The Veil - Concept.

Midonik

Re: The Veil - Concept.

Post by Midonik »

They are huuuuuuge compared to other images. Like, bigger than basic hamletback used to be. Generaly, they are just a bit smaller than most of gigants that I'm not sure if is intended.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

It is all about perspective, giant units kinda have a problem with it, like hamletback is clearly smaller than ettin, but both almost reach the limit of the tile size, they must be smaller to fit the 64px limit, for example, all the dragons probably would break the limit since they could easilly pass 20 meters, while the biggest ettins, hardly go over 10m and the biggest hamletbacks, would not pass 6m... But on tile size, they all are on the same boat... Same for dwarfs, they are half sized compared to a human, but some imgs, they have same size with some being bigger, kinda odd but as i mentioned, is all about perspective, they could be closer to appear more details of armor and stuff or whatever.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

You are kind of right about that.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

May be true but thats why I say game wise.
Anyone who sees a unit that huge gonna assume its a giant and treat it as a giant unless you clearly stats in the description its not
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Np, i will make sure to provide a clear description on their research description + on their own unit descriptions aswell about that...

Anyway, since we were talking about big guys... I will not say much about, but they belong to alchemist workshop. Also i had others, but they were lost... Anyway.

This abomination was made merging the best parts of the each of many corpses used on process of creating this hulk like beast.
Abomination - Ghoul Warrior.png
Abomination - Ghoul Warrior.png (1.16 KiB) Viewed 3893 times
This one is made on same process, but like when making a recipe, things might go bad if you follow it wrong, this one was a premature release, so it came full of problems like it being blind, and have only one usefull arm... but instead of dispose it, the alchemists decided to tie a massive hammer in his arm.
Abomination- Goliath.png
Abomination- Goliath.png (1.35 KiB) Viewed 3893 times
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Can someone archive this? I don't have worked on this on a very long time and have little-to-no will to continue with it.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

We are currently implementing death knight expansion for undeads.

I haven't still read through all the veil proposal but the others were already mentioning the veil as one of the next undead subs we'll work to.

We might still implement a few daemons/devils before though.

Consider that we are a small group and the fact we aren't posting on a topic doesn't mean we are giving up that project.

I think that the veil might be the counterpart of argent for humans.
Age of Fantasy design leader
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Well, not posting isn't the problem, the problem is that I don't have much more will to do something else for this bcz i do rarelly play AOF nowdays, just sometimes when my friends ask for a match... But since they suffer from that well know problem it is quite rare...

Also, with so many balancing priorities and other stuff to bump undeads undergoing that are really important and welcome, i think it will be best to wait them to come, it will take time, i know, and after all, start back with this if i still remain any will to it. Right now, i will just enjoy what we have and the new stuff to come.

Anyway, i created so many content that to make everything, it would take more turns than dwarfs and scalefolk stuff together, so i will cut many non-relevant things and restructure it sometime in between to be less "age of veil farming/boredom" to became more original and dinamic... :p
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Please don't touch any content you made already for the veil.
We maybe will find some way to use it anyway.

Also work right now is going much faster than before.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Agree with maka
Lots of work is being done.
Wont take long now before undeads get what they been needing and more
Furthermore most likely this will be in game after seeing how undeads turn out
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

We can use what you have.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Sorry maybe I've lost some pieces but I didn't see it as a ready project since they mostly had no images.

I thought it was mostly a discussion in development.

I think that they might be the faction in the middle of undeads and required for devils and demons summoning.

(so undeads can have their "embassy" where they have cultists as a requirement to summon evil supernatural beings).
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Alexander82 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:08 am Sorry maybe I've lost some pieces but I didn't see it as a ready project since they mostly had no images.

I thought it was mostly a discussion in development.

I think that they might be the faction in the middle of undeads and required for devils and demons summoning.

(so undeads can have their "embassy" where they have cultists as a requirement to summon evil supernatural beings).
I took some time to play the game and see how it could be placed nowdays, and most of the stuff do require changes... So rebuild it is a must on this...

It had a large discussion, and actually, i keept most of the img assets hidden (for that surprise effect on release, but once a while i did posted something), tho, since i'm not working on it anymore, i can send you the img assets i still own so you can put someone else to work on it (to re-do, edit or whatever), so you can decide what to do with it, bcz right now... I just don't want to work with it...
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Why don't you come in the discord channel?

Undeads should get some expansion after dwarven implementation of basic army
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

I rarelly got time to check it, and since it isn't a must for me, i just don't mind about using that, but if there is a better place to reach you or Daniel, i think i can at least check how it is going nowdays...
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Thr board is the best place for permanent discussion but Discord is faster when we need to work actively
Shark guy 35

Death cult

Post by Shark guy 35 »

In many fantasy games there are cults of people who worship the undead gods and practice necromancy, often doing both in secret. It might be interesting to have some units that are humans but are allied with the undead.
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week".
-General George S. Patton
makazuwr32

Re: Death cult

Post by makazuwr32 »

Already in plans as a sub for undeads.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Alexander82

Re: Death cult

Post by Alexander82 »

Return to “Subraces - Undeads”