Crusader Seargents

StormSaint373

Crusader Seargents

Post by StormSaint373 »

Armored spearmen who can fight and heal themselves!

Recruit:Church/Cathedral
Cost: 5
Hp: 30
Attack: 5
Range: 1
Armor: 1
Pierce: 3
Speed: 3
Sight: 4
Action/Turn: 1
Spell Resistance: 100%

Bonuses: cavalry 150%

Abilities: healing, heal rate: 5

Affected by blacksmith upgrades
Last edited by StormSaint373 on Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .
StormSaint373

Re: Crusader Seargents

Post by StormSaint373 »

Armored Crusader Seargent

Recruit: Church/Cathedral
Cost: 5
Hp: 34
Attack: 7
Range: 1
Armor: 2
Pierce: 4
Speed: 3
Sight: 4
Action/Turn: 1

Spell Resistance: 100%

Bonuses: Cavalry 150%

Abilities: healing, heal rate: 7

Affected by blacksmith upgrades
Last edited by StormSaint373 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

They are to be Pinnacle defense units... But vulnerable to artillery due to defense measures. I made comparisons but need feedback.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Cost 3 or 5?

And is 2nd upgrade of 1st?

U shouldn't make p armor so high just to counter ballista

Make it 1/3 for 1st and 2/4 for 2nd
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

It was meant to counter arrows not ballista.

Ballista is meant to kill infantry, (Seargents are no exception)!

Second is an upgrade to first.

BTW... Edited!

Cost is 3, they aren't OP, I made sure.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Lol, every time an archer atks he will heal to full HP, horses r useless against him, he has almost as high health and armour as a templar, his speed is higher than Shielder making him more useful as a tank than Shielder, also from ballista he would get max 10 dmg from my suggestion of armor, which too he probably can heal to full HP next turn

If u think all these a 3 turn unit can do then u need to first learn wat is the balanced stats to cost ratio
.this is obviously worth 5 turns, 3 turns is too cheap
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

He may not b that useful as main attacker, but as a support this is probably the best stats anyone can dream of, it should cost 5 turns

StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

The way you made it sound... It should cost 6 not 5. But changes made...

Are you sure cost 5?

I only joined last year... I do not mean to cause any throw-off to the balance of the game. :oops:
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Yes, templar is still more useful because they have bonus against infantry, towers and buildings, and kill workers and crossbowmen with one hit, this unit would b like anticavalry templar

StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

That was essentially my idea...
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

I just loathe enemy cav running over my Templar armies!

Not to mention Elephants! OHH!!!! THE ELEPHANTS!

Besides, I like the religious flavor of play. :D
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Here's an image!
Attachments
Crusader Seargent, Armored.png
Crusader Seargent, Armored.png (851 Bytes) Viewed 4137 times
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

For balancing reasons I suggest give both spearman and archer low heal rate, for basic give 5 HP per turn, for 1st upgrade give 7 HP/turn, these units r more defensive and already hard to defeat with as they stay at bottom waiting for enemy cavalry to come to them, where templars have to charge and atk enemies in front, where they will b surrounded by all kinds of enemies and most likely die in a turn... so they can have lower health and heal rate than templars.

Just imagine a situation where enemy hospitaller is atking Ur army with a crusader sergeant guard standing behind him, and Ur army has horsemen, will u atk the hospitaller with Ur horsemen only to get killed by this sergeant from behind?

I think its best that hospitallers and crusaders get their own upgrades instead of being put together with templar pack, may b 4 turn cost tech as unit is so expensive (templars r front lines and these r support)

StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Edited Stats and image!

Added Transparency!
Attachments
Crusader Seargent, Armored.png
Crusader Seargent, Armored.png (876 Bytes) Viewed 4127 times
Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

How boit this one? it looks more realistic, yours is cool but the head is a bit off and it doesent bond with the rest of the crusader that much
Attachments
file-4.png
file-4.png (1.76 KiB) Viewed 4123 times
~Gral.Sturnn
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I meant upgrade tech cost should b 4, unit cost should b 5 for both basic and upgraded unit

StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Fixed!
Gral.Sturnn wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:40 am How boit this one? it looks more realistic, yours is cool but the head is a bit off and it doesent bond with the rest of the crusader that much
It is nice. But, it could use a tune-up. Edit the picture so that it has 3dimensional quality like other crusader units. (Make him not so flat.)
Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

StormSaint373 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:42 pm Fixed!
Gral.Sturnn wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:40 am How boit this one? it looks more realistic, yours is cool but the head is a bit off and it doesent bond with the rest of the crusader that much
It is nice. But, it could use a tune-up. Edit the picture so that it has 3dimensional quality like other crusader units. (Make him not so flat.)
Sure
~Gral.Sturnn
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

https://goo.gl/images/S4Admj

Another idea, make a spear wielding hospitaller and put upgrade of it together with crossbow hospitaller using same tech: to knight hospitaller but for 5 turn cost in that case, u can name it hospitaller too (the json coded name will b different so game won't b affected, and player will just have to figure out which is which by seeing image instead of name) or hospitaller spearman/spear wielder/piker/ pike hospitaller or just rename the other hospitaller crossbowman/ crossbow hospitaller

It would add more fun with two upgrades for four pretty expensive units in church , also not sure how much it will affect, but I read in some old forum topics about some sensitive muslim players' disapproval for crusade related units and campaigns, one player even gave a bad rating in Google play (I don't really care by the way, I only suggested this because its more balanced for two techs instead of one to upgrade four units)

These r all my suggestions BTW u r free to ignore if u don't like them
Attachments
tech_hospitaller_upgrade.png
tech_hospitaller_upgrade.png (272 Bytes) Viewed 4103 times

Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

godOfKings wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:09 pm https://goo.gl/images/S4Admj

Another idea, make a spear wielding hospitaller and put upgrade of it together with crossbow hospitaller using same tech: to knight hospitaller but for 5 turn cost in that case, u can name it hospitaller too (the json coded name will b different so game won't b affected, and player will just have to figure out which is which by seeing image instead of name) or hospitaller spearman/spear wielder/piker/ pike hospitaller or just rename the other hospitaller crossbowman/ crossbow hospitaller

It would add more fun with two upgrades for four pretty expensive units in church , also not sure how much it will affect, but I read in some old forum topics about some sensitive muslim players' disapproval for crusade related units and campaigns, one player even gave a bad rating in Google play (I don't really care by the way, I only suggested this because its more balanced for two techs instead of one to upgrade four units)

These r all my suggestions BTW u r free to ignore if u don't like them
Sounds cool!! How bout adding this guy 2 (map editor)
Attachments
file-5.png
file-5.png (1.12 KiB) Viewed 4098 times
~Gral.Sturnn
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

If I am correct there is a similar idea I had which is just a basic sergeant.
Epic Gamer Moment!
Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

Alpha wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:23 pm If I am correct there is a similar idea I had which is just a basic sergeant.
Well this is a templar but if we makr a seargent it dhoulf look like this.

It looks neitral and cool enough
Attachments
images-34.jpeg
images-34.jpeg (24.61 KiB) Viewed 4093 times
~Gral.Sturnn
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Gral can u make a hospitaller image like in the link i posted above?

Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

godOfKings wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:05 pm Gral can u make a hospitaller image like in the link i posted above?
Sure
~Gral.Sturnn
Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

Sprite is in the works sorry for the delays I had exams at school
~Gral.Sturnn

Return to “Unit - melee infantry”