Diving - ANSWERED

Typhoon

Diving - ANSWERED

Post by Typhoon »

Inspired by this card
086.jpg
086.jpg (60.53 KiB) Viewed 2392 times
Gives skeletons foot units or/and zombies ability to transform into diving version (image related it can be simple half of head sticking out of water) which grants them invisibility in water but reduce their attack to 0
Im not coming. Im impending
makazuwr32

Re: Diving

Post by makazuwr32 »

Actually i like this idea but one tiny problem - this transform must be availible only in water but skeletons are amphibious units. It must not be availible on land/bridges.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

we can make the diving transformation only able to walk on water, on land it will have 0 movement but stealth so basically digging underground, if u want to make it move transform it again next turn.

so beware where u step for a skeleton might grab ur foot
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

godOfKings wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:21 pm we can make the diving transformation only able to walk on water, on land it will have 0 movement but stealth so basically digging underground, if u want to make it move transform it again next turn.

so beware where u step for a skeleton might grab ur foot
:lol:
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Actually this gives me idea for skeleton/zombie based trap

Stealth mode cannot b stepped on like submarine, but they get 1 tile aura that effects any flesh and blood enemy that steps next to them (including sea infantry)

Zombie aura "you suddenly got ambushed by a zombie hiding under you, and the zombie BIT you, now you will soon b zombified like the rest of them"

Aura requires the tech in zombie rebalance topic, and will zombify enemy after a set number of turns unless exorcised or cured

Skeleton aura "a skeleton grabbed your leg from below you, you pulled too hard, now limper your way out of these cursed lands if u can"

Aura doesn't require anything, unit doesn't get damage but loses -1 speed that lasts 2-3 turns, can b removed by healing

Drawbacks for skeletons/zombies acting as traps
•Enemy player can see unit cannot move on a certain tile so obviously something fishy is hiding there
•Even if the unit do get debuff aura, zombie/skeleton has 0 attack in transform mode so can b easily attacked and killed (since they r visible at melee range)
•zombie/skeleton won't have any action remaining after transforming so they can only FLEE (the irony.... :lol: :lol: :lol: ) however this drawback can b removed by giving an action increasing buff spell (if undead have any such spells) or if a special (and weak) zombie rusher like unit is implemented with higher speed and 2 action, then he can counter attack after transforming

Whether this (and other traps) work on giant units is debatable
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Alexander82

Re: Diving - ANSWERED

Post by Alexander82 »

this is basically what undeads already do (they can't walk on water but they walk UNDER water)
Age of Fantasy design leader
Menselot

Post by Menselot »

Well it isn't represented that good in the game...
Last edited by Menselot on Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fantasy > 40k
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Engine has its limits
Age of Fantasy design leader

Return to “Archived - Undead Technologies and Spells”