Lizardmen Brute pack

General Brave

Re: Lizardmen Brute pack

Post by General Brave »

What type of metal did Aztecs or Mayans or any South America Empire have?
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Argint and gold the toughest metal they worked... (Good only for jewellery)
But magic infused ones :p

Theirs fate protected them aside of wood, and jaguar hide.
Last edited by Lynx Shafir on Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

letöltés (5).jpg
images (3).jpg
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Don't know if they are able to infuse magic since they're not supposed to be technology advanced but maybe.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Nice gold armor.
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Blue Lizards use bones of fallen enemies to make armor.
And the rare dragon or Dino scales (after taste) (for shield)
Or special metal found in deep mines, but never wear full armor.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

It sounds interesting.
Savra

Post by Savra »

How's these.
The armour is ruinic and symbolic. It could be said that it grants the protection of their ancestors. It basically is ancient armour which is why I made it look like the colour it is with the symbol like lining.
Attachments
T rider small R.png
T rider small R.png (2.12 KiB) Viewed 4539 times
Armoured T rex rider.png
Armoured T rex rider.png (2.06 KiB) Viewed 4539 times
Armoured shield brute v1.png
Armoured shield brute v1.png (2.05 KiB) Viewed 4539 times
Lizardman Club V3.png
Lizardman Club V3.png (2.16 KiB) Viewed 4539 times
T rider small R.png
T rider small R.png (2.11 KiB) Viewed 4539 times
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Now that T-rex is well armored.. on parchment....or bark.
Look at that expressions in his face. :roll:

Too old looking..
May try with brown - gold.
Aztec style.
Last edited by Lynx Shafir on Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

The attachment letöltés (7).jpg is no longer available
The attachment letöltés (8).jpg is no longer available
And a bonus ship ;p
images (4).jpg
images (4).jpg (9.77 KiB) Viewed 4533 times
Savra

Post by Savra »

The armour is supposed to be old looking. Too many races involve good armour and the lizardmen brutes can afford to wear armour that looks old looking. It is made from a special kind of ore that only Lizardmen brutes know how to refine through their ancient methods. They have designs on the armour for symbolic reasons and to show their right to wearing it. You could describe it as those brutes who have slain a certain number of enemies earned the right to wear such armour. That is why I made it like so. Besides who said anything about it being super powerful armour? It isn't, and is mainly for show of their streangth.
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

With a little polishing will be fine.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

wow ok, this thing developed fast while I wasn't looking. :lol: time for my usual commentaries ;)

yeah, I agree that these units should be kinda like uruks for orcs (but more balanced maybe? :lol: we don't need more 3 turn units that can beat 6 turn units on a 1v1. :lol: ). 5-6 turn cost and fairly high stats look good to me. To make them unique each unit must have different sets of bonuses and varying stats because since all of them are melee making them just be "elite units with high atk hp and armor" would make them more or less the same which is not what we want. Also i fricking love all of those images, good stuff (especially the t-rex rider with armor, looks hella cool, I wanna use one of those in game :lol: :lol: :lol: )
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Savra wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:49 pm We'll make him ride a t-rex, give him the ability to chomp units :D
Chomp:
Cool:5
Rng:1
Dmg:instant kill at 20% chance. I guess we can allow spell resist to affect this.
I like this, but it looks way too weak. Here's my idea.

Chomp: Cooldown 4, Range 1. Can only be used on a unit that has less current HP than 20-25% of the Rex's max HP. (so if the rex has, say, 60 hp, it can only be used on units with 12-15 current hp or less). Instantly kills the unit and heals the Rex for 20-25% of its max HP (the same amount as the kill treshold - so it would heal 12-15 hp on a Rex with 60 max hp).

It would be useful, not too OP (unless the Rex's hp is like 150 or something :lol: ) and really cool to use. I'd love to hear a biting sound cue when the Rex sucessfully chomps an unit. Would be so frickin awesome. :lol:
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Skelegonsans wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:59 pm wow ok, this thing developed fast while I wasn't looking. :lol: time for my usual commentaries ;)

yeah, I agree that these units should be kinda like uruks for orcs (but more balanced maybe? :lol: we don't need more 3 turn units that can beat 6 turn units on a 1v1. :lol: ). 5-6 turn cost and fairly high stats look good to me. To make them unique each unit must have different sets of bonuses and varying stats because since all of them are melee making them just be "elite units with high atk hp and armor" would make them more or less the same which is not what we want. Also i fricking love all of those images, good stuff (especially the t-rex rider with armor, looks hella cool, I wanna use one of those in game :lol: :lrol: :lol: )
Yes I made them so to have different effect, bonus and use. (first 3)and 6 cost.

And for T-rex that skill cud work.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Skelegonsans wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:03 pm
Savra wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:49 pm We'll make him ride a t-rex, give him the ability to chomp units :D
Chomp:
Cool:5
Rng:1
Dmg:instant kill at 20% chance. I guess we can allow spell resist to affect this.
I like this, but it looks way too weak. Here's my idea.

Chomp: Cooldown 4, Range 1. Can only be used on a unit that has less current HP than 20-25% of the Rex's max HP. (so if the rex has, say, 60 hp, it can only be used on units with 12-15 current hp or less). Instantly kills the unit and heals the Rex for 20-25% of its max HP (the same amount as the kill treshold - so it would heal 12-15 hp on a Rex with 60 max hp).

It would be useful, not too OP (unless the Rex's hp is like 150 or something :lol: ) and really cool to use. I'd love to hear a biting sound cue when the Rex sucessfully chomps an unit. Would be so frickin awesome. :lol:
also, for this, to make it even more limited so it isn't too op, we can make it be affected by magic res. base sucess chance would be 100% meaning that a low health unit that gets chomped will always die, unless it has magic res. then the chance will be reduced equivalent to the magic res.
Savra

Post by Savra »

That was the idea originally, just don't remember were else... Oh wait wyvren rider was supposed to get the ability too. That's were it originated that is.
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Affecting spell res is not good.
This way can't eat zombies = rotten flesh (Why they have 100 %¿)
And imperials =conzerv - tinned food -
Some casters =easy target for a beast =delicacy

A fix chance is better.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Alright. Maybe make dodge effect it instead?
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Savra wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:39 pm Alright. Maybe make dodge effect it instead?
No the Chomp is perfect just the way it acts need rewamp.
Like is brutal physical Attak nothing to do with "spell res 'what protect from curses.

A Hp percentage or cost based thing.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

i'm not in favor of fixed chances though. i have an idea for it.

since it's a melee ability it can be affected by melee dodge. It could have a base chance of like 80% and say there's an elf with 30% dodge and it's targeted, it'll have a 50% chance of being chomped. Sounds good to me.

Also obviously the spell would only be able to target living units. no spirits, trees, buildings or machines.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Wat abt giants and dragons? Or imperials and phantoms? Too many expensive tanky units can b one hit killed this way

I suggest just give a set DMG like 15 DMG with 100% bonus against infantry archers and cavalry (30 DMG) and reduced by armor effect
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

godOfKings wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:02 pm Wat abt giants and dragons? Or imperials and phantoms? Too many expensive tanky units can b one hit killed this way

I suggest just give a set DMG like 15 DMG with 100% bonus against infantry archers and cavalry (30 DMG) and reduced by armor effect
That for normal Attak.

The skill has same chance too insta kill (eat) living unit. Has CD
Also T Rex rider wud be costly and unique.

Target list and method is not fixed yet.
Nor unit stats.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

godOfKings wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:02 pm Wat abt giants and dragons? Or imperials and phantoms? Too many expensive tanky units can b one hit killed this way

It doesn't work that way :lol: :lol: I think you misunderstood my explanation.

Let's suppose the Rex has, like, 50 max HP and 18 atk (stats are not defined, these are examples). And there are two enemies nearby, one elf archer (which has 11 hp) and an orc warrior (which has 24 hp), both at full health. supposing that the chomp skill requires an unit to be with a current hp less than or equal to 25% of the Rex's max hp (which equals 12.5, 13 rounding up, in this case) and that it has a base chance of 100% to work, this means that if the Rex approached the elf archer it could use chomp on it immediately. If the elf archer has no dodge upgrade, it will have a 100% chance of dying instantly, however if it has dodge, say 30% dodge, the chance would be reduced, it would be 70% in this case. But, if the Rex approached the orc warrior instead, chomp would have no effect because the orc warrior has 24 hp currently and it needs to be at 13 or lower. So the Rex would need to attack it in one turn, which would bring it down to 6 hp, then use chomp the next turn for it to have effect. It doesn't matter what unit the Rex is targetting, the requirements for chomp to work are that the unit must be a flesh and blood unit, and must be at 13 hp or less (in this case, that could increase or deacrease depending on what HP we agree that the Rex will have). He could be fighting against an ettin or a goblin worker, if any of them get at 13 current hp or lower, chomp can be cast at them. Otherwise, it will have no effect.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

and i say instead of all these unnecessary complicated coding, just give it a base damage and if enemy unit dies it can heal perhaps, i mean it is a cavalry so it can one hit kill an archer anyways, wat is the point of this ability then if it is to kill cheap units? or low hp unit that it can still kill with normal atk in most case unless the enemy's armor makes it get 1 dmg
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Savra

Post by Savra »

He's right about that it might as well regenerate some up back.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

godOfKings wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:14 am and i say instead of all these unnecessary complicated coding, just give it a base damage and if enemy unit dies it can heal perhaps, i mean it is a cavalry so it can one hit kill an archer anyways, wat is the point of this ability then if it is to kill cheap units? or low hp unit that it can still kill with normal atk in most case unless the enemy's armor makes it get 1 dmg
the ability already has a heal, for a start. (it heals the rex by a percentage of max hp, the same as the execution limit). also, if you think about it, the ability will already be base numbers anyway, cuz it will always be a specific number depending on what the rex's max hp will be. so if the rex has say, 60 hp the base execution limit and heal rate of the ability will always be 15. so it really won't require any percentage calculation, we just gotta use the base number that is the same as the percentage itself after we decide what will be the rex's max hp. :idea:

the point of the skill is basically to either kill units that would be really hard to kill with normal attacks or to just heal the rex. say there's a zurgo on the enemy team with over 20 stacked armor, but it has 10 hp. it would definitely take the rex more than a few blows to kill it, but if it uses chomp the zurgo will die instantly no matter what the amount of armor, see?
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Good for better armored units and hyper lvl dwarfs.
For Rex hp around 80 - 100
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

with 80-100 hp it would have an execution limit of 20-25 (we can lower that if it sounds a bit too strong). for a cooldown of 4 and havig a range of 1, unless the rex has some crazy speed like 6 (but i don't think it will? maybe 4-5 is better?), it shouldn't be too powerful. sounds good in my opinion
Savra

Post by Savra »

Idk, I think the trex rider should just be a normal heavy elite cav. Doesn't seem so unique and it will hurry along this group.

Return to “Scaledfolk”