Hashashins(Order of Assassin's)

SirPat

Hashashins(Order of Assassin's)

Post by SirPat »

One of the first military groups of Assassin's from 1090-1275 from the mountains of Persia and Syria
They Assassinated people throughout there campaigns and has there own base within those mountains and I'm still reasearching about this
(FYI: This Isn't Assassin's Creed)
download.jpeg
Screenshot_2019-10-05-08-56-00.png
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Hashashins(Order of Assassin's)

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sorry i had to delete uploaded images, please attack from external source.
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Oh Yeah :? Sorry about that I forgot

But as I was gonna say since we added the persian immortals why not add one of there enemies The Hashashins

I was thinking if this could be a new unit in the game cause I need some assassin's that ddon't Dissapear :lol:

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
IRONBLASTER36

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

how about we add persians?
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

We already have persian immortals

IRONBLASTER36

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

SirPat wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:02 am We already have persian immortals
How about we add a fun unit- Prince of Persia?
IRONBLASTER36

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

IRONBLASTER36 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:48 pm
SirPat wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:02 am We already have persian immortals
How about we add a fun unit- Prince of Persia?
The basic skin

https://images.app.goo.gl/xKYjD5Ldb2r86wpU6

Maybe add other skins from other games like warrior within, forgotten sands,etc. (the above is from the legendary sands of time).

And maybe add the "sand infected soldiers" (forgot what they are called played that series 'bout a decade ago). Well if they touch (attack in this case) to any other flesh unit, they'll also turn into sand soldiers, much like undead. But if they attack a flesh unit they'll turn into them. To counter and balance that we can use some kinda spell which we'll have to put on our units. And prince is naturally resistant to it.
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Well, even so... If these "infected" get in. . .

I would want zombies. :lol:
Which would have a similar mechanic.

Because I have thought up at least half a dozen campaign ideas for them alone.
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

That could be for Aof, enough of that for now I really want better assassin's in the game

StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Understandable. . . I don't like the fact that the assassin dissapears after a kill.

It is fragile with 6 hp?
And can be stepped on.
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

I was planning on making these "Hashashin's" like a normal unit, Not steppable Not Fragile nor tanky and has enough bonus to kill almost all foot tier 2

Stats?
Maybe

23/23 or 25/25 hp
10 dmg
1 range
0/1 A.P
100% resistance
4 move speed
Invisible?

300% bonus on every foot soldier both melee and ranged

SirPat

Post by SirPat »

I was planning on making these "Hashashin's" like a normal unit, Not steppable Not Fragile nor tanky and has enough bonus to kill almost all foot tier 2

Stats?
Maybe

23/23 or 25/25 hp
10 dmg
1 range
0/1 A.P
100% resistance
4 move speed
Invisible?

IRONBLASTER36

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

SirPat wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:19 pm I was planning on making these "Hashashin's" like a normal unit, Not steppable Not Fragile nor tanky and has enough bonus to kill almost all foot tier 2

Stats?
Maybe

23/23 or 25/25 hp
10 dmg
1 range
0/1 A.P
100% resistance
4 move speed
Invisible?

Well resistance should be reduced a bit, how about 70%? And it's cost would be 4 turns and let's make the cost of "Assassin" 3 turns. Assassins are really not that useful.
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Historically they fight for there own cause as a group they don't join anyone else except there fellow Hashashins and besides there assassin's thats like you ordered someone to kill someone then your assassin join forces with the enemy like come on 100% spell resistance is needed so that assassinations would be succesful

IRONBLASTER36

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

SirPat wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:14 pm Historically they fight for there own cause as a group they don't join anyone else except there fellow Hashashins and besides there assassin's thats like you ordered someone to kill someone then your assassin join forces with the enemy like come on 100% spell resistance is needed so that assassinations would be succesful
I mean what if they are bribed?
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Well I dont know if They Do That I'll look it up

IRONBLASTER36

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

SirPat wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:59 am Well I dont know if They Do That I'll look it up
Well no one tells that they took bribes, lol. Aren't their identity and presence kept hidden?
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

These stats are equivalent of soldier with cheap, medium armor.
Too much hp for assasin - even if he survives his suicidal attack he would be compromised - that's why assasin is one-kill only.
Assasin defence is being hidden - it could be inagined as being conclealed as one of our own army or some civilian. That's why being stepped on kills him - it's being revelaed.

He should have low hp. Also low attack and ability dealing damage (or no counterattack).
On the offensive side - why limit his usage to foot soldiers only - being assasinated is the fear of nobility, not common footsoldiers.
Also even if reusable he shouldn't make kill after kill on enemy territory - kill ability should have cooldown.
Age of Strategy design leader
IRONBLASTER36

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

Endru1241 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:40 am These stats are equivalent of soldier with cheap, medium armor.
Too much hp for assasin - even if he survives his suicidal attack he would be compromised - that's why assasin is one-kill only.
Assasin defence is being hidden - it could be inagined as being conclealed as one of our own army or some civilian. That's why being stepped on kills him - it's being revelaed.

He should have low hp. Also low attack and ability dealing damage (or no counterattack).
On the offensive side - why limit his usage to foot soldiers only - being assasinated is the fear of nobility, not common footsoldiers.
Also even if reusable he shouldn't make kill after kill on enemy territory - kill ability should have cooldown.
But they were very trained and expert assassins. Maybe that hp is too much but they should have at least enough hp to survive one strike, they were known for their blending and hiding skills.

If not we'll just add this as a skin option.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

It depends - one strike from whom?

No matter how trained someone is - while unarmored there is no way to fully block the strike from two handed weapon of fully fitted knight.

Reusable assasin (with no ability to destroy buildings) would be fine, but he should be killed by one melee strike. He could survive and arrow or two.

Just image situation:
You suspect there is an assasin somewhere. Few units walk to find him. Finally there he is and he survives 2 or 3 swordsmen, while killing all of them.

It's not real. It's pure fantasy.
It's not balanced either. With bonus on foot soldiers - he could massacre whole groups by himself. One by one. Even if found out.

My proposition for Hashashin:
4-5 turns, 8-13 hp max with no armors (preferably 8), power 6-8 (no higher than swordsman), ability assasinate (works only against alive units dealing 20-30 hp with possible poison effect, cooldown 2-3), stealth, can see stealth.
IRONBLASTER36

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

Endru1241 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:21 am It depends - one strike from whom?

No matter how trained someone is - while unarmored there is no way to fully block the strike from two handed weapon of fully fitted knight.

Reusable assasin (with no ability to destroy buildings) would be fine, but he should be killed by one melee strike. He could survive and arrow or two.

Just image situation:
You suspect there is an assasin somewhere. Few units walk to find him. Finally there he is and he survives 2 or 3 swordsmen, while killing all of them.

It's not real. It's pure fantasy.
It's not balanced either. With bonus on foot soldiers - he could massacre whole groups by himself. One by one. Even if found out.

My proposition for Hashashin:
4-5 turns, 8-13 hp max with no armors (preferably 8), power 6-8 (no higher than swordsman), ability assasinate (works only against alive units dealing 20-30 hp with possible poison effect, cooldown 2-3), stealth, can see stealth.
Seems correct, but I think the hp should be 14-15. Though 3-4 swordsman will mean no escape but they can fight 2 swordsmen. Nope it won't be fantasy, one person fighting 2 people alone was bit common.
And well the advantage they have is stealth! Well they should take damage of at least one strike from a swordsman(example) and 1 archers. They are swift and hence can take cover. And the cooldown should be 1. They are meant to be assassins. They need to be every ready!
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

First of all - one unarmored man with nothing but dagger or short sword fighting two armored foot soldiers on open field and surviving?

Besides real fighters from order of Hashashins were known as fida'i and the term is derived from Arabic: فدائيون fidā'īyūn IPA: [fɪdaːʔɪjuːn], literally meaning: "those who sacrifice themselves" (from wikipedia).
They were expected to not survive!
In their structure was religious belief, that sacrificing themselves for "greater good" guaranteed heaven.

While it cannot be believed completely (only one-sided historical records - of their enemies), one thing is true for any assasins around the entire world - they were often killed right after assassination attempt (doesn't matter if successful).

There is also a balance thing:
- ranger is 4 turn stealth unit. He has 12 hp and 0/2 armor. He has only 4 power with 6 range (in hidden state). He is reusable and quite hard to track down, but deals very small damage (3 turns to kill worker).
- assasin is 4 turn stealth unit. He has 8 hp and 0/0 armor. He is easier to track down ( no speed boosts). He has no range and is one-kill use only.
- hashashin (or maybe better call him fidai) - 4-5 turns stealth unit. He should have 3 speed, as nothing gives precedence or even a reason for being faster. He is just as hard to track as assassin, as he also needs close range to deal damage. But he is reusable with the con of not being able to destroy buildings. So it's something between ranger and assasin. Ranger needs 3-5 turns to kill 1st tier units. I believe fidai should need similar time (cooldown), but to deal with heavier armored, better units.
IRONBLASTER36

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

Endru1241 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:17 pm First of all - one unarmored man with nothing but dagger or short sword fighting two armored foot soldiers on open field and surviving?

Besides real fighters from order of Hashashins were known as fida'i and the term is derived from Arabic: فدائيون fidā'īyūn IPA: [fɪdaːʔɪjuːn], literally meaning: "those who sacrifice themselves" (from wikipedia).
They were expected to not survive!
In their structure was religious belief, that sacrificing themselves for "greater good" guaranteed heaven.

While it cannot be believed completely (only one-sided historical records - of their enemies), one thing is true for any assasins around the entire world - they were often killed right after assassination attempt (doesn't matter if successful).

There is also a balance thing:
- ranger is 4 turn stealth unit. He has 12 hp and 0/2 armor. He has only 4 power with 6 range (in hidden state). He is reusable and quite hard to track down, but deals very small damage (3 turns to kill worker).
- assasin is 4 turn stealth unit. He has 8 hp and 0/0 armor. He is easier to track down ( no speed boosts). He has no range and is one-kill use only.
- hashashin (or maybe better call him fidai) - 4-5 turns stealth unit. He should have 3 speed, as nothing gives precedence or even a reason for being faster. He is just as hard to track as assassin, as he also needs close range to deal damage. But he is reusable with the con of not being able to destroy buildings. So it's something between ranger and assasin. Ranger needs 3-5 turns to kill 1st tier units. I believe fidai should need similar time (cooldown), but to deal with heavier armored, better units.
Agreed, but can we differentiate between heavy armour and normal troops in this engine?
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

We don't have to differentate. Fidai ability would work on any flesh and blood unit. I just ment, that ranger attack is ineffective against heavier armored units, while fidai could deal with them.

Return to “Unit - melee infantry”