Dwarven Blacksmith (Unit) — REJECTED

RandomdudeNo123

Dwarven Blacksmith (Unit) — REJECTED

Post by RandomdudeNo123 »

Stats: Identical to the basic Dwarven workers, but with a +1 in both armour and offence.
Cost: 3 turns.
Ability: Forge: Give a unit a permanent Veteran Power Effect (Permanent +1/+1). Cooldown: 2
In-game description: While many dwarves take up sword and axe to defend their homelands, other dwarves take up the blacksmith's trade to further improve on the craftsmanship of their fathers. Using their smithing skills, these dwarves permanently upgrade your units.

Hello there! Before you judge the somewhat strange unit I've created, let me explain why I decided to create it. The dwarven faction is one of the best factions in creating powerful defences, with sturdy guard towers and powerful megastructures. However, even with all this defensive power, the dwarven player does not have a good endpoint to work towards. Orcs can work towards Master Orc Warriors and Uruk Upgrades, Elves can eventually gain insane dodge rates, and so forth. Dwarves do not gain any upgrades to their basic units, which renders their turtling more of an annoyance than a threat. With this unit, a dwarven player can begin to build a small powerhouse squadron of dwarves, rather than a horde of disposable attackers.

Also, it seemed very strange to create a dwarven faction with no reference to the traditional "Super Good Blacksmith" abilities.
Lucifer

Re: Dwarven Blacksmith (Unit)

Post by Lucifer »

I agree that dwarfs need a boost. I'm fighting an orc opponent as a dwarf, and his swordsman have better stats than my special units trained in castles.
I like the idea but it should have higher cost and Cooldown to prevent OPness. Maybe a 4 turn unit with Cooldown 3.
Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink.
RandomdudeNo123

The problem is, once the Blacksmith casts Forge, he turns into dead weight up until he gets forge back. Maybe if his stats were as good as a slightly better Dwarf Soldier, so he could actually fight?
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

The dwarfs are the race that is still in progress and they are going to get the upgrades similar to human and elven blacksmith upgrades. Here is the topic: http://www.androidutils.com/forum/viewt ... f6db8a1178
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Permanent veteran power is too op. Definately no.

And yes dwarves are still WiP (work in progress) race. There are planned many more things to add for them. Not only blacksmith-type upgrades.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
RandomdudeNo123

Yeah, I know Dwarves are still a Beta Faction...

I guess that the +1/+1 ability's too OP. Since it kind of kills off the uniqueness of the unit to lose that, I guess I'll consider this idea scrapped. Thanks for the input.
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

RandomdudeNo123 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:33 am Yeah, I know Dwarves are still a Beta Faction...

I guess that the +1/+1 ability's too OP. Since it kind of kills off the uniqueness of the unit to lose that, I guess I'll consider this idea scrapped. Thanks for the input.
No worries, me and other jsoners are working with dwarves as we speak
Considering they are my favorite, they won't be as they are for long

They are getting new units, blacksmith, and loads of other techs very soon.
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
King

Super dwarf blacksmiths — REJECTED

Post by King »

Dwarf blacksmiths

Categories
Mage can occupy city

Cost 6
Hp 15/15
Attack power 3
Range 5
Minimum range 2
Miss (*speed) 0%
Armor 0
Pierce armor 0
Speed 5
Sight 5
Action /turn 1/1
Heal Bonus 1.0
Spell resistance 20%
Size 1x1
Upgrade to

Its power is to give more 3. Armor trumps the dwarves and over 2 power for 4 rounds
King

Re: Super dwarf blacksmiths

Post by King »

Good good
téléchargement.jpeg
téléchargement.jpeg (7.67 KiB) Viewed 1293 times
makazuwr32

Re: Super dwarf blacksmiths

Post by makazuwr32 »

It is similar to already accepted rune smith unit so rejected.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Archived - Dwarven Units, Buildings”