Halflings discussion

Savra

Halflings discussion

Post by Savra »

Halflings or hobbits discussion page only no units and stats just suggestions for starts.

Mine right now are:

Hobbit/halfling priest

Halfling slinger (instead of human slinger)

Halfling squire

Goat knight (mountain walk)

Halfling hero

Halfling mage

Halfling stabber low cost spamming unit. No bonuses.
General Brave

Re: Halflings discussion

Post by General Brave »

Goat knight sounds pretty interesting.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Here's an example of how they will look.
Attachments
Master hobbit stabber.png
Master hobbit stabber.png (763 Bytes) Viewed 2516 times
Elite hobbit stabber.png
Elite hobbit stabber.png (822 Bytes) Viewed 2516 times
Hobbit stabber.png
Hobbit stabber.png (740 Bytes) Viewed 2516 times
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I was thinking to ask @Stratego (dev) if it is possible to add 3 new strings for jsons that are

HasDodgeCounterBonusAgainst:
HasDodgeRangedBonusAgainst:
HasDodgeMeleeBonusAgainst:

This is because I want some units to have specific bonus against giants/dragons/ents and such

For example halfling might not necessarily cost less but they might have lower stats but dodge and maybe extra dodge against giants/dragons/ents

Some units (e.g. Samurai) Might have bonus dodge against infantry

Also if you have a certain unit/category that have bonus against you (that is something that normally would nullify your dodge melee/ranged stat against it), you retain the chance to dodge if it is in the specific dodge bonus list.

let's make an example: An halfling pikeman might have dodge melee bonus against cavalry (it is just an example) so it can dodge a knight charge even if knights have bonus against infantry and would normally 100% hit
Age of Fantasy design leader
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Alexander82 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:16 am I was thinking to ask @Stratego (dev) if it is possible to add 3 new strings for jsons that are

HasDodgeCounterBonusAgainst:
HasDodgeRangedBonusAgainst:
HasDodgeMeleeBonusAgainst:

This is because I want some units to have specific bonus against giants/dragons/ents and such

For example halfling might not necessarily cost less but they might have lower stats but dodge and maybe extra dodge against giants/dragons/ents

Some units (e.g. Samurai) Might have bonus dodge against infantry

Also if you have a certain unit/category that have bonus against you (that is something that normally would nullify your dodge melee/ranged stat against it), you retain the chance to dodge if it is in the specific dodge bonus list.

let's make an example: An halfling pikeman might have dodge melee bonus against cavalry (it is just an example) so it can dodge a knight charge even if knights have bonus against infantry and would normally 100% hit
Ah, i didn't knew that. So for example. If you have an unit that owns 50% dodge rate and someone attacks you with an unit that owns 100% dmg bonus to you, the attacker would ignore totally these 50% dodge rate from the unit and never miss the attack?
-And with these new atributes, it would reduce/ignore the bonus damage of the attacker or allow it to avoid the attack aswell? but if is the second option, isn't easier to put dodge attribute above bonus damage on the priorities on the attack calculation? That way, an unit would have a chance to avoid even if an unit was bonus dmg against it.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Yes if unit has bonus against other unit attacker will never miss even if defender has 9001% dodge chance. But this is only applies for basic melee and ranged dodges, dodge counter ignores bonuses.

New dodges would be like second chance of dodge against specific units (like samurais would have additional chance against infantries to dodge their attacks).
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

We might implement some halfling/hobbit in game. I would make images based on hobbits used in campaigns.

Also we should think about their role

Some of them should fill the role of cheap fast units (1cost, similar to goblin spikers) so i guess they might be basic unit (no embassy needed).

What do you think?
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

In the hobbit weren't they traveling with dwarves?

Actually whom of which race do they befriend?
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

In lotr the company was pretty mixed up anyway
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Moved to human subraces since it was accepted to make halflings as sub for humans.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Subraces - Humans”