Frost dragon

Savra

Frost dragon

Post by Savra »

Frost dragon: I'm surprised if hasn't been mentioned yet.
Cost:6
Build: dragon temple
Hp:44
Atk:15
Rng:1
Sight:7
Spd:5 flying
Arm:2
P.arm:2
Res:40%
Abilities:
Frost breath: rng:3, cool:3, applies chilling effect.
Attachments
f8ff607d8dee49eabb95256e78648438.jpg
f8ff607d8dee49eabb95256e78648438.jpg (104.42 KiB) Viewed 4629 times
7uLyWL8.jpg
7uLyWL8.jpg (218.13 KiB) Viewed 4629 times
Last edited by Savra on Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:24 am, edited 7 times in total.
Tankhead

Re: Frost dragon

Post by Tankhead »

Because elements, terrain advantage, etc don't exist yet.
Frost dragon would probably have a bonus in snow terrain with Some type of freeze/Ice spell
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Also we already have a ton of dragon related units and many of their images sucks incredibly
Age of Fantasy design leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Thank you for your criticism, perhaps someone can help me with those.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Savra

Post by Savra »

This is for future dragon unit. I would prefer it be like the second pic.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Lol general I didn't mean yours xD
Age of Fantasy design leader
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

General Brave has done this game justice with his images, I can't wait to see Warfell implemented!

On topic: Seeing a frost dragon would be pretty cool! Besides, the pics look beast! If someone can emulate these images, it would make for an awesome creature!

But, who would it go to?
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .
Savra

Post by Savra »

StormSaint373 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:12 pm General Brave has done this game justice with his images, I can't wait to see Warfell implemented!

On topic: Seeing a frost dragon would be pretty cool! Besides, the pics look beast! If someone can emulate these images, it would make for an awesome creature!

But, who would it go to?
Look no further then the bottom of this post. It says scaledfolk topic.
It would basically be a alternate version of the red dragon only it would have more of a melee purpose with frost breath.
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

. . . OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

That makes sense.

Special effects for frost breath could be. . .

Slowing: due to cold temperature
Curse: encased in ice

Either way, duration = 3 turns
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Honestly think better spells can be added if we just wait for new spells to get in. At some point we can't forever keep using just the spells in game
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Sounds nice.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Well, I read somewhere, probably the cryomancer, that freeze could work like this:
Freeze target inplace target can't move or attack but both armour are increased due to the ice.
Or we could do this:
Freeze target inplace, target can't move nor attack and receives bonus damage to it due to being frozen in nitrogen based ice. If target dies then they do not leave a corpse.
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Savra wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:16 pm Well, I read somewhere, probably the cryomancer, that freeze could work like this:
Freeze target inplace target can't move or attack but both armour are increased due to the ice.
Or we could do this:
Freeze target inplace, target can't move nor attack and receives bonus damage to it due to being frozen in nitrogen based ice. If target dies then they do not leave a corpse.
Sounds better than reusing old spells
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

See what you mean. Just thinking it would be easier to code being that it has been done B4. :oops:
Savra

Post by Savra »

Hmmm, I wonder if I can manage to make that second pic...
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

StormSaint373 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:21 pm See what you mean. Just thinking it would be easier to code being that it has been done B4. :oops:
Sorry if I came off as rude which im not trying to be. But Ales was right about the same old things bring recycled to much.
Pretty sure players have caught on too.
We have alot of good suggestions like weather terrain, new spells and abilities yet they are not talk on so much and they are about months to over a year old
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Get on it then.
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Agreed, but devs do so much! Thought it would be a good idea to make things easier.

I have seen their posts, and by the sounds of it... They are swamped!

I don't mean to be repetitive, just creative with what we already have. :D
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

You do realize I make spells.
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

I do, General Brave, I do...

You put a lot of effort into this, and I bet that you are swamped too, with The Armies of Warfell and all. . .

But, I don't believe that you would have the time to code up and implement every spell that is suggested.

Believe me, :cry: I have librams of ideas that probably won't be even discussed.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

You should try it on as long as a unit that goes along with it.
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Maybe General... Maybe.

:twisted:

The Knighthood is but the beginning
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

I like this idea. I mean, sure, MAYBE scaledfolk have too many dragons already... :lol: but I think there's still room for one more at least, lol.

I actually have an idea for the dragon's frost breath. Since the lightning dragon already has a slowing breath, I think this dragon could have something even better - freezing breath! freeze your enemies solid helplessly and then beat the crap out of them! nothing sounds more fun than that :lol:

Here's my idea for the Frost dragon.

Frost Dragon (cost: 6 / flying)
hp 39
attack 16
range 1
speed 5
sight 7
armor 3/2
spell: Freeze. cooldown 3, range 5, single target (affects ANYTHING, even buildings! when affecting a building, its production is stopped until the effect wears off.). The target unit has a 100% chance of being frozen solid for 3 turns (can be reduced by magic resistance). while frozen, an unit can take no actions (similar effect to curse), and gains +999 pierce armor (takes only 1 damage from piercing damage basically). Burning and freezing effects overwrite each other; so if an unit has freeze and is afflicted with burning, the freezing fades, and the same goes the other way. This spell can also be used on allies! (to give them the pierce resistance in case they need it for some reason)
bonuses: the same bonuses as the other dragons do.
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Savra

Post by Savra »

This dragon will have aoe or anti armour melee attacks too since it has a club tale. But yes, that's the general concept of the breath and I was going to continue working on this so don't worry about the image. I try and pay attention to these things.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Here.
Attachments
Ice dragon v1.png
Ice dragon v1.png (1.4 KiB) Viewed 4043 times
Savra

Post by Savra »

Where did my critics go?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Updated image.
Attachments
Ice dragon v1.png
Ice dragon v1.png (1.4 KiB) Viewed 4039 times
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Lookin pretty awesome! I'm just wondeirng if it would fit the game well because usually the dragon sprites are looking to the side and not the front, so that makes it look a bit different, but then again I don't think it's a general rule?... regardless it looks pretty cool!
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Skelegonsans wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:30 pm I like this idea. I mean, sure, MAYBE scaledfolk have too many dragons already... :lol: but I think there's still room for one more at least, lol.

I actually have an idea for the dragon's frost breath. Since the lightning dragon already has a slowing breath, I think this dragon could have something even better - freezing breath! freeze your enemies solid helplessly and then beat the crap out of them! nothing sounds more fun than that :lol:

Here's my idea for the Frost dragon.

hp 39
attack 16
range 1
speed 5
sight 7
armor 3/2
spell: Freeze. cooldown 3, range 5, single target (affects ANYTHING, even buildings! when affecting a building, its production is stopped until the effect wears off.). The target unit has a 100% chance of being frozen solid for 3 turns (can be reduced by magic resistance). while frozen, an unit can take no actions (similar effect to curse), and gains +999 pierce armor (takes only 1 damage from piercing damage basically). Burning and freezing effects overwrite each other; so if an unit has freeze and is afflicted with burning, the freezing fades, and the same goes the other way. This spell can also be used on allies! (to give them the pierce resistance in case they need it for some reason)
bonuses: the same bonuses as the other dragons do.
Hmmm, though maybe we should keep this simple and just make one effect for ice all round. Chilling seems the best course of action.

All ice based attacks should have 1 effect so not to put too much stress on the programmers and to speed up the process of adding new units. I say we do

Freezing: -2 speed, -2 attack, -1 hp/turn. Lasts 3 turns. Apply's only to non building units.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Skelegonsans wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:39 am Lookin pretty awesome! I'm just wondeirng if it would fit the game well because usually the dragon sprites are looking to the side and not the front, so that makes it look a bit different, but then again I don't think it's a general rule?... regardless it looks pretty cool!
Blue dragon looks forward, grey dragon looks forward, actually quit a few of the new dragons are in a front view perspective.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

also if you want it to have AoE attack here's something that could work.

hp 38
attack 14
range 1
power range 1
speed 5
sight 7
armor 3/2
bonuses: the same bonuses as the other dragons do. since thsi dragon apparently has a club tail maybe it could have a small bonus to buildings?

Return to “Scaledfolk”