The Rebel King

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
godOfKings

The Rebel King

Post by godOfKings »

Bwa! HA, ha, ha! Fellow forumers, i got a challenge for u... the fourth map of the Rebel King campaign is finally published, the challenge is to win it. This map is the REAL TEST to separate the TRUE KINGS of LEGEND from the WANNABIES :twisted: I just got two things to tell u....
1. Its actually very easy map :P
2. Pay heed to Jasim's (in-game character) advice well.There r other ways to win a war besides charging with full force like an idiot :lol:

So GL fellow forumers :) I spent months to make this map, i would like to see some gutsy players who r up to the challenge
Last edited by godOfKings on Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
COOLguy

Re: The Rebel King

Post by COOLguy »

How long real time does it take to play? :B)
Thanks!
Josh
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

There is a lot of units to play with, but it took me about 15 turns, I guess 30 min give or take
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

So now that the game is updated and map is published in Google play version, the challenge is open for everyone :)

pretty sure none of the dev version users tried the map yet, and if anybody did, he got scared by the size and magnitude of the enemy and gave up :lol: I at least want to know the opinion of @tamtam12345 who is a great map tester :D

Also finally wat do u guys think of the overall story? I tried hard to make the maps feel connected, like whatever happened in previous maps will have some effect in the current map, some may notice them, some just play for the gems.

Just follow the instructions and use Ur head :) I want to see how many players enjoy the little twist at the end :mrgreen:

General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I will check it out.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

I saw this post few days ago but I haven't enough time to play it. I will play it later. :D
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

hope u enjoy :D

tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Quite difficult. I hold few units (3~4 units) on the bottom right side when I saw a dialog but I can't save them... I will play it again later. ;)
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Strange, did u retreat or advance towards ballista? And did Titumir appear on turn 2?

tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Finally won the map without cheating. :) I lose before because I didn't put much units to protect mother. Another reason is the ex-sepoy kill Titumir suddenly.
This map is very nice. I win in turn 20. The advices are useful. :D
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Wait, y would ex sepoy leader kill titumir? The enemy has a halberdier too, u sure it wasn't him? I need to make sure map has no broken triggers.

And did u like the scary twist at end ;) also the optional side quest was meant to help against final invasion but game can b won without it too

tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

I will play it again. :D

For optional quest, I tried to use fisherman to attack shield knight. The result makes me surprised. :o
Egosz

Post by Egosz »

Hi! I would like to ask you about the 2nd map (Escape). I made a few tries with the wagon, then I used the horses. I soon realized that no way and no time for this idea, so I began to try on foot on the Northern road to the top right corner. I made it in 15 turns for one star and I cannot find any trick to make it better. Any idea? Thank you in advance!
Magyar vagyok, nem turista :lol:
Egosz

Post by Egosz »

godOfKings wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:24 pm Also finally wat do u guys think of the overall story? I tried hard to make the maps feel connected, like whatever happened in previous maps will have some effect in the current map, some may notice them, some just play for the gems.

Just follow the instructions and use Ur head :) I want to see how many players enjoy the little twist at the end :mrgreen:
The connection is correct between the first two maps, however, I still cannot go on :lol: I followed the instructions, but as horse riders the characters cannot escape. I managed to replace the gisarmen, however, simple spearmen and archers always stop the riders. Could it be a bug? :?:
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Egosz wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:46 pm Hi! I would like to ask you about the 2nd map (Escape). I made a few tries with the wagon, then I used the horses. I soon realized that no way and no time for this idea, so I began to try on foot on the Northern road to the top right corner. I made it in 15 turns for one star and I cannot find any trick to make it better. Any idea? Thank you in advance!
Use the wagon to go south and drop off from there and go to the horses on the east then go straight north then go to the healers hut and 2 spearmen spawns there and 3 enemy lancers from south of spearmen and 2 enemy archers on west,use hussar to kill both archers and use the spearmen to deal with lancers and they oneshots lancers but lancers can one shot light cavalry so protect the mother and father by putting them on north so tHey can't be reached by lancers.

I finished the map on 3 stars
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Now that I remember before the second map is only beatable at 2 stars.
It seems they fixed it since I got 3 stars
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Egosz

Post by Egosz »

QuadrupoleStrat wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:36 am Now that I remember before the second map is only beatable at 2 stars.
It seems they fixed it since I got 3 stars
Thank you! Did it :D There is only way that does not trigger enemy spearmen and every moves must be exact :D
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Its more puzzle than strategy the first 2 maps, 3rd map is based on healer persuasion. 4rth map is very tough cuz u have to use a narrow path between 2 enemy army to capture their commander

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

After almost 2 years.... I sent the fifth map to the dev, dont kno wen it will b published, an advice before hand wen playing this map, dont try to act too smart by attacking disabled enemy units on the main land, I m smarter than u :twisted: :P

Another advice, if by accident u alarm the village, its better to restart the game than try a really difficult battle with the full enemy army. (Forgot to mention they have a bunch of barracks too so if u trigger them enabled b4 the story progresses then u will have to face unlimited enemies)

The main focus of this map is
stealth (not moving to the area where the enemy will b enabled),
patience (wait until all ur units r positioned to b able to deal the greatest damage in the first turn)
and also decisiveness 8-) (if u can make the right move u will get an unexpected reward that will make it easier to kill them, and the move is clearly stated in-game)

After rescuing the villagers, just play defensively for a while and use the fire archers later to destroy the barracks and towers, but remember to b defensive, u have all the right units to win but the enemy deal a lot of damage so if u r not careful u will lose too many units and wont have the chance for a counter attack

Return to “Campaign map discussions”