version 1.095

In this forum I post the changes on the DEVELOPER version of the game.
These versions are (at the time i post them) not yet published to google play, only registered testers can download it and test it before publishing.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

version 1.095

Post by Stratego (dev) »

version 1.094 is published
DreJaDe

Re: version 1.095

Post by DreJaDe »

@Stratego (dev)

There is a bug where human Seige unit such as catapult and trebuchet cant enter caravan, towers and TC at all. If they're there it ok, but once you move them out, the can't enter again.

Fls fix.

I already posted this on the issues section but I just want a quick fix so I will also put it here
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i thied: only wagons are buggy (was this the caravan in your post?) on my device - please make sure u have all untis with latest version and test it (in mapeditor and run)
@Alexander82 can u check the wagon bug, and others too if comes out buggy?
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Oh yeah the wagon, right. Sry I was wrong on the others, it's just full but I didn't notice my bad.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

About wagon it is not a bug but they should be able to enter tcs

I will check their json and try
Age of Fantasy design leader
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I have just tested them and they work properly
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

@Alexander82

Just to clear this up, what your point is not the problem and I don't know where you get that. The problem here is the Seige unit not being able to enter wagons.

When this happen always, it kinda gets annoying.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

The thing is that it is beginning of revamping of siege units.
By the way if you didn't notice - into wagons now cavalry also couldn't enter anymore.

Also.
@Stratego (dev) i have added on first 3 maps from *sacred forest" set description and updated a bit fourth map as well as finished one special map i was working last 2 weeks.
I've emailed all 5 to you.

Please add/update them.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

makazuwr32 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:31 am The thing is that it is beginning of revamping of siege units.
By the way if you didn't notice - into wagons now cavalry also couldn't enter anymore.
so it was intentional? imho siege units needs some transfer - so i hope it is only an unwanted side effect.
cavalry is ok to exclude, they are fast anyway.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

@Stratego (dev)

The assassins also cannot enter wagons. Pls fix fast. My whole game is ruined because of this bugs
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, please address Alexander he has the AOF assetpack to modify - thanks!
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Exactly human ranged siege will get second form (transforming) for moving around.
In that form it will get much higher mobility (3 or maybe even 4 speed) but at cost of no attack (0 attack and 0 range).

Other races will also get their own ways to move siege around (orcish one will get speed up to 3, elven o e will get also speed up via ability from one of planning units, dwarves will have special "siege" wagons with 1 carry capacity in which you will be able to move only siege units (humans also will have them for their siege as alternate variant and also for their battering rams), undeads will get meleeing siege which will have special ability to speed up itself (max speed will be 6)).

The reason for that is because right now (well not now but a bit ago) when you have 2 wagons full of siege you were able to demolish in single turn 1-3 mega buildings or much higher amount of lesser buildings.
Also another reason is that wagons are sized around normal human and such big units like trebushet (it could reach up to 15 meters and its weight could be up to 1500 kg which is a bit too much for regular wagon with 3 horses) should not be movable in normal wagons with such speeds and in such amounts.

As for assasin i don't know about it. This one seems to be a bug.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Exactly human ranged siege will get second form (transforming) for moving around.
In that form it will get much higher mobility (3 or maybe even 4 speed) but at cost of no attack (0 attack and 0 range).
sounds good but until it is ready it needs wagons to transfer them
also after i would let them in but it can be excluded if you and alex like that way.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Alright.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Okay

I summon you @Alexander82
Pls read properly what is in the top. :D
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

@Stratego (dev) if you can add the infantry category to assassin it will be able to enter the wagon (It isn't jsoned yet)

About siege I can add their moving form in the same amount of time needed to change all wagons category.

I will make 2 temporary images and json their 2nd form.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i cannot add category, we need to json it to do that.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Just asking, how much time does it take to do that? Does catapult entering wagons will be gone forever? I will miss catapult shuffling in castle.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

DreJaDe wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:16 pm Just asking, how much time does it take to do that? Does catapult entering wagons will be gone forever? I will miss catapult shuffling in castle.
Well in normal wagons yes it will be gone forever.
Normal wagons are taken from real life in which they are able to hold only human sized objects. Not such big (in reality) things like catapults and especially in such amounts.

Humans probably could get later siege wagons with 1 or 2 at most carry capacity.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Anyway I have always seen the siege into wagon as a plus.

Siehe units can actually move (at a slow pace)

It is meant for them to be slow and they compensate with high range and damage.

They will switch to a more realistic transport mode and deployed mode (trebuchets couldn't actually move when they were readyed for shooting) but in general their movement should be limited compared to other units.

Humans have now very powerful alternatives and siege will retain their role as siege units (but that will require further changes)
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

But this is AOFantasy right? So why not magical wagon or something. Whatever. I know this is useless. Lol
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

DreJaDe wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:16 am But this is AOFantasy right? So why not magical wagon or something. Whatever. I know this is useless. Lol
Well, it is, but it must make a minimal sense... You just can't adress everything as magic... For me a new stat for unit mass would be interesting for these cases but i'm ok with these changes... Since it would be like using the good old trebouchet from AOE...

And these are just simple heavy wooden machineries, not magic of any sort... If they get animated somehow, perhaps they can move and act without problems, maybe can even grow some arms and legs to stand... You know where this goes... That you can consider... But it isn't a human thing anyway...

I'm just wondering how AI will work with them after this...
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes AI is a big problem, we must not make them form changing until AI can handle them , othervise AI will move all trebuchets and catapults in their moving form to the enemy and they will die without attacking.

or at least it needs to be tested how AI handles them, if it never turns them to "packed" form than AI will work the same as working now.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Meanwhile...
@Stratego (dev) when my updated and new maps will be added in the latest dev version?

They are not yet in it and i need to test work of triggers.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

I just hope the fix's release date would be within days and not weeks (I consider this a fix since what you devs plans is still not finished also because of the assassins).
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

New units:
Wight Highlander
Dwarven Swordsman
Dwarven Axe Thrower
Human Pegasus Rider
Warfell Pegasus Knight
Human Gryphon Rider
Imperial Gryphon Rider
Human Crossbowman
most of them with their upgrades

Also extra Dwarf upgrades for Warrior, Billman, Hammer fighter, Axe thrower, Crossbows

New:
ingame chat can be copyed to clipboard (for eg. put it to google translator)
Change:some fixes on querying multipalyer game statuses (eg. your turn notifications)

uos 20
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

makazuwr32 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:10 am Meanwhile...
@Stratego (dev) when my updated and new maps will be added in the latest dev version?

They are not yet in it and i need to test work of triggers.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

they are all in - i thought i wrote u in email few days ago
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Oh ok. Thanks.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Sent you, @Stratego (dev) latest version of my "Battle of Forts" map with several fixes in triggers. Please put it in and update dev version on server.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “DEVELOPER version changes”