New Default Unit Set

Suggestions about the gameplay, the controls, buttons and so on.
Puss_in_Boots

New Default Unit Set

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

These are upgrade units that I believe are ESSENTIAL for every player, and they should be the default because of this to close the beginner gap.

Castle: Unlocking castles is a huge advantage as it means having tc+f+m maximum production power ( so a third or .34 more). They also are the gateway behind the most specialized siege engine in the game. (Which brings me to the next unit).

Trebuchet: Having the castle upgrade without units to produce is another barrier faced in beginner roads. The trebuchet is the perfect candidate as it has no vanish or spells. This tool also displaces most fortifications placed in anyone's way, and is always used, especially in bigger maps.

Dock: Prevents new players from being landlocked and having to slowly build ships with workers.
Last edited by Puss_in_Boots on Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OLÉ
godOfKings

Re: New Default Unit Set

Post by godOfKings »

does fire archer still have that insane bonus against ships? then we have a cheap anti ship default unit
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

I think we can add axe thrower into default.

Axe thrower: Range unit that have bonus to hit catapult & structures.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

please chose only a very few.
logbows axe throwers sheilders i think not essential
fire archer maybe, but i feel not essential

castle and trebuchet i agree should be default.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

what about dock? (having docks will allow making triremes more easily if there is no tc near water)

either a dock, or some anti ship ground unit (castle can work but it also takes long time to make)
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, dock OR fire archer is acceptable to be default.
maybe dock i would vote for.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

alright, dock it is (we dont want to give too much advantage to new players if they dont spend gems after all :P )

as for defensive units we dont really need shielders, knight or skirmisher will work the same anyways

Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Okay, well my last suggestions are rowing boats, and light cav because they are too simple to be considered an upgrade. Also every player begins with light cavalry in random multiplayer map, so it should probably be default as well.
OLÉ
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Puss_in_Boots wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:41 pm Okay, well my last suggestions are rowing boats, and light cav because they are too simple to be considered an upgrade. Also every player begins with light cavalry in random multiplayer map, so it should probably be default as well.
Totally agree cause thats like saying :

can make heavy cavalry

can't make light cavalry

and

can make ship

don't know how too make a BOAT
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support

Return to “Gameplay & UI”