Fairy expansion

Post Reply
User avatar
Sunrise Samurai
Posts: 2650
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:21 pm
Location: Florida, U.S.

Fairy expansion

Post by Sunrise Samurai » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:42 am

A few ideas for making fairies a bigger subdivision of the elves. Nothing too big, just as annoying as mosquitoes.
First, a building:
Fairy circle (image is just a mushroom circle.
Hp:20
Build time: 4 turns
Holds 2 units, same as any other factory.
Magic resistance: 100% (immunity to magic attack s like fireball)
Aura: magic circle (range 1-2, significantly raises magic resistance.)

Basic factory building for the most part, but trying something new with the aura and spell resistance. Probably useless, since if you're that close to a factory you destroy it, not try to cast spells on things, though it forces humans to use real siege weapons or swordsmen again.

Faerie evasion: 3 level tech, 4/6/8 cost, gives 15/30/45% to all dodge​ chances for all fairies. For this reason no fairy will ever have much health, lest it become a tank.

Fairy warrior
3 cost
Hp: 8
Attack: 5
Range: 1
Speed: 6, flying
Sight: 8
Armor: 0/2
Base dodge: 15%
Spell resistance: 75%

With luck, it might survive a hit from one arrow if the archer or tower isn't upgraded, but not a second. Fully upgraded, 60% dodge is it's only hope for survival, though 15% base can make it annoying. Their magical nature gives them bonus damage against mage units, plus a good chance of escaping harmful magic, so they can 2 shot most mages/shamans.

Fairy healer
Hp: 5
Cost: 5
Attack: 0
Heal rate: 5
Armor: 0
Spell resistance: 80%
Aura: healing (as elf wizard)
Spells: cleanse (removes harmful effects), heal, second chance (sacrifice self to give 'convert' chance' status to ally) (second chance status: cannot be removed by disenchant​, since you had to sacrifice 5 turns production for it. When this unit would die, heal it to full and remove all statuses, including this one, from it.)

Yes, this is a shameless Zelda rip. On death you heal back to full from the second chance skill. In practice, it's basically the opposite of an assassin. Use this to protect uber valuable units from death, but only if they cost 5 or more to be worth sacrificing the healer

Anyone have any suggestions, comments, or further ideas?
Currently residing at the local ninja academy. I'm still watching though.

User avatar
LordOfAles
Posts: 3659
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:27 pm
Location: Montenegro

Re: Fairy expansion

Post by LordOfAles » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:58 pm

Fairy dust thrower

Range:3
Cost:5
Abilities:Enemy has "slowing" when hit
Armor:0/0
Hp:5
Speed:5,flying
Sight:9
Spell resistance:75%
Base dodge:10%
Power:3
Last edited by LordOfAles on Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Crusade never ends...

User avatar
Sunrise Samurai
Posts: 2650
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:21 pm
Location: Florida, U.S.

Re: Fairy expansion

Post by Sunrise Samurai » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:44 pm

Interesting. That effect would just be the "lighting weapon" already programmed. What would the attack power be?
Currently residing at the local ninja academy. I'm still watching though.

User avatar
LordOfAles
Posts: 3659
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:27 pm
Location: Montenegro

Re: Fairy expansion

Post by LordOfAles » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:27 pm

forgot lol

Power:3
The Crusade never ends...

User avatar
Sunrise Samurai
Posts: 2650
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:21 pm
Location: Florida, U.S.

Re: Fairy expansion

Post by Sunrise Samurai » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:12 pm

Ok. It does seem like 5 cost would be a bit expensive for the slowing effect, compared to elf druids that can do that and more. The good part is that it bypasses resistance. Maybe give 2 actions and drop the attack power to 1, so it can slow 2 enemies at a time.
Currently residing at the local ninja academy. I'm still watching though.

User avatar
Puss_in_Boots
Posts: 2676
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:23 am

Re: Fairy expansion

Post by Puss_in_Boots » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:25 pm

I think cost 3 would be more suitable, if they cannot summon or buff friendlies.
RED, WHITE and BLUE!

User avatar
LordOfAles
Posts: 3659
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:27 pm
Location: Montenegro

Re: Fairy expansion

Post by LordOfAles » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:40 pm

Damn Puss you always find sth wrong lol :lol:
The Crusade never ends...

User avatar
LordOfAles
Posts: 3659
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:27 pm
Location: Montenegro

Re: Fairy expansion

Post by LordOfAles » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:42 pm

Sunrise Samurai wrote:Ok. It does seem like 5 cost would be a bit expensive for the slowing effect, compared to elf druids that can do that and more. The good part is that it bypasses resistance. Maybe give 2 actions and drop the attack power to 1, so it can slow 2 enemies at a time.
Attack power 2,action per turn 2,cost 4
The Crusade never ends...

User avatar
Puss_in_Boots
Posts: 2676
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:23 am

Re: Fairy expansion

Post by Puss_in_Boots » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:07 pm

But it's only purpose is to slow things down, which most other elven casters can do as well. They are pretty fragile too.
RED, WHITE and BLUE!

User avatar
Puss_in_Boots
Posts: 2676
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:23 am

Re: Fairy expansion

Post by Puss_in_Boots » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:11 pm

LordOfAles wrote:Damn Puss you always find sth wrong lol :lol:
As a forumer it's my duty to argue my opinion. 8-)
RED, WHITE and BLUE!

User avatar
Sunrise Samurai
Posts: 2650
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:21 pm
Location: Florida, U.S.

Re: Fairy expansion

Post by Sunrise Samurai » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:35 pm

I would ask that you keep your language civil. We all have opinions, and are free to express them. We're doing good putting out ideas here, and I like that. Just please, no cursing. And lets not attack each other. If we disagree, a good argument makes a better thought out idea, so long as it doesn't become a flame war.

Now, I do think 3 cost is a bit more appropriate, but 4 might still work, as long as we can improve the dodge chance to make it harder to kill.
Currently residing at the local ninja academy. I'm still watching though.

User avatar
LordOfAles
Posts: 3659
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:27 pm
Location: Montenegro

Re: Fairy expansion

Post by LordOfAles » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:00 pm

Puss_in_Boots wrote:
LordOfAles wrote:Damn Puss you always find sth wrong lol :lol:
As a forumer it's my duty to argue my opinion. 8-)
Good point man
The Crusade never ends...

User avatar
LordOfAles
Posts: 3659
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:27 pm
Location: Montenegro

Re: Fairy expansion

Post by LordOfAles » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:01 pm

Sunrise Samurai wrote:I would ask that you keep your language civil. We all have opinions, and are free to express them. We're doing good putting out ideas here, and I like that. Just please, no cursing. And lets not attack each other. If we disagree, a good argument makes a better thought out idea, so long as it doesn't become a flame war.
Im very aware of that,but just said Puss is funny :)
The Crusade never ends...

User avatar
LordOfAles
Posts: 3659
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:27 pm
Location: Montenegro

Re: Fairy expansion

Post by LordOfAles » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:02 pm

Base dodge:25%
The Crusade never ends...

User avatar
Sunrise Samurai
Posts: 2650
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:21 pm
Location: Florida, U.S.

Re: Fairy expansion

Post by Sunrise Samurai » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:46 pm

I more meant after the upgrades are researched. Base 10 after gaining the 45 from upgrades would total 55%. This makes less than half of attacks would hit it.
Currently residing at the local ninja academy. I'm still watching though.

User avatar
LordOfAles
Posts: 3659
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:27 pm
Location: Montenegro

Re: Fairy expansion

Post by LordOfAles » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:02 am

Thats a fairy after all,try to hit butterfly with a stick
The Crusade never ends...

User avatar
LordOfAles
Posts: 3659
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:27 pm
Location: Montenegro

Re: Fairy expansion

Post by LordOfAles » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:03 am

Hp:5->3
The Crusade never ends...

User avatar
Sunrise Samurai
Posts: 2650
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:21 pm
Location: Florida, U.S.

Re: Fairy expansion

Post by Sunrise Samurai » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:03 pm

LordOfAles wrote:Thats a fairy after all,try to hit butterfly with a stick
This is exactly why I was thinking the upgrades for 45% extra dodge for them. They are small, but horridly annoying. And for being flying, grounded melee would need to hit 5 times. That's something close to 10 attacks if exactly half miss, which is why it's upgrades and not natural chance. I'm figuring 55% after base + upgrades is more reasonable​ than 70%
Currently residing at the local ninja academy. I'm still watching though.

User avatar
Sunrise Samurai
Posts: 2650
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:21 pm
Location: Florida, U.S.

Re: Fairy expansion

Post by Sunrise Samurai » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:15 pm

Also:
Fairy worker
Cost 4
Hp: 5
Power: 0
Mend rate: 5
Building range: 3 (can build/repair at a distance, via magic)
Movement: 4 (flying)
Dodge chance: 15%
Spell resistance: 75%

It's more expensive than ent worker, for a lower mend rate, but the fact is that it can build at a short range, increasing the number of workers that can build at a time, plus the ability to fly means it can get places much more quickly than other workers. It's also more likely to survive on the battlefield, despite the lower health, due to flight and dodging. This makes it great to heal ents
Currently residing at the local ninja academy. I'm still watching though.

User avatar
LordOfAles
Posts: 3659
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:27 pm
Location: Montenegro

Re: Fairy expansion

Post by LordOfAles » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:20 pm

Sunrise Samurai wrote:
LordOfAles wrote:Thats a fairy after all,try to hit butterfly with a stick
This is exactly why I was thinking the upgrades for 45% extra dodge for them. They are small, but horridly annoying. And for being flying, grounded melee would need to hit 5 times. That's something close to 10 attacks if exactly half miss, which is why it's upgrades and not natural chance. I'm figuring 55% after base + upgrades is more reasonable​ than 70%
Good point! :)
The Crusade never ends...

User avatar
Lynx Shafir
Posts: 1509
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 4:24 am

Re: Fairy expansion

Post by Lynx Shafir » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:36 am

I like your fairy line Sunrise so here is my suggestion :
Fairy Queen
Hp 12-15
Atk 4(mellee)
Arm 2/1
Speed 4
Sight 6
Spell res 100%
Cost:5-6 turns
Start dodge 10%
Spells :Aura (gives +1atk,+1arm to ally fairies
2.Magic arrow
3.White flame (tech):continously magic burning an enemy and attached tiles , dmg 5-8/turn, while caster can't move. Damages only living... and undead :lol: (no structures) Range 8
Buildable in Great tree
3times bigger than normal fairy, has a staff and of course a crown.
What do you think?
Last edited by Lynx Shafir on Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wear your scars with pride 'cos each has a story to tell .
What your scars tell about you?

User avatar
godOfKings
Posts: 2119
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:50 pm

Re: Fairy expansion

Post by godOfKings » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:53 pm

is it fairy godmother?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools

User avatar
Lynx Shafir
Posts: 1509
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 4:24 am

Re: Fairy expansion

Post by Lynx Shafir » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:45 pm

Yes... Similar I think. Any suggestion?
Wear your scars with pride 'cos each has a story to tell .
What your scars tell about you?

User avatar
General Brave
Posts: 4574
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:12 am
Location: The Four Point Military Academy.

Re: Fairy expansion

Post by General Brave » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:52 pm

Don't see anything wrong with it.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.

User avatar
makazuwr32
Posts: 4396
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:29 am
Location: Moscow, Russia

Re: Fairy expansion

Post by makazuwr32 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:08 pm

Personally i don't like idea of fairy expancion.

1. Flight: they will be able or not to capture tc's? If not then they mostly don't even needed. But if they could than this will even more increase speed of expancion for elves which is already highest and this will be op.

2. High cost. Just because why will i train fairy fighter for 3 turns when i can train quick archer for same amount if they can't capture tc's? If they could than they will be op.
Yes they have dodge and some intresting abilities but still they pretty useless for their cost exept healer with 5 cost. This one is by far the most useful unit from all pack for sentinels and ents.

3. Buildable as i see right now in thay special building only. This means if counting slow building rates of elves they will come in game pretty late when enemy can get for example cannon fodder for orcs or druid for elves.
If they will be buildable in tc than this will be too op for elven expancion because they will have this way only flying tc unit which can capture tc (if they could) or still completely useless units just because better to make craftsman for archer and armor upgrades.

So as for me they are not so good designed units.
makazuwr32 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 am
Please when you ask to change something argument why do you want that change. ...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on. Some real info why it must be done.
© by Makazuwr32™.

User avatar
General Brave
Posts: 4574
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:12 am
Location: The Four Point Military Academy.

Re: Fairy expansion

Post by General Brave » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:40 pm

makazuwr32 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:08 pm
Personally i don't like idea of fairy expancion.

1. Flight: they will be able or not to capture tc's? If not then they mostly don't even needed. But if they could than this will even more increase speed of expancion for elves which is already highest and this will be op.

2. High cost. Just because why will i train fairy fighter for 3 turns when i can train quick archer for same amount if they can't capture tc's? If they could than they will be op.
Yes they have dodge and some intresting abilities but still they pretty useless for their cost exept healer with 5 cost. This one is by far the most useful unit from all pack for sentinels and ents.

3. Buildable as i see right now in thay special building only. This means if counting slow building rates of elves they will come in game pretty late when enemy can get for example cannon fodder for orcs or druid for elves.
If they will be buildable in tc than this will be too op for elven expancion because they will have this way only flying tc unit which can capture tc (if they could) or still completely useless units just because better to make craftsman for archer and armor upgrades.

So as for me they are not so good designed units.
You do have some point. If there were a bit cheaper or maybe able to capture, there will be a bit better.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.

User avatar
Lynx Shafir
Posts: 1509
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 4:24 am

Re: Fairy expansion

Post by Lynx Shafir » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:18 am

I must Aggree ,

Mak is right,
in this way they are useless,

but still want some
Would be nice for campaigns.
.
Cost 2-3 turns max
They low attack don't wort too built instead of elven Archer so adding same elemental attacks whit high bonus to same current and future creatures cud solve this. (still weaker hp with dodge)
Wat about my FAIRY QUEEN?!
She needs an army to command ;)
Last edited by Lynx Shafir on Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wear your scars with pride 'cos each has a story to tell .
What your scars tell about you?

User avatar
Lynx Shafir
Posts: 1509
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 4:24 am

Re: Fairy expansion

Post by Lynx Shafir » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:23 pm

Mak, ur channeling spell is perfect for "White flame" skill - Fairy Queen
Wear your scars with pride 'cos each has a story to tell .
What your scars tell about you?

Post Reply

Return to “Elf”