me 262 IMPLEMENTED

Ayush Tiwari

Re: me 262

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

Belfry777 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:34 pm Here is another try.
Nice try,but the slits seemed better in previous one...
Homo homini lupus
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

I still think the second try is better but we need a second opinion on this.
A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
Hyacintho

Post by Hyacintho »

I think I can find the time for this, to make both an image and a JSON. I'll research real war characteristics and make the stats based on that, Ill post them here once I've finished. I might have both done by Sunday (2 days, unless my math is wrong. I certainly hope it isn't).
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

cool! however stats we make via the XLS, please do that if u make stats - thanks!.
Hyacintho

Post by Hyacintho »

Here they are, all entered on the XLS. I'll send it to you soon.

Cost: 8 (This plane is extremely powerful, one of the few that can face a Messerschmitt BF109.)

HP: 30

Attack: 12

Armor: 3/3

Speed: 13

Sight: 9

BONUSES:

Planes- 150%, 100% as is usual plus 50% for speed.

Buildings and Ships- 270% This plane doubled as a dive bomber.

Everything else- 100% Meaning this plane does minimum 24 damage to most, if not all units in the game.

Here is the image and JSON. Are there any suggestions for it?
Attachments
unit_ger_plane_me_262.png
unit_ger_plane_me_262.png (2.81 KiB) Viewed 3857 times
unit_ger_plane_messerschmitt_262.json
(3.52 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
Last edited by Hyacintho on Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hyacintho

Post by Hyacintho »

Here is screen shot of the plane in comparison to others.
Attachments
20190112_121839.jpg
20190112_121839.jpg (193.52 KiB) Viewed 3871 times
Hyacintho

Post by Hyacintho »

I've updated the picture with proper shadow.

Here is the name string. <string name="UNIT_GER_PLANE_MESSERSCHMITT">Messerschmit 262</string>
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I definitely think the planes are overated in this game.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

Midonik wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:03 pm I definitely think the planes are overated in this game.
Yeah,they do,but its actually overrated in most of the games of world war,tho we can balance it with anti-airs and stuffs,the current anti airs aren't reliable enough
Homo homini lupus
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I would decrease the damage they deal, they weren't that deadly. Basically no plane could effectively destroy single units during battle. Rally points? Yeah sure. Bridges? Why not. Fortifications? That's what we are for. But single units aren't, both infantry and tanks, aren't good targets for planes. I suggest decrease the damage to ground units by 10 (through bonuses), also maybe lower bonus to infantry for bombers at least. Sort of not topic for that.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
Hyacintho

Post by Hyacintho »

I can open or find a topic for that discussion. I've actually heard a lot about overpowered planes, I think it's time for that discussion to take place.

In the meantime, though, for this topic, you reckon the image is good? I think the wings need to be curved a little, or maybe shortened.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I dunno. Looks good.
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

I like the attention this topic is receiving and nice to see you again Hachintho! First lets start with the image. The image is a bit stubby in my opinion but I do agree that it is better than my first and second try (Image below for an idea). The nose and tail are tapered and the winges are swept back. As for stats, this plane was fast and had some "OK" armament but that was really all it had. It's armor was very low and on may ocations the P51 was able to shoot down the ME-262 because of this weakness. So I propose the stats below.

Note: Snarch has a wonderful idea on making the airforce better on AOWW so I think we should stop until he gives the ok.

Cost: 8 (This plane is extremely powerful, one of the few that can face a Messerschmitt BF109 [Or P51 Mustang].)

HP: 20-25 Not much health

Attack: 12

Armor: 1/1 Not much armor

Speed: 13

Sight: 9

BONUSES:

Planes- 150%, 100% as is usual plus 50% for speed.

Ships- 120%

Note: "This plane doubled as a dive bomber." Actually this plane was possibly going to be a bomber but it wasn't. There was another plane known as the "Blitz bomber" wich was the first JET bomber.
Hyacintho

Post by Hyacintho »

It is nice to see all of the old faces again, you, Ayush, and Samuelch. I think AoWW is about to go through another developmental renaissance.

As for the plane, it seems these stats are good. I got the original stats via XLS but I reckon it's safe to alter them.

However, if we are to weaken this plane I would suggest lowering the cost to seven. I said the plane could face a Messerschmitt 109, but even then it'd only escape with 1 HP. Lowering armor and health would make this plane rather weak in comparison, able to be one shoted by a Messerschmitt like practically every other fighter plane in the game, excluding bombers and possibly the P-47.

Hopefully, the plane remastering endeavour will remedy this, though.

I saw in the Properties section of its Wikepedia page that it did have a bomb carrying capacity and bomb weight, though I don't know if these applied only to certain variations of the Me 262. I modeled the stats after the (A-2?) variant. I never read that much about the plane, so I could be wrong.

As for the image, I thought it'd need more work. I'll put some revisions on it sometime, but I'm going to be busy again this week, so I don't know if I'll find the time to do it soon.
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

Hyacintho wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:32 am It is nice to see all of the old faces again, you, Ayush, and Samuelch. I think AoWW is about to go through another developmental renaissance.

As for the plane, it seems these stats are good. I got the original stats via XLS but I reckon it's safe to alter them.

However, if we are to weaken this plane I would suggest lowering the cost to seven. I said the plane could face a Messerschmitt 109, but even then it'd only escape with 1 HP. Lowering armor and health would make this plane rather weak in comparison, able to be one shoted by a Messerschmitt like practically every other fighter plane in the game, excluding bombers and possibly the P-47.

Hopefully, the plane remastering endeavour will remedy this, though.

I saw in the Properties section of its Wikepedia page that it did have a bomb carrying capacity and bomb weight, though I don't know if these applied only to certain variations of the Me 262. I modeled the stats after the (A-2?) variant. I never read that much about the plane, so I could be wrong.

As for the image, I thought it'd need more work. I'll put some revisions on it sometime, but I'm going to be busy again this week, so I don't know if I'll find the time to do it soon.
Hyacintho:The bombs were light weighted,and wasnt their main function,
I would actually prefer if it is better comapred to mustang p-51,tho messerschmit 109 should be balanced with it...
Homo homini lupus
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

Agreed, I have never done major study's on the ME-262 however I never came across a Bomb carring version so I will need to look more into that. Yet I think we will stay with fighter version so it can couter the P-51.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: me 262 IMPLEMENTED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

it is in xls, and impelemnted, also requires last age invention.

Return to “Implemented/Closed ones”