Strategy talk (Belfree consul)

Put here any posts that are totally OFF TOPIC - has no connection with AOS/AOF, SWS and so on.
Belfry777

Strategy talk (Belfree consul)

Post by Belfry777 »

Hello calling all top strategist to talk about pointers, what makes a great strategist and anything else that fits the topic. Especially about the games aos and aoww
Last edited by Belfry777 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
LordOfAles

Re: Strategy talk (Belfree consul)

Post by LordOfAles »

You may have noticed that i almost never play online, so i dunno what you expect from me to tell. I know basic strategies like every single forumer here:

Orcs: Green Dragon spam

Humans: Plenty of builders

Elves: Engaging enemy from distance, avoiding as many losses as possible

Undead: Swarm, raising dead behind enemy lines
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

Sorry I do not play aof
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Well, for aos is basically the strategy i mentoined for human race. I dont play aoww much so i cant help you that much
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

well of those two games this topic was for and if you don't play aoww that is okay aos will do.
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

AoWW: make sure your line is well equipped. Do offensive when needed. A well equipped line is line with aa guns that cover all the whole frontline, decent amount of infantries as meat shield, medium tanks, transports (optional), and tank destroyers. Between each units, you need to make space of 1 tile. Artilleries and planes are optional. Building artillery bunker is important for better defense. Make sure you also have flamethrowers to bring down enemy bunkers. On naval maps make sure you control the waters because WWII is won by sea.
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

True Sam also put fixed anti air to protect your tank factory and other buildings, I am learning this the hard way right now.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Another effective way to win in aos is to kill enemy workers, and poison archer with archer mastery 1 can kill a worker with 1 hit
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Spam poison archers, put them in wagons, then travel from town to town spreading disease and epidemics
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Also siege mantlets r VERY effective wen defending against anything EXCEPT catapults, but at least fire archers in siege mantlets can take out ballista, also siege mantlets r well protective for fire archers during castle siege

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

And if u r planning to build a castle early on, NEVER build it on the front line and make sure u at least have one fortress protecting it with may b knights Celtic warriors or skirmishers hidden in them

Midonik

Post by Midonik »

samuelch wrote:AoWW: make sure your line is well equipped. Do offensive when needed. A well equipped line is line with aa guns that cover all the whole frontline, decent amount of infantries as meat shield, medium tanks, transports (optional), and tank destroyers. Between each units, you need to make space of 1 tile. Artilleries and planes are optional. Building artillery bunker is important for better defense. Make sure you also have flamethrowers to bring down enemy bunkers. On naval maps make sure you control the waters because WWII is won by sea.
We need to play 1vs1. I have a slightly different way of playing. Mayby it's because I played a lot before infantry rebalancing and I still didn't adapt to changes. Your sounds more logical and realistic,so I will be glad if yours will be better.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

AoWW:First thing is,try to make all factories possible around the tc,where you are making the units to attack,use kubelwagen,willy jeep or soviet jeep to capture TCs,meanwhile make use of riflemen to build defenses,don't send an alone unit,if the enemy has spams of unit,take them out using bombers and the 6 turn figthers like IL-2,always keep patience,and build defense on borders,so that you can cover the area where you are having factories,then,wait for few turns,till you have enough tanks and artiellies,and then assault!
Though the strategy given above never worked against Midonik,but,its useful against many players.

As for AoF,I am heavily confused with races
And I am still practising in AoF
Homo homini lupus
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

For AoF:
orcs:
If excluding dragon spam then you need firstly orc tent, research there orcs upgrade, then uruk tent(s) and volcanoes for uruk hais (first tent researches uruk upgrades while others are producing units). For 3 turn cost they are best units in the game.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Always look at the map twice before moving anything. Strategy is the 30000 ft view. Tactics is the who moves where decisions. :)
Thanks!
Josh
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

Kill as many units in a turn. Try to not overkill units.
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Calculate damage output carefully. Sometimes you can do more with less by paying attention to bonuses.
The glorious sun rises again
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

Nice guys! I will use the ideas mentioned.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

yes sunrise samurai, that is exactly wat i always focus on, i plan ahead as to which units can b killed in a turn and atk accordingly, making optimum use of all my units without any wastage

Midonik

Post by Midonik »

As for AoWw, I was testing a new strategy, best if you play Germany. I bet you can guess what I'm trying to reproduce ;) .
Ayush can see it in our game "Palace".
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

Yes,that one seemed something different,actually AoWW gives alot more space for new tactics,as for me,Engineers are the best units(and I am waiting for the time we have units like them in AoF and AoS xD)

Also,Midonik,wish u best of luck,as you are in the middle of me and Stratego,so u will be my prime target :twisted:
Homo homini lupus
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

You need to build a bunch of Engineers.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

Ayush Tiwari wrote:Yes,that one seemed something different,actually AoWW gives alot more space for new tactics,as for me,Engineers are the best units(and I am waiting for the time we have units like them in AoF and AoS xD)

Also,Midonik,wish u best of luck,as you are in the middle of me and Stratego,so u will be my prime target :twisted:
Oh,wrong calculation,Stratego is between both of us

Though,I am afraid Midonik,u will get more TCs than me,I will have to cover it up soon
Homo homini lupus

Return to “OFF Topics”