Announcement: GEMS!!!

COOLguy

Announcement: GEMS!!!

Post by COOLguy »

Gem Payout for the first Tournament: On the Forum I outlined four ways to earn gems:

-"salary" I was thinking that each league should get 80 gems. The league directors can determine how to distribute.

-league championships I think the leagues should get 100 gems for the payout for their championships. Again I'd let the directors distribute. Leagues are the highest level of organization so far.

-King of Strategy Award I would like to pay out to third place for this time. (Champions and runners-up from both leagues play each other.) 100, 50, and 25 gems respectively.

-Strongest League Award I think we can give 80 gems to the stronger league this time.

What I mean by the directors are in charge of distribution is that they will inform Daniel who gets how many gems in their league. This is one way that the directors set rules. The "league championship" payout is determined by placement. "salary" and "Strongest League Award" can be set by name or placement.
balint and ejm: I think I'd advise you for this one to distribute the salary evenly. Or at least if you decide some other way to announce with enough time for your members to respond.

I don't want to set it too high, but I also want to make sure we will give enough gems. So guys let me know what you think. Unless someone has really objections to this, it is the official payout. And then I might edit this post to be more official. :)
Last edited by COOLguy on Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks!
Josh
max-damage

Re: Announcement: GEMS!!!

Post by max-damage »

Sounds cool...
It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder if you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

It is cool...
Thanks!
Josh
balint

Post by balint »

:D
Actually, I think it will be a quite big overflow of gems.
This is Hungary and winter is coming.
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

Not really...the distribution among the players will dilute the concentration considerably, especially if we get a lot more players...and remember, the 80-gems for player salaries are for an entire season/post-season/championship series...it isn't 80 gems per week...it's 80 gems for a league for a 6 month period...
It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder if you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

It will be a flood at the beginning perhaps (maximum payout to one person could be quite a bit) , but we will develop ways to spend the dough. Like more consumables or the hero ideas. But what do you think the amounts should be lowered to?
Thanks!
Josh
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

If you average it out over a 6-month period and figure the average person completes one campaign map per week for 4 gems, then double that to 8 gems x 26 weeks= 208 gems, i don't think the standing list is too unreasonable...after all, anyone is free to join into the league and participate...once Daniel Puts some promo for the league on the app's main menu page, we'll probably see more players joining...
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Okay, max.
Yes I did try to balance it out, so I guess it is ok. :)
We'll get rolling soon!
Thanks!
Josh
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

Sweet...I'm not really concerned about gems at this point...i want to get more players involved and get the groundwork lain for a successful organisation...it just takes time and a lot of organising...
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I hear ya! :)
Thanks!
Josh
ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

Sounds pretty balanced to me! *looks at gems greedily*
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."
ollie444

Post by ollie444 »

max-damage wrote:If you average it out over a 6-month period and figure the average person completes one campaign map per week for 4 gems, then double that to 8 gems x 26 weeks= 208 gems, i don't think the standing list is too unreasonable...after all, anyone is free to join into the league and participate...once Daniel Puts some promo for the league on the app's main menu page, we'll probably see more players joining...

get the groundwork lain for a successful organisation
You sound like a professional businessman, but put it like this:

If you win the 200 gems, that's equivalent to completing FIFTY campaign maps-
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

ollie444 wrote:
max-damage wrote:If you average it out over a 6-month period and figure the average person completes one campaign map per week for 4 gems, then double that to 8 gems x 26 weeks= 208 gems, i don't think the standing list is too unreasonable...after all, anyone is free to join into the league and participate...once Daniel Puts some promo for the league on the app's main menu page, we'll probably see more players joining...

Ok, so you want it lower? Payout over top 3 (100, 50, 25) might be better do you think?
Thanks!
Josh
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

COOLguy wrote:
ollie444 wrote:

Ok, so you want it lower? Payout over top 3 (100, 50, 25) might be better do you think?
Hey Ollie. Can you answer the question please? :) Just yes or no will do. ;)
Thanks!
Josh
ollie444

Post by ollie444 »

COOLguy wrote:
ollie444 wrote:

Hey Ollie. Can you answer the question please? :) Just yes or no will do. ;)
Yes 8-)
ollie444

Post by ollie444 »

Because, if you win like ten matches in a tournament, and are the champion, you are getting 10 gems per match, more reasonable than twenty I think.
Additionally you have all the other gems coming in from the tournament leagues, so 100 should be ample. You could give away something special for the winner. Like a title to be put in front of their name, like [champion]. If they are the current champion, it is green, otherwise black.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

ok :)
Thanks!
Josh
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

ollie444 wrote:

I am a professional businessman...I've been a business manager for over 20 years...but y'all seem to have worked out the bugs..my compliments, guys... ;-)
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

And it's only 50 maps if you hit the minimum turn limit on every map...
RiverRaider 1097

Post by RiverRaider 1097 »

When do the gems get divided up? or will they yet or have they already?
and remember,wherever your at,there you are
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

I'm not sure if the "salary" gems were distributed, yet, or not, but the reward gems for winners will probably get posed out at the end of the championship...that was the plan before i was absentized.... :-P
ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

The salarys have not been distributed yet, I expect that both will be given after the tournament :)
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."
RiverRaider 1097

Oh OK thanks guys )
poeticquestion

Post by poeticquestion »

I could really use some gems tbh. Pretty difficult to fight in tourneys without crossbow men xD
Expectations ruin relationships...
RiverRaider 1097

That it would, sorry dude I had no idea :o
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

poeticquestion wrote: Pretty difficult to fight in tourneys without crossbow men xD
Wow! I am impressed! :)
Thanks!
Josh
ollie444

Post by ollie444 »

Hehehe I have everything unlocked. :twisted:
RiverRaider 1097

we need more BLOODY gems, ask :mrgreen: