The Golden army

Tankhead

The Golden army

Post by Tankhead »

Inspired by Hellboy 2, i was wondering what if we make something like the golden army a race? Mechanical type race would surely have to be stronger than the other races. Resists fire but has a big weakness to electricity and maybe water ( maybe have a weakening affect around water?) these seems like a cool race to add in seeing its all mechanical.
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
makazuwr32

Re: The Golden army

Post by makazuwr32 »

I see many problems here:
1. lack of units - it will be not-so-big-on-units-race.
2. as mechanical only race i don't support it also because it will be a pain to fight against them for undeads, elves and humans. especially ones that were shown in that film (the only way of disabling them was to destroy crown otherwise they will restore themself to full operating power after period of time) while it will be extremly weak to anti-mechanical units (like fodder cannon of orcs)
3. elements are not yet part of the game and we don't know when this mechanic will be implemented.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Im sure people will come around to it but your right they would be a pain. My solution to that, they need a common weakness or something that would put them near on the same level as the other races. And lets say these mechanical beings have a core in they're chest that can easily be destroyed using magic (other methods work)
And this race will be a slow starting race similar to how humans are.
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Can't we just call them machines it would be easier
Im not coming. Im impending
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I don't like mechanical race idea in general.
Orcs and dwarves will have HUGE advantage over them - they will just annigilate these mechanical units!
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Well it was just a thought anyway, i do require more time to think out the rest of it. And if dwarves and orcs can kill of the machines easily i could and hopefully you can think up some anti troops so that doesn't happen.
Btw here's the backstory on how this race develop ( my own idea )
A person goes by the name Sir George the 3rd. He lived in a small village wildy known for his knowledge and achievements. He had a wife and two baby sons. George was a powerful mage and a excellent scientists and his life was well spent until one day a war between two nations had broken out and Georges village along with his family was killed in the crossfire. George barley surviving the onslaught, was driven mad for vengeance and seek everyone suffer as he did. That's when he came across the golden army legend. The golden army was made from the gods in case humans and all other beings started becoming a huge threat to earth. The golden army was to neutralize that threat. The golden army was lock away for a last resort in another dimension but with George's knowledge he managed to open the portal and awakened them on the earth.
Machines in the fantasy world was and always very interesting to me. That's why i suggested this
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Dwarves themself will have some mechanical units: tanks, submarines, golems, helicopters. One tank is designed as anti building and anti mechanical units; one golem as well.
I am thinking about some other ideas for their mechanical army: for example they will be only race in game who will have unique (one unit only per player) flying moving mega building that can produce things and shoot enemies.

And orcs have fodder cannons which have bonuses against giant type units and mechanical type units as well as buildings.
So how do you think to make mechanical unit that is not count as mechanical/giant/building?
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Archived - Subraces”