onmyoji - IMPLEMENTED

godOfKings

onmyoji - IMPLEMENTED

Post by godOfKings »

Japanese practitioners in the art of divination. They were hired by the shogunate to ward off evil spirits. They are also good fortune tellers

Cost: 3
HP: 10
Atk: 0
Armor: 0/0
Speed: 3
Sight: 3
Spell resist: 50%
Heal rate:10
Heal range: 3
Spell: Tell Fortune
Builder: Dojo

Tell fortune: Predicts the (good) future of a single unit, raising his morale

Effect (Tell Fortune): Atk +1, Armor +1/+1, lasts 4 turns
Spell cool down: 0 turn
Spell range: 1 tile

They r the Japanese version of the priest with the ability to buff allied units,

one point i forgot to clarify, THEY CANNOT CONVERT
Attachments
onmyoji 2.png
onmyoji 2.png (1.72 KiB) Viewed 3125 times
onmyoji.png
onmyoji.png (1.78 KiB) Viewed 3125 times
onmyoji 1.png
onmyoji 1.png (1.64 KiB) Viewed 3125 times
Last edited by godOfKings on Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Patrol3110

Re: onmyoji

Post by Patrol3110 »

Interesting idea, this would be the first actual unit that buffs (excluding auras) in aos. Although it kinda doesnt make much sense.

For example: he tells a you (a swordman) your future/fortune. He tells you that you will survive the upcoming battle. You are up against 3 knights and you have no backup. Would you believe him?
I can bet you don't know who I am.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

An onmyoji wouldn't b in the front lines, he would b in the tents treating the wounded, and while treating he would tell the soldiers its going to b alright like any doctor says in the modern era, but due to his knowledge of human psychology his words would have a greater effect raising the soldier's morale
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Patrol3110

Post by Patrol3110 »

Im still for the idea, aos needs some kind buff other than strenght aura and the bugged legionary aura. Lets see what others have to say
I can bet you don't know who I am.
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

Aye, i am alive. Also this buff isn't too OP so it's fine.

You wouldn't want to use it to only your swordman right? You would use it on your trump card. (whatever it is, it will help slightly)
Currently exploring the wonder of dimension.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

actually the biggest advantage of this unit is that it moves 3 tiles where healer moves only 2 tiles, it is needed if the unit has to go to the front to buff melee units since its spell is melee range, and buff also lasts 4 turns
Last edited by godOfKings on Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

godOfKings wrote:actually the biggest advantage of this unit is that it moves 3 tiles where healer moves only 2 tiles, it is needed if the unit has to go to the front lines to buff melee units since its spell is melee range, and buff also lasts 4 turns
godOfKings wrote:An onmyoji wouldn't b in the front lines, he would b in the tents treating the wounded, and while treating he would tell the soldiers its going to b alright like any doctor says in the modern era, but due to his knowledge of human psychology his words would have a greater effect raising the soldier's morale
I don't understand - here you contradict yourself?

I think this has a lot of potential but I am worried it will be OP...

What are the heal rates of the priest and such?
Thanks!
Josh
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

COOLguy wrote:What are the heal rates of the priest and such?
Healer has 10 hp heal and 2 range, has 20% base chance of convert and 4 range.

Priest has 20 hp heal and 4 range, has 40% base chance of convert and 4 range.

Missionary has 6 hp heal and 2 range, has 20% base chance of convert and 3 range

All 3 can be trained in tc as well.

Onmyoji will be dojo exclusive unit, has 10 hp heal, has ability to give unit +1 to damage and both armor, 1 tile range (melee one), 4 turns lasts.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

healers were almost op because they could instantly convert a new enemy unit to their side, like enemy loses an entire unit while healer's team gains a completely new unit. compared to that onmyoji is more harmless as it is literally just support with buffs and heals and no convert, so i thought they r justified to b faster than healers

and the part of staying in tents were just to explain that onmyoji dont really know how a swordsman's fate is gonna b as in reality they would stay in the tents as support of sorts so discard that post :D

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Okay sounds great - ACCEPTED

How do you pronounce the name?
Thanks!
Josh
godOfKings

Re: onmyoji - ACCEPTED

Post by godOfKings »

I think it is on-mai-o-ji Or on-mi-o-ji

And I also think it should have 3 heal range, does it is in between priest and missionary and all three can cover an area of 6 tiles to heal any wounded unit, being unique to only dojo it should b a little better at healing than healer (with coverage not heal rate)

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

@Stratego (dev) since cool guy already accepted it can I make a json for it?

Updated images

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sure! thanks!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: onmyoji - IMPLEMENTED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

it is in uos 30

Return to “Unit - melee infantry”