US airforce become so underpowered

Things that did not fit to the other parts
DreJaDe

US airforce become so underpowered

Post by DreJaDe »

I played this game last in last month first in last 2 months and a main of US forces, now that the updates are going back, I decided to start playing again

In that 1 month game xp i know that US airforce compared to Germans are generally weaker but still almost never lose games. With BFs having more dmg than my wildcat, that 8 turn fighter jets that can be abused in no fogs, and that ultimate seaplane of Germans which can destroy 5 of wilcats and still be alive, I still win for one reasons, they cant outproduce me because of my (secret) tactic.

Now that it is updated here's my opinion, US airforce become more weaker. My wildcat deals 18 dmg Max while that German BFs deals 30 dmg? With both the stats I fought 1 bf with 2 of my wildcat and got destroyed by it. I know that the reason is because he attack first in both the 2 but that shouldn't happen I tell yah.

Next is thunderbolt with the false hope, it is a 7 turn bomber with stats for destring air to land enemy also with bomb spell but compared to my corsairs, they're useless. From my XP, they deal at Max 26 dmg for air which useless for a promised good fighter and bomber.

Now for the serious part.
Japanese can outproduce US by that Zero (4turn) compared to my wildcat (5 turn). They also have better stats against wildcat. Whenever I listen to some documentary, they always say that the Americans outproduce japanese in terms of airforce.

My suggestion is to nerf both the zero and that squid looking plane.

This looks like a rant maybe but it's not.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: US airforce become so underpowered

Post by Stratego (dev) »

here is the latest XLS i work from.
please check and take your suggestion.

most of the properties of planes come from real values.

BUT cost is a fictive one - so that can easily be changed.
Attachments
stats_v38.xlsx
(81.8 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

@Stratego (dev)

I still don't understand how this works but here's my take.

In that file, i don't understand where the cost come from?

Zero having good general stats over wildcat besides armor and is okay but why does it only cost 4 turn? And shingen (a prototype) plane, 5 turn?

I also noticed that wildcat attack value is 3.4 which will only (in my knowledge) register as 3 will only deal damage of 18 at Max. If it became 4, that would change much, I guess.

Last is, can I ask how does armor reduce damage taken works for this game.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

maybe i should make the floating point attack power in game (now it is integer) because where we use such big bonuses that can count.
without bounus it would be truncated.

for the other questions i am thinking of why i made Zero-s it 4 turn costed - was it cheaper? not sure why.
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

In the bf 109 vs wildcat I see the problem so, the bf 109 was always evolving the wildcat but not. In the beginning, the wildcat was equal, but later no longer. Therefore, I would say that the fight goes in favor of the bf 109.
The zero, as far as I can read, seems to be better than the wildcat also by a long way. In the production costs, one can argue. But Japan and Germany were prepared for the war and the other countries still had to follow suit
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/ ... s-superior
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Untrue, the wildcats did evolve over the course of the war.

From my research zeros are not cheaper

Also zero and wilcats have the same speed base from my slight research just that, in a dogfight zero have more maneuverability and firepower. This cause problems for Japan of having not enough pilot in the later years of war

Base from the statement of a zero fighter. I wildcat did survive a whole barrage of zero but is unable to fight while a zero later in the war become more agile, it develop a problem of having no armor at all. It can even destroy itself and it wont survive a wilcats having its tail on it.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

In early combat operations, the Zero gained a reputation as a dogfighter,[3] achieving an outstanding kill ratio of 12 to 1
meaning in early years zeros were the best.

but by mid-1942 a combination of new tactics and the introduction of better equipment enabled Allied pilots to engage the Zero on generally equal terms.[5]
from 1942 they were eqully good
By 1943, ..., the Zero gradually became less effective against newer Allied fighters
By 1944, ... A6M had largely become outdated as a fighter aircraft
later zeros were worse than other planes

about wildcat:
The fighter pilots are very disappointed with the performance and length of sustained fire power of the F4F-4 airplanes. The Zero fighters could easily outmaneuver and out-climb the F4F-3, and the consensus of fighter pilot opinion is that the F4F-4 is even more sluggish and slow than the F4F-3. It is also felt that it was a mistake to put 6 guns on the F4F-4 and thus to reduce the rounds per gun. Many of our fighters ran out of ammunition even before the Jap dive bombers arrived over our forces; these were experienced pilots, not novices
all from here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_A6M_Zero

dont forget we still need many new planes in game - some later coming planes will be stronger than earlier ones.

but do we agree we can increae the Zero cost to 5?
shinen should stay on 5?
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

I'm okay with zero being 5 turn

Shinden? What about still 5 turn but only unlockable at lvl 3?

As a new aircraft. What about f6f hellcat. This is an upgraded wildcat but I don't really know.

Last is what about the damage of wildcat?
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

We still have P-39 Airocobra, P-51 Mustang, and maybe p-40 Kittyhawk left to add to USAF.
OLÉ
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

Here some think for bf 109 vs wildcat
https://hushkit-net.cdn.ampproject.org/ ... -fw-190%2F
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok zero is 5
shinen: we can not freely move them between eras - i made all planes to their real values or production eras are in fixed years.
new aircrasfts: please open topics for them and give images too if u can.
wildcat damage: i am working on float value for power
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

@Stratego (dev)
What is float value?

And what does it do with the dmg?
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Turns it into a decimal.
OLÉ
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

it is ready, now wildcat has 3.4 damage (and this is muliplied with the bonus +500% against planes)
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Will the WIldcat have its updates (Upgrades)? this seems to be still underpowered to me compared to the new 5 turn planes of Germany.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sure, suggest them
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

Weit ich habe das gelesen das wildcat im pazifik sehr erfolgreich gewesen. Also müssten die japanischen Flugzeuge vielleicht etwas abgewertet werden. To the german aeroplane had you well to the anfang with the me 109 can, later not more and against the fw190 were you well complete underlegen. Vielleicht müssen wir noch die p51 Mustang ins Spiel bringen, dann die technisch besser Machine is as the p47
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

please write in egnlish - i dont understand what u wrote.
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

Sorry
That is what I wrote

Far I have read that the wildcat in the pacific has been very successful. So maybe the Japanese planes would have to be devalued. For the German plane you had probably the beginning of the me 109, later no more and against the fw190 you were probably completely inferior. Maybe we have to bring the p51 Mustang into the game, then the technically better machine is like the p47

Return to “Others”