AI has access to all of the upgrades ANSWERED

faolan_macduncan

AI has access to all of the upgrades ANSWERED

Post by faolan_macduncan »

So I am having an issue where I am just starting out and have next to no upgrades and it seems the AI has all of them. This has made it very hard for me to win any of the missions I try to play because by the time I manage to get my production up and running the AI has already upgraded all of their units which makes it next to impossible to beat them. This was an issue I used to have while playing AOF until one of the devs employed a fix where they made it so that the AI could only use the upgrades that the player had unlocked and I was wondering if it was possible if something similar could be done here.
Field marshal Mick

Re: AI has access to all of the upgrades

Post by Field marshal Mick »

It would seem like the AI has an advantage but remember one thing. You are real and AI is artificial and it needs a little edge to make the game more of a challenge. AI has a set of rules that it must follow while you have the capability to adapt, improvise and overcome. I too struggled when I started out but the more I play the better my skills are. Although there are some maps that are more difficult than others( and some are downright OP) the game is set up so you should have no problem with earning gems to get upgrades. When I have trouble with a map I will set it aside and look for easier ones to get more gems. I return to the map latter when I have become more powerful. There are also maps that allow no upgrades and puts you up against a 10 to 1 ratio. The key word is strategy. As for AOF I think it has more complex system of upgrades and spells and probably needed the fix to balance out things. I don't care much for fantasy stuff. I have plenty of witches and trolls in real life that I have to deal with.
He who gets there Firstus with the Mostus
makazuwr32

Re: AI has access to all of the upgrades

Post by makazuwr32 »

We are working on balancing aof.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: AI has access to all of the upgrades ANSWERED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

answer here: intentional that AI has all upgrades to use - to make players get all upgrades too.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

but it is true, in default map where u r forced to play without upgrades, ai making elephants and cavaliers is op

mostly u just have to defend till u have huge catapult spams to win. and u can try converting the more op units with healers and conversion tech
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

what is a default map?
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Upgrades not enabled map, where player has to use default units only (basically same difficulty as someone who hasn't unlocked any upgrade yet)
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

oh, i see!
do we have such ? :)
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

In my campaign, I didn't enable upgrade in a few maps which gives ai advantage, but I also didn't add any factory building for player so it doesn't really matter, he has to use wat units he have to destroy enemy factory quickly (but because of the fear of elephants I can't give ai any stable early on...)

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, than those maps are ok.

Return to “AI”