Functionality For Disabled/Left Handed

Puss_in_Boots

Functionality For Disabled/Left Handed

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

In settings, players should have some sort of work around for the left handed or colorblind.

The reason I'm thinking of this is because some players are clearly turned away by the lack of options to play as comfortably they possibly could be.

Controls: maybe mirror every button?

Also a quick tutorial map which runs through what every button does, because according to reviews, people don't seem to be able to experiment with them for some reason...
OLÉ
MightyGuy

Re: Functionality For Disabled/Left Handed

Post by MightyGuy »

Thia is actually a good idea.

The controls should be adjustable, changing its position and size.

I agree with adding colorblind settings

The effect will make the game more possible and playable to everyone.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sorry to ask but can u show me any apps that does such configurable ui? i never saw any.
naturally you saw a few that is why you mentioned - but in general are these settings available in most games?

it is not a bad idea tough, i just think it is not done by any other developers - or must be very rare, OR they must be a very big development firm or something like Epic Games or such.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

No, I have not seen such settings on many apps. If uncommon, we can monopolize all user friendly UI on the app store.

There should be online resources for how to design for impairments.
OLÉ
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I have been around the block, and I now have some work arounds for disabilities.

COLOR BLINDNESS:
There are 4 different variants of color blindness.
The best way to counter all 4 would be to add a colorblind mode that changes all 7 player team colors freely, so the player can differentiate the teams.

:dednaH tfeL
I have left handed brothers that usually play right handed.
For some I guess this is difficult. It's not really an impairment, more like a control preference. I suggest adding a setting that reconfigures hud buttons by mirroring them.

Vision Impairment:
Option for Increase font size.

Dyslexia:
This is an important one, since most information is dependent on reading. The best solution is to space text apart, capitalize every first letter of a new word, and limit text to one line.
Last edited by Puss_in_Boots on Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OLÉ
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

or we should chose our default teamcolours that will be visible with any of the olor blindnesses :)
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Well, there is colorblindness to red, which makes purple look like blue, red, orange and yellow may look green as well.

There's also complete color blindness that will only make difference in light stand out. For instance blue will be a darker grey than magenta. There is also no black and white team colors.
OLÉ

Return to “App Growth (eg. Promotions)”