Boats moving through land and a wagon.

Anything that does not fit into any other forum inside "Reporting issues".
faolan_macduncan

Boats moving through land and a wagon.

Post by faolan_macduncan »

Screenshot_4.png
So I was playing today when I ran into an interesting development where while moving a great transport I tasked it with going to a point on the other side of a chunk of land weirdly enough instead of going around the land the great transport opted to go through the chunk of land by passing along a route created by a few buildings and a wagon. Thus after moving the wagon as pictured in the second image it allowed me to be able to move the great transport more efficiently to its destination. The reason I bring it up is because as far as I know, boats should not be able to move through land and especially not along a route that includes a wagon.
Screenshot_5.png
Endru1241

Re: Boats moving through land and a wagon.

Post by Endru1241 »

It's actually known "thing" - it's even used in transport puzzle in maps from fans.
It is like that because of isCarrierRemovesTerrainDrawbacks - a field intended to allow units to pass go on transport even if it's on terrain that's normally impassable by unit. It is needed for transports and bridges mainly.
But the only building having field set true should be nordic hall - it has to for viking ship building.

@Stratego (dev) isCarrierRemovesTerrainDrawbacks set true for a wagon was intended?
Age of Strategy design leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Boats moving through land and a wagon.

Post by Stratego (dev) »

not sure, we can turn it off and try.

Return to “Others”