version 1.107

In this forum I post the changes on the DEVELOPER version of the game.
These versions are (at the time i post them) not yet published to google play, only registered testers can download it and test it before publishing.

Non-tester forumers: if you want to get the DEVELOPER version (to see the changes sooner, or you want to try your own map designs) please EMAIL me to zerotouchsystems at gmail dot com to register yourself as a tester.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

version 1.107

Post by Stratego (dev) »

version 1.106 is published
Puss_in_Boots

Re: Maps only in DEV version - waiting for their designers

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I now see a problem with polearm users. They need to be recognized as light_foot_melee in order for anti inf to function properly against them.
OLÉ
Endru1241

Re: version 1.107

Post by Endru1241 »

Spearman line wasn't getting any anti-infantry bonus ever (from what I recall anyway). Neither from archers, nor infantry anti-infantry (mace, flail, celt) and especially not from cavalry.
Age of Strategy design leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Feature:from now, you can change your player color in campaign games and in network games
Fix: transport units (transportships, wagond and so on) will only let pass tru units that they can also carry too

also written in modders lounge a new setting for terrain emulation of carrier units.

uos 20
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Changes by Edru! thanks! uos already

Added new effect - low morale (-1 power, -1/-1 armors)
Berserk now has low morale aura affecting enemy units in range 4.
Changed icon indicator for roman aeanator speed boost
Added new effect - Real Drum Beat (+1 speed for all foot units)
New unit Drummer (with old drummer image) -has aura with real drum beat, range 4
Change: Siege Tower can go into buildings
Bug Fix: Siege Tower can once again travel through bridge
Bug fix - War Elephant, his upgrade and Mahout had no category
Few units simulate terrain now: bridges, siege range, dock, nordic hall, transports
Wagon no longer allows ship passage
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Core bonus fixes:

i have found that bonuses were counted wrong:
if a unit 1 had bonus against unit 2
and unit 2 also had bonus against unit 1

and unit 1 attacks unit 2

than on counter - bonus calculation unit 1 was attacking with base attack instead of bonused attack.

---------------------

now i have fixed it so
attack: bonus is always calculated for the attack even if the target also has bonus aginst.
counter:
- bonus is always calculated to counter (even if both had bonus agins each other)
- counter is halved by default and NOT halved if ONLY the countering unit has bonus against the attacker

i hope it does not ruin enything.

please tell me.

(not yet uos i put in only if no problem changing this)
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Previous variant when bonus was annulated on counter in situation when both units have bonus against each other is better as for me.

More fair in situation of "infantry anti-cav vs anti-infantry cav".
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Maybe adding new specUnitAction to loose bonus on counter if attacker has also bonus and giving it to cavalry would simulate somehow the old way.
Corrected way is more logical and less complicated.
It's mainly cavalry that's the problem (lancers, knights especially).
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, i have undoed the modification, and made a global switch called IS_BONUS_NEGLECTS_EACH_OTHER

in AOF/AOS it is true(works old way) and in AOW it is false (works new way)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Endru pack! thanks!

Jsonized animals - bear, deer, dolphin, some neutral structures - fire, 5 kinds of stones, wall, school sign, rocks.
Now all units should be jsonized! A milestone of sort. Though techs, transformations, terrain definitions and some effects are still left.
Change - Upgrade to Cathedral costs 3 turns.
Change - Upgrade to High Castle costs 4 turns.
Change - Shielder and Defender have 2x counterattack damage.
Change - Cavalry bonuses doesn't apply on counterattacks against units having bonus vs them (e.g. vouglier)
Change - Lancer and his upgrades bonuses works only offensively. They don't get any bonuses on counterattacks.
Change - Flailman has halved damage on counterattack (1/4 of base attack) instead of none at all.
Change - Celt doesn't get any bonus damage on counters agaist him.
New upgrade - Town Center lvl 2 - any TC can be upgraded (separately) to have additional healing, small mending capability, ranged attack and aura boosting defence of units inside (+3/2 armor). Beware - upgrade is not lost when enemy captures it.

uos 20
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, now i have changed several things in core and we have now (only for testing reasons)
- Hard AI (i hope is untouched - but need testing)
- Easy AI - emporarily i have revoked from here the "upgrades" producing - it will not produce shopitem units. please test it
(i have yet introduced ultra easy AI, and i have yet made campaign difiiculty modifiable - so now it is only testable in skirmish maps with easy and hard AI)

uos 20 in AOS.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

New feature:Restructured help section, with unit browser
New feature:Trigger editor unit type selector is using visual gridview

first in AOW version uos 30
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

in all version uos 10
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

The first verison of changeable difficulty on campaign maps is in.

there is a button to set from
- Hard and Easy
- changes the eranable gems count
(and internally the game will change the AI players to easy AI and hard AI depending the setting)

uos already
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Perfect, that'll get rid of the nasty reviews! :)
OLÉ
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Question:
Can you than give for campain creator ability to lock ai type (easy/hard)?

For example i need on one map for ai to produce only basic units of orcs. It must not have access to upgrades or such. And is it not only 1 ai on the map (this one is easy, another one is hard and third one is hard as well).
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

this would remove the main point of this "difficulty" setting.

on this map player would not be able to set to hard if he likes to.

use the unit restricting by trigger if u want to nerf the units to build.
nd maybe suggest improvement there to be more easy.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

however i can do that it will onlythange AI difficulty if it wants to be easier.
so on hard mode it will not modify the AI to hard if it was set to easy.

what do u think?
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

It will b useful for example if the easy ai is the ally of the player and the player has to save it, like a weak village under siege, that type of setting
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

There is a problem with easy/hard settings gem change. Actually few.
-Once player completes a map in easy setting with three stars he looses 1 gem forever.
Possible solution - indicator in which difficulty map was completed - if completed in easy, then player then could play it again to get 1 last missing gem getting the same number of stars.
-Easy difficulty doesn't really change anything for some maps. Only catapult (area damage on start), fortifications (massive walls and masonry) and production capabilities change. Doing map in which AI which had only set units won't be any easier and yet gem punishment remains.
-There is many maps really long to complete. If someone changed difficulty in hopes it will be easier to at least get some gems (at least 1 to have some progress in getting desired upgrade) and turn limit is too tight, he could get nothing. 0 gems after investing some time and completing the map may seem too unfair.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

"Once player completes a map in easy setting with three stars he looses 1 gem forever."
sure? i think it can replay it an earn the extra gem - isnt he? if not: what happens?
Easy difficulty doesn't really change anything for some maps. Only catapult (area damage on start), fortifications (massive walls and masonry) and production capabilities change. Doing map in which AI which had only set units won't be any easier and yet gem punishment remains.
exactly, any suggestions?
There is many maps really long to complete. If someone changed difficulty in hopes it will be easier to at least get some gems (at least 1 to have some progress in getting desired upgrade) and turn limit is too tight, he could get nothing. 0 gems after investing some time and completing the map may seem too unfair.
I am not sure i understans: if you dont win you will not get gems, that was alwas as it is - or what is your suggestion to change?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:54 am this would remove the main point of this "difficulty" setting.

on this map player would not be able to set to hard if he likes to.

use the unit restricting by trigger if u want to nerf the units to build.
nd maybe suggest improvement there to be more easy.
The problem is that i am using more than 1 ai for nearly all my maps and they even with "easy ai" should be the hardest. Also i am using ais not only for enemies but also for allies as well and changing allied ai-hard to ai-easy actually could instesd of making game easier to make it harder in some cases.

In general i suggest to make "hard campains" to ha e locked difficulty that should not be changeable (including ai-types).
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

sure? i think it can replay it an earn the extra gem - isnt he? if not: what happens?
Tested it myself - I played map on easy, got 3 gems, then replayed it on hard - nothing happens.
It's because my save had the map checked as completed with 3 stars, so I don't get anything on replay anymore.
exactly, any suggestions?
Maybe some chance for stupid move.
E.g.:
10% chance to skip moving unit (it happens sometimes for players too),
15% chance to move unit 1-2 less tiles,
5% chance to skip attacking melee
I am not sure i understans: if you dont win you will not get gems, that was alwas as it is - or what is your suggestion to change?
No. I am talking about completing the map.
There is three possible rewards:
within tighter turn limit aka 3 stars - 4 gems
within looser turn limit aka 2 stars - 2 gems
outside turn limit aka 1 star - 1 gem consolation prize.
There are still maps impossible to complete within turn limit (e.g. AoS betrayal of king maximus, much more in AoF), yet somehow long.
I think player should still get some consolation prize after completing the map.
I can think of two possible things to do:
1. Change normal rewards to be 4,3,2 gem, then after -1 punishment for lowering AI level completing the maps still gives 1 gem.
2. Change -1 gem to only lower gem pool to not lesser than 1, so rewards on easy will be : 3,1,1.
One gem is not much, but it serves as consolation prize finely - Few maps like that and at least some upgrade can be bought.
The problem is that i am using more than 1 ai for nearly all my maps and they even with "easy ai" should be the hardest. Also i am using ais not only for enemies but also for allies as well and changing allied ai-hard to ai-easy actually could instesd of making game easier to make it harder in some cases.

In general i suggest to make "hard campains" to ha e locked difficulty that should not be changeable (including ai-types).
Why not just give map maker possibility to set AI level changable.
On map setup in map editor default AI player would have AI-Hard Changeable, and map maker can set it to AI-Easy Unchangeable or AI-Hard Unchangeable.
This way most maps can still be played on easy, and map makers gets possibility to set things.
E.g. setup
Player - human
AI-Hard Changeable (main enemy)
AI-Easy Unchangeable (stupid ally of human player)
AI-Hard Unchangeable (smarter/better ally of human player)
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

well tbh, although i did propose making it that easy ai dont use upgrades, i never proposed player can change ai difficulty that was set up by map maker, only in skirmish maps, and new map makers was supposed to use the advantage that old maps missed instead, and now more troubles are appearing one after another
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Better they arise sooner, or they will break games later.
OLÉ
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Endru1241 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:43 pm

Why not just give map maker possibility to set AI level changable.
On map setup in map editor default AI player would have AI-Hard Changeable, and map maker can set it to AI-Easy Unchangeable or AI-Hard Unchangeable.
This way most maps can still be played on easy, and map makers gets possibility to set things.
E.g. setup
Player - human
AI-Hard Changeable (main enemy)
AI-Easy Unchangeable (stupid ally of human player)
AI-Hard Unchangeable (smarter/better ally of human player)
That is fine variant for me.
But in my campain there could be more than 1 enemy (and on 1 map i am using all 6 slots with changeable sides for player and ai's) and that is main reason why i need ai-easy for some of them.

To be more certain:
I have currently next setting on that map:
1. Player, team 1
2. City, team 1, ai easy. Has same production buildings as №3 later.
3. City, team 2 (this one is needed to change in 3rd part of the map alliances; player gains control over AI №4 forces and city 2 gains control over city units and ex-player units to defend the city). Ai hard, has same production buildings as №2 before.
4. Raiders, team 3. Ai doesn't matter because no production.
5. Raiders 2, team 1 (for 3rd part of map as well, player is granted in that part control over part of forces, not over all forces). AI hard, has production.
6. Citizens, team 2. Required for 4th part of the map. Also most units in city are "citizens" and if you will attack them in part 1 than it would be much harder in part 2 to defend city. AI easy (they will ha e some production of militia-like basic units in the 4th part of the map).
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok i made easy ai to have AI_SILLY_MOVEMENT option:
meanin all movements it does with units will be halved rounded up.

will be in in next update
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Is this required?
I do not like this option.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

from now "power" is a real number not ineger, meaning modders can give power=5.2 instead of integer values.
however i suggest to use it only in special cases as these values a little harder to read and remember.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

It would be great if hp could be floating point too.
Of course to not change things much battle could still round up hp damage to 1.
What I'm thinking about is to use it for building - especially siege machines.

Return to “DEVELOPER version changes”