Orc upgrading is NOT working as intended. - IMPLEMENTED

Skelegonsans

Orc upgrading is NOT working as intended. - IMPLEMENTED

Post by Skelegonsans »

I was having a multiplayer game as orcs and for some reason, even after I bought every single upgrade for every single unit, the only units upgraded were my goblins and the hamletback and NONE ELSE. And I made sure I got EVERY SINGLE UPGRADE, so I have no idea what's wrong here. Please fix it, as orcs are heavily dependent on upgrading units on late game and cannot do very well against other races without them. :?
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Midonik

Re: Orc upgrading is NOT working as intended.

Post by Midonik »

You needed to to something wrong, it worked completely (well, almost, but I mentioned that bug) fine for me many times.
Unless there were changes in newest dev version.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

I wasn't using dev version, I was using regular version. It had never happened before so I was totally confused.

Also what is this bug you mentioned?
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

That one, not related to your issue: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=5569&p=61389&hilit ... der#p61389
I will check how it works.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

this sounds serious, please someone confirm and tell me what to train and "upgrade" to see the problem
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Ok, so I checked it, there is a bug: if you research the "elite giants" tech BEFORE "elite orcs" tech, then only orc warrior (possibly the axe throwers too) upgrade. Not leaders and other gignants. I guess it's same for wolf and raptor riders. However, if you reserch "elite gigants" and then "elite orcs" techs, everything works. We need to fix that anyway.
So, Stratego, what to do to reproduce the bug:
1.Train or place in map editor: orc leader, orc warrior, orc axe thrower, wolf rider, raptor rider, hatelmback.
2. Start reserching: "elite orcs" and "elite cavalry', "elite gigants" techs at once (or even not at once, but you need to reserch last two BEFORE "elite orcs")
3 Do same as in 2 with master triers.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Based on what midonik is saying, the real problem seems to be that the orc upgrades are interacting in a way that they aren't supposed to. Maybe the order I purchased my upgrades in kind of "inhibited" the other upgrades and made only my goblins and giants be upgraded due to this bug. Yeah, that sounds like what happened.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

@Stratego (dev) do you know if that was solved?
Age of Fantasy design leader
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

If problem is the one as described than yes it is solved.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Great. I'll archive this topic
Age of Fantasy design leader

Return to “Archived - Reporting Issues”