Foot melee units bonuses vs battering rams IMPLEMENTED

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
Endru1241

Foot melee units bonuses vs battering rams IMPLEMENTED

Post by Endru1241 »

Foot melee units (e.g. swordsman) have bonus against siege machines +100%, cavalry (most of them) have +50%.
Cavalry has +100% bonus vs battering rams.
Cavalier deals 30 base damage to battering rams. Man-at-Arms deals 28.
Melee foot units are supposed to be good against siege machines.
Conclusion:
Increase bonus infantry (only these units, that already have siege bonus) to twice current amount, so +200% in case of swordsman.
Age of Strategy design leader
godOfKings

Re: Foot melee units bonuses vs battering rams

Post by godOfKings »

I support increasing bonus against battering rams by melee infantry, both battering rams and fortress have over 100hp,
However, other siege units have lower HP and only cavalry should b more effective against them,

So instead of using siege machine category, either only include battering rams in the bonus modifier against u_fortified_buildings or make a new heavy_siege sub category for battering ram and include that beside bonus list of towers in infantry json

That way infantry will b more effective against rams wen they r hiding in TC, protecting weaker units @Stratego (dev)
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

I didn't write it. But that's my intention.
There is new category of units - siege machine armored - and it's only battering rams (right now).
Cavalry has now has double bonus vs armored siege.
And medium infantry should have +200% against this new category.
Age of Strategy design leader
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I'd say to add into that category also siege tower.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

We already discussed that, along with idea for upgrading siege tower to have 2 speed and allowing it to let range infantry and archers attack, but that will have a different post, may b siege tower revamp
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools

Return to “Unit balancing”