Dwarf Race — OUTDATED

Skelegonsans

Re: Dwarf Race

Post by Skelegonsans »

I still think that 9x2 is a bit too high for a starting worker. Considering humans have somewhere around 12 in mend rate without the upgrade and dwarf would have 18 (9x2) in this case, it's already a 50% increase which is too much.
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

So what do everyone agreed on?
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Once my Internet is backup, I will start fixing and adding the ideas that you are suggests. Perhaps these tech needs images to go alongside them.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I still think that cleric and priest must be separate units;
Cleric with far more potent healing (20-25 hp, can be named as "rune of healing") and disenchant for 2 turns, can research exorcism.
Priest with less powerful basic healing (10 hp) and few support spells, no exorcism, cost 3 or 4 turns.
Also this way we can balance dwarves better, removing if needed somewhere armor or hp to match the healing.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

I'm working on a more expensive caster to add. I actually like the cleric and priest as they are, but cleric as an upgrade.
The glorious sun rises again
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I'm suggesting to lower mend rate of dwarven workers to 10 while keeping ability to gain second action via spell. No bonus actions in base.

Also i'm suggesting a more expensive engeneer unit with higher mend rate and 2 actions.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

I'd go with workers having 2 actions and 8 mend rate. This evens out the cost of workers to alchemists, so that alchemists aren't worth 3 workers, while keeping total mending pretty much the same.

An engineer with higher mend rate is a good idea I'd say.
The glorious sun rises again
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Agreed with sunrise
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

So a regular worker with 8 build able to get double turn, another worker that's probably cost 4 turns and has 2 action, 11 built.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Dwarven engeneer

Also sunrise wants that normal worker will have 2 actions as well in base.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
rikoargatha

Post by rikoargatha »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:I'd go with workers having 2 actions and 8 mend rate. This evens out the cost of workers to alchemists, so that alchemists aren't worth 3 workers, while keeping total mending pretty much the same.

An engineer with higher mend rate is a good idea I'd say.
Agreed with him
You can't see me
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Ok.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I put them in now.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Expect updates.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Bonus and other fix list:

Barracks:
1. Dwarven warrior — standart only bonuses to buildings: 100% to factories, 200% to walls and towers, 700% to castles. Currently has 200% to factories, 350% to walls and towers, 650% to castles. Also currently has 20% bonus to cavalry which is needed to be removed. Counts for others as infantry.
2. Dwarven billman — standart only bonuses to cavalry: 450% to all cavalry. Currently has 460% to cavalry and bonuses to buildings (last ones needs to be removed). Counts a for others as pikeman (so no bonuses to him from archers or cavalry), not as worker.
3. Hammer fighter — 50% bonus to infantries, standart bonuses to buildings. Currently has same bonuses as warrior. Cavalry bonuses needs to be removed. Counts as infantry.
Shooting stand:
4. Dwarven crossbowman — 50% to infantry and flying units. Currently has really weird bonuses to different units and bonuses to buildings. Counts ar archer.
5. Dwarven rifleman — 1. Please fix his missing chance - he can't ever hit target that is not in the list or remove this chance at all. 2. Make him as dealing melee damage. 3. Needs 50% bonus to archer units, 100% bonus to giants and trolls but has same weird bonuses as crossbowman right now. Counts as infantry unit (so anti-archer units will not deal to them bonus damage but archers will do).
Craftsmans guild:
6. All worker type units — remove all bonuses to any units. Count as worker.
Tavern:
7. Dwarven alchemist — remove all bonuses to any units. Make him dealing melee damage. Counts as infantry.
Rune mason:
8. Dwarven priest — increase cost to 3 turns, remove all bonuses. Add upgrade into Dwarven cleric. Counts as infantry.
9. Dwarven cleric — reduce cost to 3 turns, remove all bonuses. Add requirement that he can be buildable only after upgrade from priests. Counts as infantry.
Kingdom under mountain:
10. Mithril guard — add them into barracks, lower damage to 16, needs 50% bonus to giants and standart bonuses to buildings instead current weird ones. Counts as infantry (not as worker).
11. Dwarven defender — needs 100% bonus to giants and standart bonus to buildings. Remove bonuses to cavalry. Counts as infantry.
12. Dwarven mortar — 1. Must deal melee damage. 2. Needs 250% bonus to all non-castle building, 1000% to castle-buildings and 25% to giants. Counts as infantry.
13. Dwafnes zeppelin — 1. Please change name to «Dwarven War Zeppelin». 2. Needs standart bonuses to buildings and 200% to giants. Only. Counts as flying unit.
14. Dwarven monk — 1. Must be trainable at Rune mason as well. 2. Needs same upgrade to be trainable as the one that changes priests to clerics. 3. Needs 25% bonus to infantry, archers and 50% to giants. No bonuses to buildings or cavalry. Counts as infantry.
Town center only units:
15. Bear raider — must count as cavalry.
16. Dwarven Steamship — 1. Change spell resistance to 100%. 2. Needs 100% bonus to all ships and aquatic units and 50% bonus to amphibious units. Counts as ship.
Buildings:
1. All factory type buildings (barracks, shooting stand, craftsmans guild, tavern, rune mason) need 0% construction bonus and -20% mending bonus.
2. Dwarven tower (only current one) needs 100% construction and 100% mending bonus. (Total basic worker turns cost will become 9 turns). Also increase its p.armor to 5.

Other units and buildings are fine.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I agree to most of them, if nobody opposed, then I put them in.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

sounds very balanced, i agree.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Okay then.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Forgot one thing
Zeppelin carrier — change its construction bonus to -75% and its mend rate bonus to -40% so it will take more turns to make via workers them.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

It's time to put some effort back into this, can someone report what have been discussed.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I will. A bit later.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Menselot

Post by Menselot »

Soon i will start posting images.
I will start by tommorow
Fantasy > 40k
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

hello guys,

I want to rework the Dwarven Mortar to improve the graphics, what do you think?
Attachments
NEW!!!
NEW!!!
Dwarven_Mortar_1_Rework[1].png (1.25 KiB) Viewed 4667 times
OLD BASE
OLD BASE
old_concept[1].png (1.15 KiB) Viewed 4667 times
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

Menselot wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:03 am Soon i will start posting images.
I will start by tommorow
BTW, i think the dwarven defender is OP against some Scaledfolk units like Kobold warrior and dual sword snakeman. and the dwarven alchemist is pretty hard to kill againstt scaledfolk units, based on my observation
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

THAT is the mortar i wanted to look.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

MightyGuy wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:15 am hello guys,

I want to rework the Dwarven Mortar to improve the graphics, what do you think?
You are great at this, should I replace the current image or use this as an upgrade?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Replace.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

General Brave wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:56 pm It's time to put some effort back into this, can someone report what have been discussed.
HUGE wall of text.

1. Fixes:
makazuwr32 wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:00 am Bonus and other fix list:

Barracks:
1. Dwarven warrior — standart only bonuses to buildings: 100% to factories, 200% to walls and towers, 700% to castles. Currently has 200% to factories, 350% to walls and towers, 650% to castles. Also currently has 20% bonus to cavalry which is needed to be removed. Counts for others as infantry. READY
2. Dwarven billman — standart only bonuses to cavalry: 450% to all cavalry. Currently has 460% to cavalry and bonuses to buildings (last ones needs to be removed). Counts a for others as pikeman (so no bonuses to him from archers or cavalry), not as worker. READY
3. Hammer fighter50% bonus to infantries, standart bonuses to buildings. Currently has same bonuses as warrior. Cavalry bonuses needs to be removed. Counts as infantry. Please remove from it Mend bonus or make it count as worker. He can't repair things right now.
Shooting stand:
4. Dwarven crossbowman50% to infantry and flying units. Currently has really weird bonuses to different units and bonuses to buildings. Counts ar archer. Increase his sight range by 1.
5. Dwarven rifleman1. Please fix his missing chance - he can't ever hit target that is not in the list or remove this chance at all. 2. Make him as dealing melee damage. 3. Counts as infantry unit (so anti-archer units will not deal to them bonus damage but archers will do).
Craftsmans guild:
6. All worker type units — remove all bonuses to any units. Count as worker. READY
Tavern:
7. Dwarven alchemist — remove all bonuses to any units. Make him dealing melee damage. Counts as infantry. READY
Rune mason:
8. Dwarven priestincrease cost to 3 turns, remove all bonuses. Add upgrade into Dwarven cleric. Counts as infantry.
9. Dwarven clericreduce cost to 3 turns, remove all bonuses. Add requirement that he can be buildable only after upgrade from priests. Counts as infantry.
Kingdom under mountain:
10. Mithril guardadd them into barracks, lower damage to 16, needs 50% bonus to giants and standart bonuses to buildings instead current weird ones. Counts as infantry (not as worker).
11. Dwarven defender — needs 100% bonus to giants and standart bonus to buildings. Remove bonuses to cavalry. Counts as infantry. READY
12. Dwarven mortar — 1. Must deal melee damage. 2. Needs 250% bonus to all non-castle building, 1000% to castle-buildings and 25% to giants. Counts as infantry. READY
13. Dwafnes zeppelin1. Please change name to «Dwarven War Zeppelin». 2. Needs standart bonuses to buildings and 200% to giants. Only. Counts as flying unit.
14. Dwarven monk — 1. Must be trainable at Rune mason as well. 2. Needs same upgrade to be trainable as the one that changes priests to clerics. 3. Needs 25% bonus to infantry, archers and 50% to giants. No bonuses to buildings or cavalry. Counts as infantry. READY
Town center only units:
15. Bear raider — must count as cavalry. READY
16. Dwarven Steamship — 1. Change spell resistance to 100%. 2. Needs 100% bonus to all ships and aquatic units and 50% bonus to amphibious units. Counts as ship. READY
Buildings:
1. All factory type buildings (barracks, shooting stand, craftsmans guild, tavern, rune mason) need -20% construction bonus and -20% mending bonus.
2. Dwarven tower (only current one) needs 100% construction and 100% mending bonus. (Total basic worker turns cost will become 9 turns). Also increase its p.armor to 5.

Other units and buildings are fine.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:40 am Forgot one thing
Zeppelin carrierchange its construction bonus to -40% and its mend rate bonus to 0% so it will take more turns to make via workers them.
2. Additions:
Sunrise Samurai wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:24 pm Quick list of initial techs dwarves need to catch up to other races. This post will be updated as needed
Dwarven weapon smithing (1-2)
Cost 4/6 at dwarf craftsman
+1 power to all melee cavalry, infantry, and all archers (no range increase though.)

Dwarves construct impressive weapons through the use of unique metal alloys.
Rune of power
Cost 5 at rune Mason
+1 power to all melee cavalry, infantry, and all archers

Through the use of magical runes, dwarves can further enhance the power of their weapons.
By separating the techs into 2 at the craftsman and one at rune mason, a dwarf player can be allowed to speed research if they so choose. It's also a different approach from the elven craftsman upgrades.
Lighter missiles
Cost 5 at craftsman
Requires dwarven weapon smithing 2
+2 range to all archers

A mythril alloy is used for arrows and bolts, enabling them to fly further while still penetrating armor as effectively.
Dwarves aren't going to be quite so good at archery, so their range upgrade comes late, and only +2
Dwarven armor smithing (1-2)
Cost 4/6 at craftsman
+1/1 armor to all non machine, non magical units. (In other words, no golems, ships, zeppelins, etc. But upgrades your cavalry, infantry, archers, clerics, and whatever else.)

Dwarven armor is the finest in the land, being light enough for an elf to bear easily, yet hard enough to deflect the blows of an orc.
Glyph of protection
Cost 5 at rune mason
+1/1 armor to EVERYTHING!

A powerful rune is applied to protect it's bearer from harm. It can be placed on anything from a chain or brick to armor plates.
Yes, blanket armor upgrade. This is the first upgrade dwarves should seek, followed by the slightly less widespread blacksmith version
Improved gunpowder mixture (1-3)
Cost 4/6/8 at craftsman
+2 damage per level to all gunpowder units

3. Need work on these units and structure(s):
Battle tank - Ready for implementing
Siege workshop - we can use current humanic siege workshop image for this
All others need images:
Steam tank
Rune mage
Rune Battle Priest
Magma Dragon
Fire dragon
Dwarven Submarine
Helicopter
Siege engine
Golem Automatons
Last edited by makazuwr32 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

Whay do you guys would think about a gyrocopter?

It is basically a dwarven helicopter not very strong, but can shoot and drop bombs (even though that would be a bombercopter).
~Gral.Sturnn
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Bombs were planned as a researchable ability for helicopter, a bit later.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Archived - Dwarven Units, Buildings”