case I'll give it hair. Btw, instead of chilling presence, what about just fear aura? It's not stackable.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Had a little fun with this. :lol:
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

It could be great model for skeleton version of captain it could buff them a little with big ammount of new units I think they would be underused
Im not coming. Im impending
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Wig it's much better

I think fits the Mansion...
Savra

Post by Savra »

Dark citadel is fine, dark citadel is basically a castle but for magical or similar units infused with magic.
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

In DDD project there's 2 too similar building like citadel (Veil)
One for that role
When we ll continue with I think can be their mega..
Too bad he removed his picture

We may decide later.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Dark citadel is ready already and ddd's veil topic is a sub race, they come with their own units, and this is just a more accessible mega building that can be used to help hold an area rather then making a mansion all over the map.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Updated.

Say @Alexander82 is this good for Undead at the moment?
Could stick it in mansion for now.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Will update stats later but here's the updated images plus corpse.
Attachments
lords corpse.png
lords corpse.png (735 Bytes) Viewed 3196 times
Skeleton lord.png
Skeleton lord.png (1.52 KiB) Viewed 3196 times
Skeleton tyrant.png
Skeleton tyrant.png (1.54 KiB) Viewed 3196 times
Skeleton Overlord.png
Skeleton Overlord.png (1.54 KiB) Viewed 3196 times
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Looks like fine images, it should be probably ready if reviewed.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Good for skeleton but not as a barron with inspiring aura-flavor wise - resurrected scellies should not act as leaders anymore - possible necromancer etc controll all of em

otherwise is just a fancier armored skeleton

For barron (Mansion) a Wight like unit, no tiers, has hair remains,/wig, blue glowing eye, such
More close to free will /stronger position

Fits more imho
Savra

Post by Savra »

Actually, it would be fine for them, being that skeletons are actually possessed corpses (that's basically what dark magic is), so most likely this is a skeleton corpse that was possessed by a stronger spirit. Skeleton pirates are similar except they are more dealing with cursed pirates then anything.

So it's fine, and can happen. Besides, they would be more so an extension of the necromancers will, like the Phantom Overseer, given more power then the average corpses.
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Skeletons aren't possessed, they're a product of soul channeling (consumes soul)- in contrary with phantoms what are souls in a empty vessels
But they're independent

Phantoms will not make leaders/generals of their own kin, just by armor differences, wouldn't provide any effect anyway, since lack of morality and no power difference.
Exept if the possseser spirit it's with miles more powerful (we have @DoomsdayDragonfire s hero for that ;) - able to cast spells while anchors to a world what is difficult at same time

Tho I don't like the leader idea non of the cases
Content wise to not copy exactly human army structure, especially Imperial,.. in three fronts...

Lore wise - above reason, scellies should not work this way
Rather their casters presence effects them, or special cases
Third "in death we're all equal" no leader leaves different corpse

Forth :If added frenzy touch, scellies will do more than fine without any buffer

Otherwise we would added with DDD a banner carrier with buffs but Alex said no.

We have plans unholy Knights and wraiths(dodgy and light pair of phantoms) and a "Drakula"approach unit
May that one is more suited as leader
So hold on
We'll look over those and discuss what and how.
undead balance, content expansion r on the agenda.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Phantoms still can because each armour isn't the same, some suites were designed for leaders which is why they have special decals on them while others are more based for common infantry with less design differences.

Also armour is designed differently depending on the task the wearer is put at wether it be cavalrymen, infantrymen, or archers, the design is altered to best aid the wearer in that regard. Phantoms that are controlling these armours would use them in a similar regard, captains or "Overseers" are what would be used to keep an eye on these forces while staying at a safe distance away.

Were that's a more advanced form, a skeleton leader often fulfills a similar role but with Lee cost of energy or "soul channeling" at that matter. I too bad in mind a vampire Lord but the skeleton leader is more in line with the humans captain and not a Lord in itself, we're leadership comes into play, humans are not the only ones who abide by this, but by "formations", which is more different , (shield walls, spear formations, archer formations, cavalry formations, etc.) Formations are based on each unit supporting each other like a shield wall formation would be like a 1 rng aura for all shielders that grants nearby shielders +1/+1 to their armours, this all of course would be unique to humans being that strategy and formations are humanity's strong suit, being able to adapt to any given situation. This is something undead can't copy.

Back to the part about them being given more power then common skeletons let's also look at the lesser skeleton, a common zombie could do things like swing a sword or stab with a spear or even throw something, which makes skeletons like the fighter, shielder, skull thrower, and spearmen less problematic when it comes to reanimating them, but units like the skeleton archer who have to judge were the target is, the distance, and power needed to hit it, or the cavalry who ride undead horses to catch up to their foes faster, or even the skeleton mages who can cast spells to hinder enemies, or the fact that we also have skull throwers who also set the skulls on fire (a zombie could throw something but they wouldn't think to set it on fire me then throw it), skeleton workers who can build complex structures, also we have skeleton pirates who can operate ships, shoot and load guns, and operate cannons, all of these show that their is more soul channeling needed to make them more efficient, I doubt they'd pass up the chance for a leader like unit to strengthen their troops or act as an extension of their will in the battlefield, a necromancer alone wouldn't be able to multitask by telling each troop individually what to do like flanking, ambushing, etc. That's were skeleton captains come into play, they act depending on the situation wilst alleviating the stress off their master, a vampire Lord would do the same thing, since unlike vampires who often have their own ambitions and can be prone to betrayal, skeleton captains would be their blind followers who lead their mindless troops into battle often times possessing better gear and the such then that of the rest so as to better it's combat efficiency as well. Being that they would most likely also be immune to the harmful rays of the sun that's also a plus.
makazuwr32

Re: Barron — IMPLEMENTED

Post by makazuwr32 »

Implemented
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Archived - Undead Units, Buildings”