Age of ages (title is a work in progress)

Dgkfadomo777

Age of ages (title is a work in progress)

Post by Dgkfadomo777 »

Hi there it's me the afk ghost! So I always thought it would be great playing age of strategy over the years, if there was a civilization type age of strategy game. You could start at ancient history and use a lot of diffrent technologies to advance through the ages to get future technology and units, we could re use a lot of assets from the other games but it would be a pretty ambitious project. There could also be age starting points and limits to how far it could grow, like (bronze age to age of imperialism for example). I think it could also be an opportunity to have many diffrent countries, with one or several exclusive units, as well as input units that wouldn't work in age of strategy. Like Chinese flamethowers from the 14th century or galleons. We wouldn't have to stretch for units like orthnitopters or early guns, plus we could eventually have spaceships, without having it to be an Easter egg.
Puss_in_Boots

Re: Age of ages (title is a work in progress)

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

In the past I have thought about such a game. In fact I believe it would be able to compete in quality with many major titles. If executed correctly that is. I think there might be a problem with having to many upgrades to buy, and having too many ranged units late game. I'd like and expect to see a gargantuan tech tree entangled with all of these units from different major nationalities.
OLÉ
Dgkfadomo777

Post by Dgkfadomo777 »

There wouldn't have to be an option to buy techs or units they could ve included. Although I feel as training all the art for the techs and units would be the most ambitious part of it. (Although techs would not be as hard as they don't need animations and only people won't be looking at pictures of techs for long periods of time.) At first stages of development ages could be added slowly like ancient age with with units like slinger, khopesh, or boomarang, and each age added later so focus could be kept.
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

Ah like major game Civilization... Tho i wonder how it will do with tech, need lots of coding i think. Isn't your normal Age of games here...
Currently exploring the wonder of dimension.
Dgkfadomo777

Post by Dgkfadomo777 »

Yes, I would ideally picture this as a cumination of everything we have learned from building the other ages games. With mechanics from all games. Spell system from age of fantasy(for units like a fighter jet or tank that has multiple weapons.) Modern units like I'm age of world wars, and spaceassets from star wars strategy(we need to figure how to use that game's assets somehow people worked hard to work those just so it can be wasted.) As for coding I think the new units will just have stronger damage and armour so it's easier to code, at least until the imperial age when armour declined.

Return to “New variant ideas”