Dead Nobles — ARCHIVED

Dagravian

Dead Nobles — ARCHIVED

Post by Dagravian »

I'm planing a campaign map with these, but i will post here so you guys can be aware of what's coming.

"These aristocrats, which can be either ghosts or undead corpses, can float about, disappear and reappear, dance together, and even wield weapons, being mostly rapiers. Moving with cunning grace, closing swiftly upon any foe."

So, i was wondering, what if a spirit from a highly trained aristocrat from century 12-16 comes back from the dead? Made one guy, firstly with just the clothes, then with hat later on... It ended very cool.
Dead Baron 1.png
Dead Baron 1.png (650 Bytes) Viewed 3584 times
So why not add team color and make upgrades for it?
Starting with the Fencer, then the Baron and finally the Duke. (i like those names)
Dead Fencer.png
Dead Fencer.png (607 Bytes) Viewed 3584 times
Dead Baron.png
Dead Baron.png (661 Bytes) Viewed 3584 times
Dead Duke.png
Dead Duke.png (722 Bytes) Viewed 3584 times
I didn't figured starts yet, maybe something like a mix of "elven sword dancer" and "orc giants" but some things i want to see are.

- Be Build in the mansion and maybe somewhere else.
- It can float around, so no terrain penalty.
- Since we don't have teleport skill, maybe a boosting aura to allies due noblese status.
- Thunder enchant to the sword (i was too much lazy to add a lightning effect to the rapier, but i would like to see that.)
- Ignore dodge (advanced fencing skills + floating + teleport makes it faster beyond limits of flesh, so you can't avoid, you can only resist)
- Decent dodge rate for itself on both melee and ranged. (not so op, just slightly better than the elves one)
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Gral.Sturnn

Re: Dead Nobles

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

I like this it is pretty original ill attach an image that might help fiture designs
Attachments
mens-hats-different-classes-society-13th-16th-century-14937018.jpg
mens-hats-different-classes-society-13th-16th-century-14937018.jpg (85.43 KiB) Viewed 3575 times
~Gral.Sturnn
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Too much of everything.
Ignore dodges, flying, speed...
Just no.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Undead Noble sounds like a good idea, but wouldn't humans need one. Also is it campaign or unit idea.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Gral.Sturnn wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:28 am I like this it is pretty original ill attach an image that might help fiture designs
Cool, i made this with an european aproach of century 17th (Since I like these clothes and style), but would nice to see some with Middle East aswell.
makazuwr32 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:41 am Too much of everything.
Ignore dodges, flying, speed...
Just no.
General Brave wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:04 am Undead Noble sounds like a good idea, but wouldn't humans need one. Also is it campaign or unit idea.
I'm making them for a campaign (as already said on the first line), so they will be map editor only... Liking or not, they will have those, but if you like them after playing the campaign, you can request for public release.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Well, some of you guys might be aware that my stuff gone, and that includes the half made jsons of this one... So right now, you can suggest whatever stats you want to this (I still would like to see with the ones i made, but now... Whatever...). My only request is that you guys suggest it with stats between 5 to 8 turns.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Well let's see.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I like the images but generally fencers weren't that good on a battlefield.
Age of Fantasy design leader
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Yep, but their focus wans't frontline, fencing was created for duels and close combat, using technique for precise attacks on the weak spots of the enemy, delivering big punishment for the smallest mistakes... And not for crowd combat of the frontlines. For a normal fencer at least, would be hard to deal with a couple of full plate knights at same time, since rapiers and sabers weren't made to pierce big armors... But would not be a problem to this one, merging characteristics of fencing with the characteristics of a spirit, you will have a formidable opponent that will just ignore your armor (in both sense of avoiding to hit it to hit the weak spot and also as just passing by the armor as ghost form). He could appear behind them and stab from behind, go above you and stab their head, go underground and stab from bellow. Or instantly stab through helmet visor... Those knights would be dead and would not even know what had hit them.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

It might make sense this way. We should also plan stats carefully, tough
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Great idea.
Savra

Post by Savra »

DoomsdayDragonfire wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:51 am I'm planing a campaign map with these, but i will post here so you guys can be aware of what's coming.

"These aristocrats, which can be either ghosts or undead corpses, can float about, disappear and reappear, dance together, and even wield weapons, being mostly rapiers. Moving with cunning grace, closing swiftly upon any foe."

So, i was wondering, what if a spirit from a highly trained aristocrat from century 12-16 comes back from the dead? Made one guy, firstly with just the clothes, then with hat later on... It ended very cool. Dead Baron 1.png

So why not add team color and make upgrades for it?
Starting with the Fencer, then the Baron and finally the Duke. (i like those names)
Dead Fencer.png
Dead Baron.png
Dead Duke.png

I didn't figured starts yet, maybe something like a mix of "elven sword dancer" and "orc giants" but some things i want to see are.

- Be Build in the mansion and maybe somewhere else.
- It can float around, so no terrain penalty.
- Since we don't have teleport skill, maybe a boosting aura to allies due noblese status.
- Thunder enchant to the sword (i was too much lazy to add a lightning effect to the rapier, but i would like to see that.)
- Ignore dodge (advanced fencing skills + floating + teleport makes it faster beyond limits of flesh, so you can't avoid, you can only resist)
- Decent dodge rate for itself on both melee and ranged. (not so op, just slightly better than the elves one)
Wasn't the baron already suggested?
Here it is:http://www.ageofstrategy.net/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=6029

Course it could be set as a serpent like unit and yours be higher ranking ones.
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Totally forgot this one :o :lol:

Well, it seens it was, tho, it is just a title, we can change their rankings anytime... Btw one is a skeleton and the other a noble ghost, still, i didn't sorted any stats for it.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Btw aside skeletons undeads won't have leveled subs. So if they are ghosts they will have a single tier
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

For long ago I want some True ghost fighters :)

My idea if you want to share your thoughts, they have quite similar function, not apparence thouh.
Wraiths:

http://www.ageofstrategy.net/viewtopic. ... 2a1bfdca23
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Archived.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Archived - Undead Units, Buildings”