version v1.060

In this forum I post the changes on the DEVELOPER version of the game.
These versions are (at the time i post them) not yet published to google play, only registered testers can download it and test it before publishing.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

version v1.060

Post by Stratego (dev) »

version v1.059 is published.
Sunrise Samurai

Re: version v1.060

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Slightly embarrassing to just now realize this, but Wolf den isn't buildable. I never tried to build it because most of my games are with someone using the public version. Now that it's published, I realized I can't use it anyway.

Edit: can't even find it in map editor. Guess this one really slipped through. Probably because there were any new mechanics necessary to test.
The glorious sun rises again
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

bummer... sad it did not come out for this long
thx
Sunrise Samurai

Wolf den is finally in, and on server. It works.....well, exactly as you might expect. A druid you can build basically.
Sunrise Samurai

New wolf den bug. It can summon wolves while under construction (meaning, right after laying the foundation)

Also, we might as well give them autocast. No sense in not summoning every turn.
Sunrise Samurai

They also don't use the "occupied" image
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

good! in next will be in!
Sunrise Samurai

Since they are a simpler tower that doesn't require careful use of what unit gets protection from it, can the ai default to wolf dens instead of outposts? The ai is likely to perform better using the extra wolves than the extra range to one unit at a time.

While you're at it, perhaps you can change guard towers over to fortresses for the ai. Most players don't use guard towers except in extremely close matches where there isn't time to make fortresses.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:Since they are a simpler tower that doesn't require careful use of what unit gets protection from it, can the ai default to wolf dens instead of outposts? The ai is likely to perform better using the extra wolves than the extra range to one unit at a time.
ok, i have it in as 50-50% which to build.
Sunrise Samurai wrote:
While you're at it, perhaps you can change guard towers over to fortresses for the ai. Most players don't use guard towers except in extremely close matches where there isn't time to make fortresses.
same, 50-50%

wil be in in next. thanks!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Hamletbach uipgrades are in!

uos 20
Sunrise Samurai

Stratego (dev) wrote:
Sunrise Samurai wrote:Since they are a simpler tower that doesn't require careful use of what unit gets protection from it, can the ai default to wolf dens instead of outposts? The ai is likely to perform better using the extra wolves than the extra range to one unit at a time.
ok, i have it in as 50-50% which to build.
Sunrise Samurai wrote:
same, 50-50%

wil be in in next. thanks!
Nice. Didn't know you could mix them.

Given that you can make a ratio, is it possible to do something a bit more complex with undead? 75% bone towers to 25% spirit towers, and the ai automatically transforms bone towers. Add to this bone and flesh golems actively attempt to stay within a location that has delayed vanishing aura, and only leave if they can attack as soon as the movement is finished. It's a bit harder to set up I know, but would result in the ai at least appearing to have a level of competence, rather than using bone towers like expensive gates.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

That would need heavy coding
Sunrise Samurai

Alright then. Might make undead just build spirit towers, to cooperate better with allied units. For example, allied elves can have wolves last longer if they end up nearby.

Can hamletbacks get matching images please. This looks rather odd to change skin color on upgrade.
Sunrise Samurai

Warning to everyone about version disparity. It appears hamletback drops upgraded spikers based on the player who's turn it is. This means if your opponent researched master goblins and puts out a hamletback, but doesn't have a version that includes upgraded spikers, then the act of damaging said hamletback will spawn game crashing units. This includes poison damage.

@General Brave: I sincerely hope you have the latest version. I just discovered this in our tournament match, including the poison damage part. Tried to kill them all, but the ones spawning from poison I didn't catch. Sorry if this messed the game up.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

It was because I have the dev version.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Guess what!

We a new race in AOF! DWARVES!

Special thanks to General Brave for jsonizing them! It was an Act of Valor must be listed in Hall of fames ! :)

ATTENTION!: Do not make multiplayer game that can be joined by non-dev version users! you can kill all multiplayer lobby if you do so. thanks!

uos 10
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

That was pretty fast :)
Im not coming. Im impending
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Who knew all you guys needed was me.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Still some problems.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Can't launch the latest dev version.
Crashes.

java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occurred while executing doInBackground()
at android.os.AsyncTask$3.done(AsyncTask.java:309)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.finishCompletion(FutureTask.java:354)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.setException(FutureTask.java:223)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:242)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1113)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:588)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int java.lang.String.length()' on a null object reference
at com.zts.strategylibrary.AccountDataHandler.getAccountData(AccountDataHandler.java:769)
at com.zts.strategylibrary.SplashScreen$PrefetchData.doInBackground(SplashScreen.java:147)
at com.zts.strategylibrary.SplashScreen$PrefetchData.doInBackground(SplashScreen.java:1)
at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(AsyncTask.java:295)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:237)
... 3 more
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Sunrise Samurai

Best update ever. Still needs a lot of work, and not yet balanced, but awesome. I'll need to open a couple topics on unit balance, but some general problems with dwarves I'll post here.

Dwarf ai builds human buildings
Still need proper names
Buildings claim to be buildable by billman and warrior, but they can't lay foundation or mend.
They need a basic tower
Cleric should be an upgrade to priest, not a separate, superior unit

Can we make password protected games or will that still kill the lobby because they can be viewed and passwords can expire? We may need a separate multiplayer lobby only accessible via dev version.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

dwarver now build proper houses, and also train proper units. - uos 15

for this i made a new jsoning possibility in buildables.json, where all AI build strategy can be tuned.

here is a sample (only for dwarves - other races are still in code with similar settings:

Code: Select all

"buildTargets" : [
	{"productionRole":"BASIC_TASK_BUILD_FACTORY", "trnRace":"RACE_DWARF", "trnTerrain":"TERRAIN_WATER", "buildPriors" : [{"weight":10, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_BUILDING_DWARF_RUNE_MASON"]}}]},
	{"productionRole":"BASIC_TASK_BUILD_FACTORY", "trnRace":"RACE_DWARF", "trnTerrain":"TERRAIN_CLEARGROUND", 
		"buildPriors" : [
			{"weight":80, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_BUILDING_DWARF_DWARVEN_BARRACK"]}},
			{"weight":20, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_BUILDING_DWARF_SHOOTING_STAND","UNIT_BUILDING_DWARF_CRAFTSMANS_GUILD"]}}
			]
	},

{"productionRole":"TASK_TC_BUILD_DEFENSE", "trnRace":"RACE_DWARF", "buildPriors" : [{"weight":10, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_WORKER"]}}]},

{"productionRole":"TASK_EXPLORING", "trnRace":"RACE_DWARF", "buildPriors" : [{"weight":10, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_DWARF_BEAR_RIDER"]}}]},

{"productionRole":"TASK_DO_WATER_CARRY", "trnRace":"RACE_DWARF", "buildPriors" : [{"weight":10, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_DWARF_ZEPPELIN_CARRIER"]}}]},

{"productionRole":"TASK_MEND_UNIT", "trnRace":"RACE_DWARF", "buildPriors" : [{"weight":10, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_WORKER"]}}]},

{"productionRole":"TASK_TC_OCCUPY_ENEMY", "trnRace":"RACE_DWARF", "buildPriors" : [{"weight":10, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_DWARF_BEAR_RIDER"]}}]},

{"productionRole":"TASK_SPELL_ON_ENEMY_UNIT_OR_CONVERT", "trnRace":"RACE_DWARF", "buildPriors" : [{"weight":10, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_DWARF_DWAR_PRIEST", "UNIT_DWARF_DWARF_CLERIC", "UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_ALCHEMIST"]}}]},

{"productionRole":"TASK_HEAL_UNIT", "trnRace":"RACE_DWARF", "buildPriors" : [{"weight":10, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_DWARF_DWAR_PRIEST", "UNIT_DWARF_DWARF_CLERIC"]}}]},

{"productionRole":"FIELD_ATTACKER_CHEAP", "trnRace":"RACE_DWARF", "buildPriors" : [{"weight":10, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_WARRIOR", "UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_DEFENDER"]}}]},

{"productionRole":"TASK_ATTACK_ENEMY_BUILDING", "trnRace":"RACE_DWARF", "buildPriors" : [{"weight":10, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_WARRIOR"]}}]},

{"productionRole":"FASTEST_UNIT_THAT_CAN_OCCUPY", "trnRace":"RACE_DWARF", "buildPriors" : [{"weight":10, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_DWARF_BEAR_RIDER"]}}]},
	{"productionRole":"FASTEST_UNIT_THAT_CAN_OCCUPY", "trnRace":"RACE_ORC", "buildPriors" : [{"weight":10, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_ORC_RAPTOR_RIDER"]}}]},
	{"productionRole":"FASTEST_UNIT_THAT_CAN_OCCUPY", "trnRace":"RACE_UNDEAD", "buildPriors" : [{"weight":10, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_UND_KNIGHT"]}}]},
	{"productionRole":"FASTEST_UNIT_THAT_CAN_OCCUPY", "trnRace":"RACE_HUMAN", "buildPriors" : [{"weight":10, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_KNIGHT"]}}]},
	{"productionRole":"FASTEST_UNIT_THAT_CAN_OCCUPY", "trnRace":"RACE_ELF", "buildPriors" : [{"weight":10, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_ELF_UNICORN_RIDER"]}}]},

{"productionRole":"DEFAULT_PRODUCTION", "trnRace":"RACE_DWARF", 
			{"weight":50, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_WARRIOR", "UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_DEFENDER", "UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_CROSSBOWS"]}},
			{"weight":20, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_DWARF_MITHRIL_GUARD","UNIT_DWARF_BEAR_RIDER","UNIT_DWARF_BOAR_RIDER",  "UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_RIFLEMAN", "UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_RIFLEMAN_SHIELDED"]}}
			]
	}
Sunrise Samurai

[quote="Stratego (dev)"
for this i made a new jsoning possibility in buildables.json, where all AI build strategy can be tuned.

here is a sample (only for dwarves - other races are still in code with similar settings:

Code: Select all

"buildTargets" : [
	{"productionRole":"BASIC_TASK_BUILD_FACTORY", "trnRace":"RACE_DWARF", "trnTerrain":"TERRAIN_WATER", "buildPriors" : [{"weight":10, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_BUILDING_DWARF_RUNE_MASON"]}}]},
	{"productionRole":"BASIC_TASK_BUILD_FACTORY", "trnRace":"RACE_DWARF", "trnTerrain":"TERRAIN_CLEARGROUND", 
			{"weight":80, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_BUILDING_DWARF_DWARVEN_BARRACK"]}},
			{"weight":20, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_BUILDING_DWARF_SHOOTING_STAND","UNIT_BUILDING_DWARF_CRAFTSMANS_GUILD"]}}
			]
	},

{"productionRole":"TASK_TC_BUILD_DEFENSE", "trnRace":"RACE_DWARF", "buildPriors" : [{"weight":10, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_WORKER"]}}]},

{"productionRole":"TASK_EXPLORING", "trnRace":"RACE_DWARF", "buildPriors" : [{"weight":10, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_DWARF_BEAR_RIDER"]}}]},

{"productionRole":"TASK_DO_WATER_CARRY", "trnRace":"RACE_DWARF", "buildPriors" : [{"weight":10, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_DWARF_ZEPPELIN_CARRIER"]}}]},

{"productionRole":"TASK_MEND_UNIT", "trnRace":"RACE_DWARF", "buildPriors" : [{"weight":10, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_WORKER"]}}]},

{"productionRole":"TASK_TC_OCCUPY_ENEMY", "trnRace":"RACE_DWARF", "buildPriors" : [{"weight":10, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_DWARF_BEAR_RIDER"]}}]},

{"productionRole":"TASK_SPELL_ON_ENEMY_UNIT_OR_CONVERT", "trnRace":"RACE_DWARF", "buildPriors" : [{"weight":10, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_DWARF_DWAR_PRIEST", "UNIT_DWARF_DWARF_CLERIC", "UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_ALCHEMIST"]}}]},

{"productionRole":"TASK_HEAL_UNIT", "trnRace":"RACE_DWARF", "buildPriors" : [{"weight":10, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_DWARF_DWAR_PRIEST", "UNIT_DWARF_DWARF_CLERIC"]}}]},

{"productionRole":"FIELD_ATTACKER_CHEAP", "trnRace":"RACE_DWARF", "buildPriors" : [{"weight":10, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_WARRIOR", "UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_DEFENDER"]}}]},

{"productionRole":"TASK_ATTACK_ENEMY_BUILDING", "trnRace":"RACE_DWARF", "buildPriors" : [{"weight":10, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_WARRIOR"]}}]},

{"productionRole":"FASTEST_UNIT_THAT_CAN_OCCUPY", "trnRace":"RACE_DWARF", "buildPriors" : [{"weight":10, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_DWARF_BEAR_RIDER"]}}]},
	{"productionRole":"FASTEST_UNIT_THAT_CAN_OCCUPY", "trnRace":"RACE_ORC", "buildPriors" : [{"weight":10, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_ORC_RAPTOR_RIDER"]}}]},
	{"productionRole":"FASTEST_UNIT_THAT_CAN_OCCUPY", "trnRace":"RACE_UNDEAD", "buildPriors" : [{"weight":10, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_UND_KNIGHT"]}}]},
	{"productionRole":"FASTEST_UNIT_THAT_CAN_OCCUPY", "trnRace":"RACE_HUMAN", "buildPriors" : [{"weight":10, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_KNIGHT"]}}]},
	{"productionRole":"FASTEST_UNIT_THAT_CAN_OCCUPY", "trnRace":"RACE_ELF", "buildPriors" : [{"weight":10, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_ELF_UNICORN_RIDER"]}}]},

{"productionRole":"DEFAULT_PRODUCTION", "trnRace":"RACE_DWARF", 
			{"weight":50, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_WARRIOR", "UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_DEFENDER", "UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_CROSSBOWS"]}},
			{"weight":20, "unitList":{"unitTypes":["UNIT_DWARF_MITHRIL_GUARD","UNIT_DWARF_BEAR_RIDER","UNIT_DWARF_BOAR_RIDER",  "UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_RIFLEMAN", "UNIT_DWARF_DWARVEN_RIFLEMAN_SHIELDED"]}}
			]
	}
[/quote]

Please post the JSONs for all races. I'd like to examine them. I asked for this before and am quite happy you made it. Might be a while, but I'm going to see if I can make some improvements/alternative strategies.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i dont have them in json, but if u could help me turn the "coded" parts into this json form that would be cool - email me.
thanks!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, Sunrise Samurai:

i have all setting in json, we can now tune it:
Attachments
buildlists.json
(26.71 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
Sunrise Samurai

Emailed some questions on it. Though I forgot to ask, is it possible to create new categories and behaviors? For example, build x next to y? I want to be able to make the ai build things adjacent to factories (towers to defend the base)and objects such as siege adjacent to any worker it owns.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:Emailed some questions on it. Though I forgot to ask, is it possible to create new categories and behaviors? For example, build x next to y? I want to be able to make the ai build things adjacent to factories (towers to defend the base)and objects such as siege adjacent to any worker it owns.

no, sorry this is not the way to configure detailed build strategies, these are only answers for questions of ai about what to build for a given "task"
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Damn I wish I have dev version, but my cursed phone will not let me download it!
Epic Gamer Moment!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Alpha wrote:Damn I wish I have dev version, but my cursed phone will not let me download it!
Who gave u dev version?
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

You did!
Epic Gamer Moment!

Return to “DEVELOPER version changes”